“So sad and so expensive...”
Review of Shutters

Shutters
Description: Shutters is a chic all-day dining restaurant. The restaurant offers a romantic outdoor terrace area with a breathtaking view of the Amara skylight feature and an open-concept kitchen where diners can watch the chefs work their magic.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Please note that even though I use trip advisor all the time this is the first review I have ever written because I feel so strongly about my stay at the hotel. I actually live in Singapore and have been to many hotels both in Singapore and throughout South East Asia. I could make a list of how poorly the hotel is maintained but I don't want to bore you. All I know is that I stayed 2 nights, spent S$1300+ and regretted it every night wishing I would have take that much or even half of that and stayed at almost any other hotel on the island as I have stayed in two others before at the fraction of the price which were far more worth what I paid here. Plain and simple... Just not worth the money you will spend. I wish I had read the other reviews before I booked. I am only giving the two rating because service was "ok" and overall setting was nice but again... Not maintained. The reason I say so sad is because this hotel has the potential to be amazing but until management changes there will simply be more and more comments like mine.

1  Thank Clint G
Amara_Mgmt, Shutter Team at Shutters, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2016

Dear Clint G

Thank you very much for your review. Every feedback is an opportunity to improve ourselves and we are immensely grateful for the opportunity to do so. We take onboard all your comments and have since directed our respective Department Heads to look into the matter. We acknowledge that we can do better and look forward to welcoming you to Amara Sanctuary and Shutters again soon.

Shutter Team

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Average selection, not enough choice for breakfast.
there is hardly any European preferences for a nice breakfast.

Amara_Mgmt, Shutters Team at Shutters, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2016

Dear Nebcioglu

We have taken onboard all your comments and have since introduced a wide array of selections to our breakfast service. We acknowledge that we can do better and look forward to welcoming you to Shutters again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The service staff at Shutters were excellent and efficient. Attentive while not being intrusive. Breakfast selection was decent but not overly extensive. Given that the hotel is small it was sufficient.

Dear Iceshadow

Thank you for your lovely note!

It was truly a delight to receive compliments praising our service, particularly for our colleagues. We will ensure they are recognized for their efforts. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and are grateful for your support.

Please come back soon; we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. We had booked the deluxe room but then it got upgraded to a terrace suite! Totally love our suite! Prefect living room to have a party. Bed was comfy. The tub was huge and loved soaking in it. It had a nice balcony too. Overall it was good except I didn't like the check-in time at 3pm and check-out at 12pm. That was ridiculous.

Thank Agnes Tania Rit... F

Dear Agnes Tania Rit... F

Thank you for your lovely note!

Please come back soon; we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Recently just had a stay at Amara Sanctuary, we had a dinner at Shutters. The food not bad, nice environment to dine. I love the Steak and Fries there, nice nice!