“Capella Singapore a perfect stay”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed March 21, 2013

For the first time ever, I could not find a single fault with my stay at the Garden Villa in Capella Singapore. I celebrated my birthday there, it is a most restful and relaxing holiday. The villas are beautifully deigned and maintained. The staff were welcoming and attentive. The normal check in room is 3 pm, we checked in around noon and they were able to arrange the villa for us immediately. We had a wonderful dinner at Cassia. I would strongly recommend this Hotel, their service will never let you down!
The Spa facilities and massage is the best I've ever tried

1  Thank Lynn1903
sandyliw, Director of Sales and Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for this lovely review of Capella Singapore. It is a pleasure to read about your wonderful stay with us. I am so happy that you found that everything was perfect for your stay. The villas are a favourite among our guests, as is the award-winning Auriga spa, and indeed something very special that we offer our guests is the flexibility in check in and check out times where available.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and affirmation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My plans for an overseas March Vacation got smashed by various unforseen reasons. Adamant to get away for a short break, I was debating between a 2-night stay in the W (for Starwood reasons) or the Capella (thanks to the wonderful reviews on this site). I decided on the Capella because of its huge room size advantage. The constellation room - they only have 4 - was not available, so the kind lady on the phone suggested I take the Garden Villa, which comes with a private plunge pool and is larger than, but costs the same as the Constellation Room. Taking a leap of faith, I booked the Garden Villa for two nights with breakfast, the 'Capella Bed and Breakfast Experience'.
Drove to Sentosa on a Monday evening and was greeted at the reception by three very polite staff. Check-in was smooth and they offered suggestions for dinner, both in and out of the hotel and even delivered the restaurant menus to our villa so we could decide. A short buggy ride to our villa then a briefing on the room controls and amenities. Very concise indeed.
The room was divided into a living space - with complimentary drinks, fruit, a lounger, two plush chairs and a long working desktop with plugs and two international adapters. Not to mention the 55" TV and a Bose music sound system which was also in the bedroom. The bedroom had a king-sized bed, remote controls for lighting, aircon and blinds/curtains at the bedside, the TV and sound system and a rather nice fuzzy carpet. Next was the bath/vanity with two separate glass cubicles for shower and toilet, two vanities, and a really fuzzy stool in between. Oh, no that's not all. There's an outdoor rain shower AND a bath. Who can forget the plunge pool, about 3x3m pleasingly green tiled, with two pool decks along the terrace.
Very beautiful, nice zen-like colours and peaceful. We decided on the Knolls restaurant for dinner that night - Mediterranean fare, which was quite tasty. Service was prompt and polite. Daily buffet breakfast is served from 7am to 11am, with a decent variety of local and western fare. It wasn't the largest buffet, but the food was decent. Needless to say, the wait staff were polite and ever ready to help and offer dishes that were available within the buffet, but not on display. I loved the timing of breakfast because I'm not a 'breakfast person' but my room-mate was, so we managed to have a compromise with brunch/lunch/breakfast at about 10am, where other hotel buffets would have ended.
There are three pools in the Capella - two free-from ones just outside the Knolls restaurant, one level above the other, and on the third landing below, a adults-only lap pool. When we ventured out to the pools in the early afternoon, there was hardly anyone around. We had the adult pool all to ourselves, with towels available on each pool chair. Of course, one of the staff came around with cold white chocolates with coconut filling, while we were lazing in the pool. INCREDIBLE. I've half a mind to write to them to ask to buy a box of them :)
We walked over to the fitness centre, which wasn't large but was well equip with machinery of all shapes and sizes, and decided to skip out on the Spa because of my room-mates intolerance to massages.
I loved that Capella provided a map of the grounds with suggested jogging routes and locations of special 'Singapore' trees within the hotel. It almost seemed like we could have been anywhere in the world (with the same heat and humidity..) with the semi-isolated feel of the hotel and the beautiful landscaping. Only two issues with the stay - first, it was a short but rather dark walk from the garden villas to the restaurant, perhaps a bit of lantern lighting would make it safer. Second, there were a few sand-flies bugging about, which reminded me of my school-days.. There aren't enough to even begin to spoil the trip, but I'd suggest bug-spray or insect repellant, especially if traveling with children and staying in the villas. I doubt there would be the same problem in the main hotel block. Capella also provides extra passes in and out of Sentosa and complimentary parking coupons.
Check out was a breeze too, and everyone was as polite as could be. Thanks Capella! It was expensive but it was worth it :)

2  Thank JumpJump

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this very lovely detailed review on Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I believe your review sums up a great deal of what we offer and have in store for our guests – luxurious exclusivity with convenience and comfort.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our One Bedroom Garden Villa. The villas are absolutely perfect for those seeking tranquility and relaxation from the hustle and bustle of the city. I especially love the fact that they all feature their very own outdoor plunge pools!

With regards to you comment about lighting the path from the villas to the restaurants, it is definitely something we are looking into as the safety of our guests is a priority for us.

Once again, thank you for your words of praise. I hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I came back to Capella in March. We often stay in the best hotels around the world and this hotel is probably one of the best of the best. Everything about this hotel was perfection. The location with a view over the busy Singapore bay and ships. Beautiful rooms with large windows and views. Outstanding and highly professional service. Terrific food. We could not find anything wrong and looking forward to going back.

2  Thank Lenvindman
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your continued support. I am thrilled that you consider Capella Singapore as one of the best hotels in the world. We definitely do our best to make everything perfect for all our guests. At Capella Singapore we have the luxury of 30 acres of lush natural greenery while being only minutes from tie vibrant city. Our rooms are the largest in Singapore with stunning views of the South China Sea and tropical gardens.

I am so pleased that our staff were great hosts to you and you enjoyed every bit of our stay with us from the food to the rooms and environment. I am looking forward to having you back at Capella Singapore again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The garden villa was fantastic. I took a cab from vivo city and within minutes I arrived at the lobby. The lobby was impressive with modern decor and the surrounding with greenery gives me a sense of calmness. You can inform the staff where you stay and they will arrange a buggy to send you to your destinations. I was looking forward to my villa and i was certainly not disappointed. When I first enter, my 'jaw' almost drop to the floor and I struck awed by the view present right before my eyes. It was a luxury villa with modern decor mixed with resort style and the surrounding was all greenery and foliage. There is a plunge pool just right outside the bedroom with a indoor and outdoor shower. Lack of privacy is certainly not an issue. The space were well appointed. You can spent whole day in your villa without feeling bored. Service were excellent. An ideal place for honeymooner.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank CarolPei26

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review on Tripadvisor for us. You have indeed captured one of the most special aspects about Capella Singapore – a tranquil and serene resort surrounded by natural tropical greenery, only minutes away from the bustling Singapore city.

I am glad that you enjoyed your villa – our villas are definitely a favourite option for many guests because it presents perfect exclusivity, with modern finishings and a private plunge pool.
Thank you again for your recommendation and I hope you will be back at Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is lovely. The room was beautiful. Control panel, granite bathroom - very modern with an outside bathroom. The lounge area was very modern and lovely and clean. As for the outside area, the plunge pool was great - shame you had to stand on the wall to see the south china sea!

The chinese restaurant was brilliant and we ate there both nights. Shame the wine was so expensive like the rest of Singapore.

The pool area were lovely with attentive staff. Great beds.

Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review on Tripadvisor, I am so thrilled to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. At Capella Singapore we do our best to make each stay for our guest unique and memorable – and much of this comes in the little details which you have mentioned such as the touch screen control panel by the bedside, the complimentary facilities in the room and even the comfortable beds. Unlike our Premier Seaview Rooms and Suites which are on a higher level and offer clear views of the South China Sea, our villas are designed to give our guests the luxury of tranquil privacy. I am happy that you enjoyed dining at Cassia our Chinese restaurant and the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore on your next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Love all the staff there, they serve with passion and pride. They even go the extra mile in taking care of their guests and their warm and friendly smiles just touches your heart. Great hotel and people, love it.

• Stayed: March 2013
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave these kind words about our team on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to learn about the marvelous experience you had with all our staff and how they went the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. At Capella Singapore, our staff are definitely our most valuable assets and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It was an impressive stay for me and family.

First arrival, we were amazed waited on their lobby lounge
Meticulous room details from layout to high-tech room control panel to luxurious granite..I love it.
Especially the outdoor retreat area for us to mingle and enjoy the outdoor chat.

The bed, I enjoyed so much with the mattress quality, room size quite enough for two jolies or even with extra two kids.

They did well in developing the masterplan, blending between Front Colonial building and Modern building with serene garden lush.

Breakfast was our favorite place to hang out watching the peacock birds walking around waited to be fed by us...

The food selections need to be improvise and need to rotate the varieties.
the pool has two layers from closest to the dining area or more private and less noise area.

The resort was meant to be enjoy inside the vicinity, like other exclusive resorts...

Speaking about Convenience, Well, its right on top of the hill and no access without a cab.
It's a walking distance to Universal yet quite exhaustive going uphill with family.

Why i only gave 4 star ratings?
Paying for ocean view with free extra goodies: seeing oil refinery and dozens of large cargo fleets. It was a turn off if you are on a date or taking the kids to enjoy the sandy beach...
It wasn't Capella's fault, it's the island itself.

I recommend you honeymooners, cosmo travelers, and even families.

Room Tip: Paying for ocean view with free extra goodies: seeing oil refinery and dozens of large cargo fleets...