“5+ star experience”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“5+ star experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

One of the most posh hotels I have ever stayed in. The normal “cheap” room is as big and plush as a suite in most other hotels (and commands similar prices). We stayed with a big group of 8 rooms. Check-in was flawless and fast. The location is good for holidays and can only be described as gorgeous. Breakfast buffet has an enormous variety and will keep you busy even after days.

Pools and gym are truly fantastic. If you have the cash, go for one of the villas, you will not be disappointed.

Service is a bit sketchy, but this seems to be the new normal in the Lion city. The new government policies towards foreign labor seem to have hit the hotel sector the hardest.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, go for a villa if you can fork out the cash
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for leaving this review for us on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read about your experience with us with your travel companions. It is wonderful to know that you found the check-in experience flawless and that the breakfast spread at The Knolls was much to your liking.

We do have the luxury of being on a lovely lush grounds with beautiful landscapes, making it a perfect respite for the holidays. The space also allows us to offer the largest lead-in rooms which as you have described are about the size of a junior suite in some hotels.

Please accept my sincere apologies if the service was not up to your expectations. Please rest assured that we are currently working on more comprehensive training programmes to improve our service process.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will return to Capella Singapore again soon.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Coriano, Italy
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been with the family at this beautiful hotel for a whole month. The hotel is beautiful, located in a green area, surrounded by swimming pools. It has an excellent gym and tennis courts. There are 3 restaurants, all of excellent quality. Obviously it is an expensive hotel, but consistent with the quality of the whole structure. The service was above all expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank StefanoRimini
Thank you so much for leaving us this review on Tripadvisor and for choosing Capella Singapore as your hotel of choice for your residence during your one month stay in Singapore.

I am absolutely pleased that during your extended stay with us, the service you experienced at Capella Singapore was above your expectations. I am also happy that you were able to use and enjoy all the facilities at Capella Singapore as well as our restaurants The Knolls, Cassia and Bob’s Bar.

I hope you will be back in Singapore again soon and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed for one week, and really loved this place

Hugh villas , lovely luxurious deco, indoor and outdoor bath facilities and plunge pool

Can also bring one small pet

Service is great, and two minutes walk to beach

Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yellowpanda
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
It is a joy to learn of how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our villas are indeed a popular choice among our guests because they are luxuriously spacious and feature great private facilities such as the plunge pool and outdoor bath. In land scarce Singapore, our villas, at 133 sqm each, offer the luxury of space and are a world apart from city accommodation.

Thank you again for your kind recommendation and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived at the hotel late in the evening, and were very pleased that the staff were ready and waiting for our arrival. Check in was fast and efficient. We were shown to our room and it was just absolutely amazing - there is nothing that I could fault. I especially loved the little added touches, and the subtle scent of jasmine. The room had everything that you could ever need, and we found ourselves just chilling in the room a lot because it was just so comfortable.

Service was exceptional, as expected. The staff were very helpful and made sure our every request was fulfilled. Room service was also great - and came within 30 minutes which I though was very fast compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Breakfast at the Knolls has a large variety of all sorts of food - western and Asian and is definitely worth a try.

I had a massage at the spa and it was probably one of the best massages that I have had. Definitely recommend. Facilities were also really good.

I wish we had stayed here our whole trip. It was so peaceful that I forgot we were in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world. Location is perfect, and cab ride into the city cost no more than 10SGD.

I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Singapore. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean view room. However, we were only on level two and so did not see much of the o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I am absolutely thrilled to read about the wonderful experience you had during your recent stay with us. I am especially pleased that our staff were perfect hosts to you and your partner during your stay with us and that you were able to try the award winning Auriga spa and all its facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our rooms. Standing at 77 sqm, our Premier Rooms are the largest for their category in Singapore.

Capella Singapore does indeed set a unique environment with a lush green resort setting yet only minutes away from the vibrant city of Singapore. Thank you again for your kind words and recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the moment that our family of 6 touched down at Changi for a 10 day busniess and family holiday we were afforded the truly inspirational Capella hospitality and personalized service with efficient and friendly pickup and travel to the Capella. Upon arriving at the Capella we were treated with the highest regard which was amazingly delightful and consistent through out our 10 day stay. The room that we arrived to was simply stunning with a fine mixture of art decor, grand design and most importantly, It had a wonderful sense of privacy and space for the family, We truly appreciated watching the evening tropical storms play out like an orchestra in front of us as we had a quiet drink on the balcony. The morning swims amongst the beautifully designed and well maintained poolswithin the tropical landscapes were a great start to the day, completed with breakfasts consisting of a delightful arrangement of foods on offer with fantastic and friendly staff and chefs of different cultures offering alternatives to the set menu - Truly a vibrant start to the day. The kids being able to roam at pleasure between the pool and villa for hours of swimming and self entertainment and high standard room service was a true highlight with the weight being lifted from the parents as we shopped, attended business and relaxed. The entire family enjoyed the personal hospitality of management and staff and we left feeling like we were true hosts . Capella - An exclusive and truly enlightening villa in the tropics that we will call our home in Singapore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the fun you and your family had during your stay with us. Our villas are definitely a favourite choice for families because of the spacious surroundings and the private plunge pool. Standing at 133 sqm, our villas offer tranquility and privacy needed to relax in busy land scarce Singapore.

At Capella Singapore, all our guests are important to us and we do our best to maintain that constant standard of service for each guest in all that we do. I am so pleased you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls as well as the cascading swimming pools.

I am especially delighted that you think of us as your home in Singapore and I look forward to having you and your family back at the hotel for your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Capella for our honeymoon and had a seaview room.

The room is immaculate and very clean. They have complimentary water, orange juice and cola which is a very nice touch. There is a "remote" on the bedside that controls the lights, curtains, air con, do not disturb/make my room signs.

The library has complimentary coffee/tea and biscuits. It's a nice place to just unwind.

We ate at Knolls and the Asian restaurant there. Firstly the Asian restaurant is lovely. Food is good and has a wide enough range of classics. Knolls was a mixed bag. Breakfast mainly catered to Asian palates which is fine for me but not so much for my wife. They had a limited selection of western hearty breakfast items, but a good range of pastries. Also we had dinner at Knolls and my wife ended up getting sick from the Sea Bass Risotto, whilst my steak was delicious.

The staff for the most part were brilliant. Exceptional standout was Michael who had the late night shift when my wife fell ill. He got us the medicines for her at the ungodly hours of the evening/morning.

One thing to note is be prepared to be shocked at the cost of wine. They had a bottle of Oyster Bay for about SGD$130. This is a AUD$17-19 bottle of wine. We also had a mocktail (a mango/elderflower combo) which we topped off with a shot of gin. From memory it was another SGD$18 per shot on top of the mocktail, so be prepared for the cost of alcoholic drinks.

Location wise it's a short walk to most places in Sentosa, but I wouldn't recommend it. Best to take a taxi. It's relatively cheap and you won't turn up to your destination drenched in sweat.

The only gripe I have with this place is that there are 3 pools and the top pool (closest to Knolls) is signed as strictly adults only, as they have a children/family pool below. This was not enforced so our idea of lounging by the pool drinking cocktails went out the door, so not an ideal place for honeymooners. Whilst the majority of parents adhered to this, there were a few that left their manners/consideration of others at home and staff are reluctant to do anything about misbehaving kids as "they are paying customers", at the expense of other paying customers. I would suggest if you want to stay at Capella on your honeymoon, get the room with the private pool.

Overall a very good place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Firstly, congratulations on your wedding! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore. It was truly a pleasure to read about how you enjoyed the rooms along with the facilities as well as the complimentary services at The Library. I am also pleased that you found Cassia, our fine dining Chinese restaurant, much to your liking.

Please accept my sincere apologies about your experience at The Knolls. I will certainly pass this feedback to them to ensure that all our guests will receive consistently good quality of service and experiences at all times. I am also disappointed to hear about your experience at the poolside. We will definitely look into this to see how we can better create a relaxing and conducive environment for both families and couples such as yourselves.

That said, I still hope that you will return to Capella Singapore again and allow us a second chance to create that perfect Capella experience for you and your wife.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My 2 nights stay at the Capella was my son's gift for my "SIGNIFICANT MILESTONE BIRTHDAY" as he calls it. (I had turned 70). It was one of the best gifts I have ever had. The choice of a resort like Capella was not an easy one for a mother who has travelled all over the world and who currently lives in a bangalow admidst lush rainforest with a waterfall splashing onto a koi pond. Choosing a suitable resort to impress me is indeed, I admit not an easy task.
But the moment the door of my room was opened, I was awed. The window blinds opened to reveal a picturesque window.(See my photo of the room view)
This was a smart room which meant that there was no necessity to ring for room service or the chamber maid. Everything was controlled by a user friendly touch screen.
I have been to Bali and love the outdoor Balinese style bathrooms. But the bathroom in Capella was comparable. I love the bathub beside the wide window ; such a treat to luxuriate in the bath overlooking the wide spreading trees and the sea.
I was impressed by the mini fridge with complimentary drinks and a coffee machine. It could do with a slight improvement no doubt by providing more than 3 bags of tea and some cold beer would be a plus.
I give top marks to the Library on the 3rd floor - well equipped with reading material and a free flow of tea, coffee and soft drinks, not forgetting the cookies and fruit. However, a daily change in the variety of cookies and fruit would be a great improvement. I was seeing the same cookies and fruit for all 3 days. The newspapers should be the current day's issue, not the day old papers.
I had dinner at the Knolls. The service was lacking in attention and the menu was nothing to shout about. I was put off by the stray cats helping themselves to the left over food after the diners had left. Most un-hygenic.
What impressed me are the grounds. As an avid morning walker, Capella grounds provided shaded walkways lined with trees and plants.
I live in a bangalow with my own pool overlooking the rainforest. The Capella 3 level pool made me feel right at home. The trees lining the pools gave guests absolute tranquility and privacy.
My lasting impression of Capella ? A perfect sancturary in total communion with nature, where service is polite yet in-obstrucive.
I hope I don't have to wait for my next Significant Birthday to re-visit.

Room Tip: High floor Premier room overlooking the tree tops and the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, happy 70th birthday! It is truly a milestone and I wish you much happiness and health for the many years to come!

From writing about the stunning views that you can enjoy from our bathrooms, to our lush tree-lined pathways, you have indeed painted a beautiful picture of our resort. I am also glad that you appreciated the touchscreen control panel that controls all the settings in the room, from air-conditioning, curtains, lighting to room service and housekeeping. Standing at 77 sqm, our Premier Rooms are the equivalent of junior suites in city hotels and are the largest in Singapore for their category.

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our in-room refreshment centre as well as our refreshments in The Library. We have provided shared these comments with our culinary team and they will explore ways to further improve them. However, I do hope you enjoyed the local confectionary and cakes that we hope add a touch of local flavour.

I am deeply apologetic for the service you received at The Knolls. We are working to improve our service at The Knolls and hope that you forgive us for our shortcomings. Indeed, it is also extremely unacceptable that stray cats were seen outside the restaurant. Please rest assured that we are working to ensure that this problem is rectified as soon as possible. We have very high hygienic standards and such incidents will not be tolerated at all. We are investigating this incident very seriously.

Once again, happy birthday! The team and I are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore soon.