Capella Singapore
Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$187
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
$277
$180
$172
$246
  • Pool
W Singapore Sentosa Cove(Sentosa Island)
$278
$250
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$238
  • Pool
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$159
$133
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$181
$172
LeMeridien.com
1,603 results
All reviewsbob's barpersonal assistantgarden villaknolls restaurantauriga spachef davidconstellation roompremier sea viewchinese restaurantplunge poolpremier roommain buildingcolonial buildingoutdoor showerthe south china seabose sound systemhigh tech
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I’ve stayed in a few luxury hotels in Singapore but when I do, I try to make sure that the stay is truly value for money. And when I do review them, I make sure that my review is based on a few occasions and not just one stay. Reason being, only then I can be sure of the service consistency and product offerings.

The one hotel that has not disappointed me is The Capelle. The Capelle at Sentosa is one of the luxury hotels in Singapore and they definitely live up to its name. The experience starts when you make a reservation. Prior to your arrival, the hotel will check with you whether they could be of assistance to make your stay more enjoyable. While most luxury hotels do that, my experience tells me that this hotel really means it and ensures that whatever you have requested is delivered (as long as it’s humanely possible).

For this trip, my partner and I stayed in two different rooms – the premier sea view room and the sea view villa.

On the whole, the staff provides genuine service regardless of which category of room you are staying in. It is even more challenging for the staff to service the guests staying in the villas because the staff has to drive the buggy to the villa just to deliver the items. This happened to me when the service staff had to make a few trips from the main building to the villa just to deliver the items. They were so polite and ever so accommodating. I should have prepared a list of required items and got them to deliver all at once. My apology.

The premier sea view room is very spacious and it has a fantastic view of the sea. And the room has a balcony which allows you to enjoy the scenic view. But it was the villa that blew us away! The villa is super spacious. So much so that we even had friends over to enjoy a few drinks in the comfort of the living room. The villa has an outdoor bathtub and shower. The supply of Nespresso coffee and Gryphon tea is much appreciated and you know the hotel does not stinge on such little luxuries for its guests. Furthermore, the supply of complementary drinks in the villa’s minibar is well stocked. The pool in the villa is good for a soak and for young children to swim but too small for any decent size adult to swim.

We had a few meals at The Knolls and also the Chinese restaurant, Cassia. The selection and quality of the food is excellent. We are very much impressed by Cassia’s intimate setting and quality of food. The fine Chinese cuisine is very well presented and worthy of its high price tags. The Bob’s Bar is another of our favourite place in the hotel. It’s really relaxing to be able to enjoy a drink or two at the outdoor lounge and enjoying the sea view. The only objects that probably gave hint that we are still in this busy city is the massive number of container ships in the distance. Bob’s Bar continues to be one of our favourite haunts even when we are not house guests.

Even though the December stay in Capella was the second we had in a year, we still didn’t have a chance to use the gym. We did not get to use the spa as well.

Personally, the Capella continues to rank very highly in my review. Despite its minimalist design and decoration (and at times, it pales in comparison to some of the luxury hotels in the main island), Capella is one luxury property which exudes discreet elegance and charm without having to be ostentatious. But the service quality definitely lives up to the luxury benchmark. This is what I love about the Capella.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank QCInspector
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Ever want to get away from Singapore but too tired and allergic to another plane ride? Hop in a car and drive across a causeway to Sentosa. Soon you will forget yourself in the verdant leafy surrounding of Capella. We have been here on Staycation, business conference, and executive retreat. The feel each was the same- very relaxing, friendly atmosphere without the hassles of a ferry to Bintan and certainly no airplane is needed. The rooms each of three occasions have beautiful sea view with electric drapery unfolding with the press of a button. Themed lighting adds to the mood of your choice and a wonderful sound system to help you get into and luxuriate in the mood. The resident tea lounge is upstairs with free soft drinks at least when we were there: great for an after lunch unwinding or post workshop debrief.
The conference rooms are the hotel's weakest feature. The facilities are down below 2 flights if stairs giving me the feeling we are moving underground when we are actually just descending to below street level. Once you are in the ballroom you might as well be in the Suntec Convention center because it is windowless. A lot of conference participants chose to get some fresh air in the large patio area outside and enjoy a bit of sun and the lush greenery.
Cassia, the upscale Chinese restaurant at street level is under sung. The dishes are superbly executed and service impeccable as far as Chiese restaurants go. Throughout the entire resort and eateries, the decor is understated and elegant which help the guest relax.
All in, a definite super deluxe hotel and resort for stay cation, a couples retreat or just an intimate business meeting. Go elsewhere for conference.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank sunnyboy9
Reviewed February 25, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had one night at the Capella with our two daughters and all thought it was fantastic. Excellent pre check in service with telephone calls assisting with spa bookings, dinner reservations, early check ins. They arranged one room to be ready early so we could get there around 11am and my husband and I visited the spa which was bliss before an excellent lunch at their mediteranean restaurant. The bedrooms are stunning - we had premier seaview rooms - beautifully furnished, amazing full height windows with great views and lovely balcony and bathrooms. Spent the afternoon lazing by the pool and playing tennis - my only recommendation is that they upgrade the tennis rackets they provide. Lovely drinks before dinner in Bobs bar - very trendy and cool furniture, live band in background. Amazing dinner at Chinese restaurant, Cassia - excellent waitress who really knew the menu and could assist with our order. Went back to Mediteranean for coffee/pud as thats what the kids felt like. Breakfast excellent the next day and we were sad to leave in the end. Beautiful contemporary architecture around an old colonial building, great views, lovely service - expensive but well worth it. Was a bit miffed we had to pay the valet park as thought that would have been included and hadn't been told I think on arrival - they just whisked car and luggage away. Think they should just charge visitors not residents. Will definitely go back and it's probably now my top hotel in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you want to get away from the city pace, smog , traffic , noise , concrete - Then this is the place . Set amongst lush greenery with all yr modern amenities , Capella is a great stay . Great rooms , great pool , great lush greenery every where you turn .

Leave yr city expectations at the door as well when it comes to service . The staff are there , but perhaps not as quick footed as their counterparts in town . If you want to leave sentosa via a cab , be prepared for a wait as well . Then again , what's the hurry? You're here to enjoy this place for a reason , so, take a chill pill and relax ....

• Stayed: June 2011