“Tired and grotty”
Review of Shutters

Shutters
Description: Shutters is a chic all-day dining restaurant. The restaurant offers a romantic outdoor terrace area with a breathtaking view of the Amara skylight feature and an open-concept kitchen where diners can watch the chefs work their magic.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were very disappointed from the moment we pulled up at the front door . No one came to help us out of the taxi with our bags then when we got to reception my husband was already commenting how old and grotty the place looked ... We tried to get a credit on out accommodation because my husband did not want to stay ... They were Unable to do that .. No surprise on that one but thought we would try ... No wifi in room and u have to go down to reception or in the resturant area if you wanted wifi .. Really poor seating in reception ... I rang down to concierge to find me a phone number as I did not have wfii in my room and they said they would ring me back ... That did not happen ... Now to the rooms ... We started calling it the dungeon .. Halls were full of housekeeping vacuums big trolleys full of dirty linen and towels .. Lightning was very dark in the halls , carpet needs replacing throughout .. Bathrooms had mould in and the fans in the bathroom runs all the time and is noisy .. beds were typical for Asian countries ...hard as' but we can live with that ... Had to ask for another quilt as it had no more fiber in.. I could see through it and I for sure would get cold at night .. All in all I think it's was probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and it really needs some major attention through out Definitely find another to stay in when on sentosa island .. It was A bad way to end a lovely holiday off a cruise ship

1  Thank karen t

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Kids loved the Buffet breakfast, there was plenty of choice for adults too.

Couldn't find anything other than takeaway in the nearby area when we were tired so we ate dinner here one night and it had sufficient range for our whole family. Price was reasonable, considering that it's at a resort.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

They substitute newer vintages than indicated in the wine list and do not disclose this.

We ordered several bottles of wine, and when they brought them out - the labels did not match the menu. The staff seemed very confused when I confronted them on this.

The dinner food was quite okay. The staff would like to serve, but don't seem to have good management and training to do so adequately.

This is an "okay" place, please insist on getting what you pay for, and provide constructive feedback to staff.

1  Thank taotei
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I added on the buffet breakfast to the price of the room and it was a good choice as there were many varieties and saves the trouble of finding food or ordering from the expensive in room dining menu.

There are many drink choices, coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit juices, soya bean, etc..
Food wise, from cereals, bread, donuts, cheese, to chinese dim sum, salads with smoke salmon or even heavier local delights like nasi lemak or noodles. there's also western breakfast like sausages and bacon.

Dinner wise,
they had a promotion for 3 course or 4 course dinner.. at $38 or $48.. and it was good portion and good taste.
However I called and reserved this way in advance specially for a surprise birthday dinner and they were supposed to prepare this slice of complimentary signature "carrot" cake(not the fried one) and writes some words for the birthday girl.

But what happened was that they forgot and instead of the 23 March, they thought it was for 26 March. I had to break the surprise, ask them on the spot and even showed them the email confirmation of it. The wordings on the plate was also wrong.. from Baby to "Bayyee" even though I confirmed over the phone.

They did the very least they could, which was to prepare the arrangement in 5 mins. Even though the surprise was killed but well, thankfully it was a complimentary slice. At first they proposed 500gms or 1kg for 2 person..

Overall, I recommend the breakfast and the dinner.. though the price isn't exactly cheap but well, you can't expect hawker prices for holidays right?

What you can expect
-Quiet
-Romantic
-Fireworks from the Song of the Sea at Evening time 7.30-8pm on Saturday

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great little quiet resort for that romantic get away or soul searching retreat for some me time. The resort is located on sentosa island but far away from the busy tanjong beach and siloso crowds. Thus the tranquility isn't just a feature on the nice resort brochure.