Capella Singapore
W Singapore Sentosa Cove(Sentosa Island)
$279
$253
$221
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$143
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
$437
$261
Shangri-La.com
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$235
$198
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$186
$662
$535
$818
1,622 results
All reviewsbob's barpersonal assistantgarden villaknolls restaurantauriga spachef davidconstellation roompremier sea viewchinese restaurantplunge poolpremier roommain buildingcolonial buildingoutdoor showerthe south china seabose sound systemhigh tech
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Capella for 3 nights in early March and can only describe our stay in one word - fabulous! We had originally booked a Premier Sea View Room but upon arrival were told that we had been upgraded to a Capella Suite, a stunning and very large room with separate lounge area, a perfect "second bedroom" to put our toddler in (our infant stayed in our room with us). In addition to the complimentary upgrade, which we did not expect but really appreciated, we experienced impeccable service throughout our entire stay. The staff really went out of their way to get to know us and I could see they really loved getting to know our kids too. There were personalised plates of cookies and m&ms for our girls awaiting us in our suite upon arrival, not to mention a lovely bottle of red wine which my husband enjoyed over the next few nights (I don't drink). Once the staff knew our toddler's name, they would greet her by name each time they saw her. We loved breakfast - the small but delectable selection of pastries (fresh berries!) was my favourite, as was the made-to-order French toast and fresh coconut juice. I enjoyed a wonderful post natal spa treatment at Auriga Spa. All in all, a wonderful stay. We hope to return one day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eugeandmaz
sandyliw, Director of Sales and Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us on Tripadvisor. It was truly a pleasure to read about your wonderful experience with us at Capella Singapore.

I am so pleased that our staff were perfect hosts to you and your family. At Capella Singapore, all our guests are important to us and part of making each guests’ stay with us unique is by taking the effort to remember each of our guests by name.

It is great that you were able also to enjoy the award winning Auriga spa as it is definitely one of the elements that complete the Capella experience.

I hope that you and your family will return to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Capella has got excellent location, almost entire hill. Excellent infrastructure and great service, excellent and very helpful staff. The rooms are very spacious, but if one is going for a sea view, pl be prepared to see not only the sea, but more of large ships and oil tankers. The government is considering moving port out, but that may take around 10 years. But overall it's a hotel which is worth exploring. Great holiday place.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for this great review on Tripadvisor and for recommending Capella Singapore to other viewers. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At Capella, we believe in creating that special and unique experience for each of our guests. In order to achieve this, we do our best to give each of our guests the highest quality of service we can, in addition to providing all our guests with the details of luxury such as the spacious rooms with beautiful views and complimentary facilities.

I personally love the views of the ships that dot the horizon. Many of our guests have commented that they do find it therapeutic watching the ships pass by and that they serve as a reminder of Singapore’s rich heritage as a busy port that has made us the prosperous nation we are today.

Once again, I am so glad that your stay with us was memorable and enjoyable. I hope that you will return to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at Capella Singapore from 6 March to 8 March 2013. I have planned this solo staycation for some time to rejuvenate and spend some time alone. Reading all the wonderful comments about the Premier Sea View Room, I wanted very much to stay in one of these rooms but alas! The Premier Sea View rooms were fully booked on my desired days of stay. So I booked a Premier Garden View room instead but wrote under the comments section that if someone happened to give up their Sea View room, I will gladly take it up.

Two days before my stay, my personal assistant from Capella, Jessica, sent me an email asking me for my preferred stay details like purpose of stay, names of companions etc. Not to worry, not too intrusive, kind gesture from the hotel to customize your stay just before you arrive. I was very pleased to be able to connect with someone from the hotel just before I arrived.

To get to the hotel, I would suggest taking a taxi from Vivocity as it is quite a long walk from the sentosa bus stops or monorail stops. Again, not to worry because once you check in, there is complimentary shuttle bus trips from the hotel to Vivocity and back. You can get a shuttle bus schedule from the reception, very handy when you need transport to the mainland! I was offered the schedule by Jessica who was at the reception awaiting my check in! Very thoughtful of her as I asked her about the shuttle bus service in our email correspondence.

When I was checking in, the staff were very friendly and warm and I was given a pleasant surprise!! I was upgraded to a suite with sea view! A very nice gesture from the hotel again, really lifted up my spirits as I had wanted a room with sea view so much. But again, I would have been happy with a garden view room as I do not think it is right for people to have such demands on the hotel. So I hope my comment here will not cause people to have unreasonable demands on the hotel. It is out of goodwill from the hotel and I really appreciated the kind gesture.

The room I had was very spacious with a living space, king-sized bed with comfortable pillows, a bathtub that gives you a view of the south china sea. The room was clean and smelled pleasant. Plenty of good quality toiletries and a big closet space. The lightings, air conditioner, curtains and blinds were all controlled by a touch-panel at the bedside, very high tech! Just need some time to figure out and not difficult to use. There was also an iPod dock with Bose system as well as complimentary mini bar and a nespresso machine for coffee lovers. The room was made up twice a day and in the evening, everything was made up for you so that you can get into bed without much preparation on your own, like the curtains all drawn up for you and a bottle of water by the bedside, very thoughtful of the housekeeping team. I would also like to commend the excellent service of the housekeeping team. I had trouble opening the bottles of mineral water as they were capped too tightly. So I left a note on the table with the bottles of water and when I got back to the room in the evening, there was a reply from the housekeeping team saying they had loosen the caps for me and on top of that, added more bottles of water for me, how thoughtful! I felt well looked after during my stay there.

Breakfast at the Knolls restaurant was good and you get a view of the cascading pools while enjoying breakfast. There was a good mix of Asian and Western food. I was also very pleasantly surprised to find fresh coconuts too, nicely chopped open for you to enjoy the fresh coconut juice.

I also had a rejuvenating time at the Auriga Spa. I had two treatments done over two days. Make sure you arrive 45 minutes before your treatment time to enjoy the award winning spa facilities, you will not regret it! Very pleasant and relaxing experience. The spa staff were also very friendly. The spa was well equipped with shower areas, toilets, towels and lockers, they even provide a small plastic bag for you to keep your wet swim suits after you use the spa facilities. Again, very thoughtful!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, whatever your purpose of stay may be, I am sure the competent staff of the hotel will be able to make your stay a memorable one! I had the most relaxing and enjoyable staycation at Capella and I hope to go back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Rebecca T

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review on Tripadvisor for us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your wonderful stay with us and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay with us so memorable and pleasurable.

The Personal Assistants are the hallmark of the Capella experience and together with the rest of the team at Capella Singapore, we do our utmost best to ensure that each guests’ stay with us unique and special – this is through the simple personal and thoughtful gestures to meet your every need.

I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls and was able to experience the award winning Auriga spa.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again for your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

For the first time ever, I could not find a single fault with my stay at the Garden Villa in Capella Singapore. I celebrated my birthday there, it is a most restful and relaxing holiday. The villas are beautifully deigned and maintained. The staff were welcoming and attentive. The normal check in room is 3 pm, we checked in around noon and they were able to arrange the villa for us immediately. We had a wonderful dinner at Cassia. I would strongly recommend this Hotel, their service will never let you down!
The Spa facilities and massage is the best I've ever tried

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn1903

Thank you for this lovely review of Capella Singapore. It is a pleasure to read about your wonderful stay with us. I am so happy that you found that everything was perfect for your stay. The villas are a favourite among our guests, as is the award-winning Auriga spa, and indeed something very special that we offer our guests is the flexibility in check in and check out times where available.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and affirmation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My plans for an overseas March Vacation got smashed by various unforseen reasons. Adamant to get away for a short break, I was debating between a 2-night stay in the W (for Starwood reasons) or the Capella (thanks to the wonderful reviews on this site). I decided on the Capella because of its huge room size advantage. The constellation room - they only have 4 - was not available, so the kind lady on the phone suggested I take the Garden Villa, which comes with a private plunge pool and is larger than, but costs the same as the Constellation Room. Taking a leap of faith, I booked the Garden Villa for two nights with breakfast, the 'Capella Bed and Breakfast Experience'.
Drove to Sentosa on a Monday evening and was greeted at the reception by three very polite staff. Check-in was smooth and they offered suggestions for dinner, both in and out of the hotel and even delivered the restaurant menus to our villa so we could decide. A short buggy ride to our villa then a briefing on the room controls and amenities. Very concise indeed.
The room was divided into a living space - with complimentary drinks, fruit, a lounger, two plush chairs and a long working desktop with plugs and two international adapters. Not to mention the 55" TV and a Bose music sound system which was also in the bedroom. The bedroom had a king-sized bed, remote controls for lighting, aircon and blinds/curtains at the bedside, the TV and sound system and a rather nice fuzzy carpet. Next was the bath/vanity with two separate glass cubicles for shower and toilet, two vanities, and a really fuzzy stool in between. Oh, no that's not all. There's an outdoor rain shower AND a bath. Who can forget the plunge pool, about 3x3m pleasingly green tiled, with two pool decks along the terrace.
Very beautiful, nice zen-like colours and peaceful. We decided on the Knolls restaurant for dinner that night - Mediterranean fare, which was quite tasty. Service was prompt and polite. Daily buffet breakfast is served from 7am to 11am, with a decent variety of local and western fare. It wasn't the largest buffet, but the food was decent. Needless to say, the wait staff were polite and ever ready to help and offer dishes that were available within the buffet, but not on display. I loved the timing of breakfast because I'm not a 'breakfast person' but my room-mate was, so we managed to have a compromise with brunch/lunch/breakfast at about 10am, where other hotel buffets would have ended.
There are three pools in the Capella - two free-from ones just outside the Knolls restaurant, one level above the other, and on the third landing below, a adults-only lap pool. When we ventured out to the pools in the early afternoon, there was hardly anyone around. We had the adult pool all to ourselves, with towels available on each pool chair. Of course, one of the staff came around with cold white chocolates with coconut filling, while we were lazing in the pool. INCREDIBLE. I've half a mind to write to them to ask to buy a box of them :)
We walked over to the fitness centre, which wasn't large but was well equip with machinery of all shapes and sizes, and decided to skip out on the Spa because of my room-mates intolerance to massages.
I loved that Capella provided a map of the grounds with suggested jogging routes and locations of special 'Singapore' trees within the hotel. It almost seemed like we could have been anywhere in the world (with the same heat and humidity..) with the semi-isolated feel of the hotel and the beautiful landscaping. Only two issues with the stay - first, it was a short but rather dark walk from the garden villas to the restaurant, perhaps a bit of lantern lighting would make it safer. Second, there were a few sand-flies bugging about, which reminded me of my school-days.. There aren't enough to even begin to spoil the trip, but I'd suggest bug-spray or insect repellant, especially if traveling with children and staying in the villas. I doubt there would be the same problem in the main hotel block. Capella also provides extra passes in and out of Sentosa and complimentary parking coupons.
Check out was a breeze too, and everyone was as polite as could be. Thanks Capella! It was expensive but it was worth it :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JumpJump

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this very lovely detailed review on Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I believe your review sums up a great deal of what we offer and have in store for our guests – luxurious exclusivity with convenience and comfort.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our One Bedroom Garden Villa. The villas are absolutely perfect for those seeking tranquility and relaxation from the hustle and bustle of the city. I especially love the fact that they all feature their very own outdoor plunge pools!

With regards to you comment about lighting the path from the villas to the restaurants, it is definitely something we are looking into as the safety of our guests is a priority for us.

Once again, thank you for your words of praise. I hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.