“Blissful luxury”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Fabulous stay at the Capella in Singapore for a special wedding anniversary. We had chosen a 1 bedroomed Palawan villa which was perfectly designed, spacious and very comfortable. We had an outdoor plunge pool and an outside deck area which we would have made better use of it it had not been so wet with heavy rain. The 2 restaurants were both exceptional! Wish we'd have stayed here most nights to eat! We had the most interesting and delicious meal at the Chinese restaurant and the service was exemplary. We were informed about all the unusual ingredients from the Chinese waitress and their meaning/ properties. I had what I think was the best therapy treatment ever at their spa from a very knowledgable lady who looked after me in the most holistic way - it was very special indeed and one of the things that would ensure my return. All the staff went completely out of their way at all times to ensure everything was perfect for us. We have never experienced such consistently perfect service. The Capella is at the cutting edge of hospitality, so a very big thank you for a really perfect stay!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Firstly, a very happy anniversary to you and your spouse, thank you for choosing to spend this special celebration with us at Capella Singapore. I am thrilled that this was a truly wonderful stay for you, from staying in the luxurious Palawan Villa and dining at our restaurants to the award-winning Auriga spa. All our guests are important to us and we will definitely continue to strive to provide consistently excellent service to all our guests. Thank you for your kind words for praise. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

From champagne at check in... to the complimentary tea with a lovely spread.... Capella was a dream come true!
Our room has a pool, indoor bath tub and rain shower. spacious and well-maintained.
Good breakfast too! Check out the peacocks during your breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Capella, we do indeed offer one of the most spacious accommodations in Singapore. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the room as well as the complimentary tea in The Library. Breakfast with the peacocks is certainly also one of the unique experiences that our guests enjoy here at Capella Singapore. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were looking for a staycation place to celebrate our baby's 10-month birthday and decided to splurge a little more and go for the Capella, after having an event there prior and having the opportunity to recce the rooms. It was our first staycation with baby, so we wanted to get a really good experience.

The rooms are definitely the largest we've seen to date - when we showed friends the photos of the "normal" room, they thought we had stayed in a suite.

The service is definitely excellent. Prior to our stay, a Personal Assistant called to ask if there were any special requirements etc, confirmed that we wanted to cot for the baby and all.

When we got there, check-in was fast and smooth. When we went to the room, we were surprised by the thought that had gone into it. Not only was there a baby cot (with bumpers assembled and a blanket as well), the hotel staff had also provided a toy to add to baby's collection, a baby bathing tub and baby bathing toiletries were happily waiting for him in the bathroom.

When we put baby into the cot, he happily played in it on his own for a long time (he never does that at home - just sort of wails for our attention). For some reason, baby slept very very well at the Capella - throughout the night and with power naps in the afternoon (maybe it's the aircon... or the sheets... or the bed, don't know).

The mini-bar refreshments are complimentary, as with a pack of nice cookies that come each evening.

The breakfast @ The Knolls was good as well - while it's not the largest breakfast buffet spread I've seen, the quality of food is very good. There is also a nice selection of light bites at the Libary during tea time - during our stay, we had such a heavy breakfast that we couldn't eat lunch and therefore were contented with just the light tea at the library before dinner.

The pools are also great - we didn't really do that much swimming coz we were busy playing with baby in the pool, but good enough for him and us.

It's not quite walking distance to Resorts World Sentosa (especially with a baby), but we quite easily took the hotel buggy down the slope to the main road, walked across the road to catch a free bus to Resorts World Sentosa, and had most of our meals there. We also went to the Marine Life Park SEA Aquarium, which baby loved thanks to its beautiful vibrant colours. The Personal Assistant had helped book the tickets - she booked the Water Adventure Park tickets mistakenly, when we got to the Aquarium, we had to buy tickets again, and the Capella took care of the mistake quickly by minusing off the ticket bill from our hotel bill.

So there - we are definitely keen to return to the Capella again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Capella Singapore to celebrate your baby’s 10-month birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about the lovely details of your stay with us. At Capella Singapore, part of our efforts to create that unique experience for all our guests comes with anticipating your needs and it is encouraging to learn that we were able to create such a memorable staycation for you and your baby. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls as well as the complimentary afternoon tea in The Library. I do apologise for the mistake on the part of our Personal Assistants and I am happy that the issue was quickly resolved. The team and I are looking forward to having you and your family back at Capella Singapore again soon!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

"Daddy, Thank you for making this happen, I love this place".. whispers my 5 year old daughter on our last night in Capella. We've stayed in Capella for 3 nights and 4 days. I have planned for this get away as gift to my wife's birthday and for my princess treat in Universal. I have search for a lot of hotels located in Sentosa and I have come across with Capella with good reviews and some are disappointing. Still i have taken my chances to book for the "Romance A La Carte". The PA in-charge was Lynette who has given me everything and every possible arrangement to surprise my wife on her birthday. And Guess what... Capella has done it so perfectly that my wife and daughter fell in love with the place. From the airport we were pick up by capella chauffeur who is very polite and entertaining. Upon the arrival, Lynette our PA welcome us warmly, the staff know us by name and they are smiling most of the time, thus making you feel at home. The check in was silky smooth. Then the buggy takes us to our Villa. And when we saw the room, It was just lovely, my wife was speechless, it was simply amazing. Everything jive, the room was perfect, the bed, the bath and the plunge pool. There was a birthday cake for my wife and bottle of wines as complimentary. We have order an in house dining and the food was delivered on time and taste great. In the morning an envelop will be drop on your door with reminder of your schedule. We have breakfast at Knolls which we all enjoy and it was beside the infinity pool. Then me and my wife went to the Auriga Spa and the experience was extra-ordinary. We have 90 minutes session for 3 days and it was the best spa that i have experience in all our travel. It was a quality time with my wife and I don't have to worry with my princess coz Capella had arrange a baby sitter for her for 3 days. The baby sitter speak english well and she is good in handling children. Most of the time my princes spent her time in the library with her baby sitter and borrow children dvds. Then we have our dinner at CASIA and to be honest the place was so romantic and cozy. The food was great according to your taste and selection. Then on the night by 9 pm, our room was showered with roses and romantic candles, creating a romantic sparks. For the whole stay, Capella never fails to exceed our limitations, it was a perfect place to relax and un-wine and spend lovely moments with your wife and kid. Every planning and money spent worth it all. Capella make it happen. From the time you arrive and the moment you leave. I am very thankful to Capella and its staff. For sure we would be coming back again. So for those guys like me planning to surprise your wife on a get away and make this happen for you and your family, Capella is the place to be.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ARTHUR1976

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely experience at Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am truly happy to read about how Lynette, our Personal Assistant and the rest of the team here were able to exceed your expectations and create that special and memorable experience for you and your family. Indeed, the award-winning Auriga spa and Cassia, our fine dining Chinese restaurant are one of the best places to romance your loved one with world-class treatments and authentic haute Cantonese cuisine. Thank you also for your kind recommendation. I hope you will be returning to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Capella. We have a 4 year old boy and he loved every minute of it. The staff was so attentive and really went out of their way to make our stay perfect. Every morning we had breakfast at the Knolls, before we got there our table was ready and staff went out of their way to make our breakfast perfect in every way! The food was excellent, the rooms were cleaned twice a day. The products in the room were luxurious, as were the beautiful robes. There were even small size slippers for my 4 year old incredible! He was thrilled. We were upgraded to a beautiful sea view room and stayed for 7 nights. We will be making the Capella our holiday destination again. The mini bus to vivo city was very convenient and handy. They have thought of everything and nothing was too much trouble. We arrived home on the 24th of January. My little boy John can't wait to come back and swim in the beautiful pool. The personal service was excellent and we were always referred by staff by our names. We enjoyed beautiful afternoon tea in the library with delicious snacks, the attention to detail was excellent. Thank you for making our stay wonderful. We will be returning soon.
Kind Regards,
Tania H

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, room 403, we had a sea view as well as a garden view. It was beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tania H
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We live in Singapore hence the desire was to feel like we've escaped the city even though we're staing in the island. The check-in was smooth as silk. There are personal attendants that cater to your specific needs and requests. We stayed at the hotel and not at the villas so we were ushered to a modern extension of the historic structure that served as the reception and main lobby. The industrial feel of the brick-colored metal beams surrounding the hotel didn't appeal to me. I felt that it took away from the lush greenery that the central garden gloriously provided. The room however was breath-taking. It opened up to an expansive view of the sea and everything - from music to temp control to lighting to blinds can be controlled centrally and customized to the atmosphere you want to create. When we walked in, beautiful music was playing as the blinds were drawn up to reveal the grand view. The bath looks out to a window that stretches to the ceiling, while there is a separate and spacious shower with an assortment of shower heads and streams (an indulgence, really, but no one's complaining.)

The king-sized bed faced the sea view and a day bed/lounge provided a nice reading area right by the huge window. There is a little balcony with a quaint set that you can also for reading. I personally thought the balcony was too small to matter and the feel of the room already gave you that outdoor feel even whilst cocooned in the comforts of the hotel, hence rendering the little balcony setting unnecessary. But it was appreciated as an option nonetheless.

Mediterranean restaurant had a good ambience but after having multiple meals there, you do start feeling like you have limited options. A Chinese restaurant is also on offer - which we were not too keen on visting at the beginning (since we were supposed to be 'escaping' Singapore) but which we ended up going to for our last meal just for variety. And were we surprised! It was EXCELLENT! The food was delicate but very flavourful and creatively presented. Service was discrete yet attentive. Loved it.

Lastly for relaxation, we appreciated the pools and walking on pathways through the gardens during the day and had a fantastic experience at the spa in evening.

Overall a fantastic stay at Capella for our 5th wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bizmum
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing Capella Singapore to spend your anniversary celebration. I am so happy to read about your wonderful experience here in the hotel with the room and the staff as well as the facilities and restaurants.

Our rooms are indeed designed to present the utmost exclusivity and comfort for all our guests, from the stunning vistas and the electronic touch panel by your bedside as well as all the small designs and facilities. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our Mediterranean restaurant, The Knolls and Cassia our Chinese restaurant and that you and your partner were able to experience the beauty of the award winning Auriga spa.

Thank you again for this lovely review. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited the Capella for one night to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday. We booked via an Internet site but received a telephone call from the hotel prior to the stay asking if we had any special requirements and if it was for a special occasion? I explained the purpose of our visit and was delighted when we checked in to discover we had been upgraded to a suite! Throughout our visit practically every member of of staff referred to us by name, with many of them stopping to wish my husband happy birthday. On top of that a birthday cake arrived later that afternoon with a personal "Happy Birthday" greeting on it - great touch!
The hotel is architecturally stunning and set in beautiful grounds with fabulous views over the South China Sea. Those who know Singapore will know that such views are often marred by the endless procession of freight tankers but somehow the hotel manages to avoid the very worst of these and to give the illusion of being nestled in the hills, overlooking anything but one of the world's busiest shipping lanes!
All in all, we had an outstanding stay and the hotel should very rightly be proud of it's staff training and customer-focused approach. We would return every weekend if we could and have done nothing but rave about our visit since returning the whole 6 miles back to our home. We shall return .......

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JaneGChicago
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Firstly, a very happy belated birthday to your husband! Thank you for choosing to share this memorable occasion with us at Capella Singapore.

I am delighted to learn about your wonderful experience here at the hotel, that our staff perfect your stay. Indeed Capella Singapore is a beautiful property surrounded by lush natural gardens with a view of the South China Sea, it is easy to forget you are in Singapore.

Thank you for your kind words of affirmation and testimony. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#41 of 317 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!