“stayed 2 months”

Ranked #37 of 212 Hotels in Cebu Island
Dumaguete City
“stayed 2 months”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

i have stayed at the lodge many times now over the yrs,1st time for 2 months in all the times ive stayed there never a prob,rooms cleaned daily left money layin about not any time was any of my gear touched,left large sums of $$$ in the safe down stairs again no prob,great food some of the local whits fellas r drunks but u get that at home (australia) most r harmless,close to sm & ayala malls,not far from midtown as well,staff quick 2 serve at ur beckon call,yea they do have some expansion in buildind stage 2,construction workers wouldnt start work tiil 9am work till 6pm,dick an his family ok.infact i was invited 2 his new place up north for free..every time i stay there now i get 15% discount on my room...only thing i did complain about the beds were sagging as they needed to be relaced (inerspring style) which they have been now..trust me there r a lot worse places in cebu...Dave Potts...

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank BinDumagueteCity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Priest River, Idaho
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed 4 nights on 2 different occasions. A great hotel as far as I am concerned. The "hotels" that are listed for American travelers and nothing but thieves. One advertised P1800 but once there they wanted $100. The Kiwi gives what they advertise and are great people. I will definitely stay there again. Hopefully soon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zhotrum
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We had booked this hotel for a 10 night stay over the internet. I recieved a confirmation email, but when we showed up they had no record of our booking on their computer. Anyway, I was taken to the top floor of a construction zone and shown a room that left me feeling quite shocked. It was clean enough but very outdated and there were no handrails up the steps and exposed reinforcing rods sticking out dangerously all over the place. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they even called me a taxi and tried to book us into other hotels over the phone. I guess you buy cheap, you get cheap.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jetlagtours
Laguna
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I tried to do reservation thru phone with Kiwi, I told them we're staying for almost a week, approx 10 pax, then, the receptionest didn't bother to ask my name, instead she asked what was my nationality and when I said I am a Filipino, they suddenly told me that they are fully booked!!!

Disgusting!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Beibe_JO
kiwilodge, Owner at Kiwilodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Dear Madam
We have just been made aware of your comments on trip advisor
Just a quick note to say that we have thousands of filipinos staying at Kiwilodge and have never had a problem like this before.
We have had a problems with being overbooked at times and we have recently built additions which we hope to have open before next year.
My apologies if you were offended but please realise that we are constantly receiving bookings and cancellations al the time and availability changes all the time
many thanks
Dick Dunlop
Asia, Asia
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The Kiwi Lodge is ok, but rooms need a major clean and refit. 1st night was in standard room, then 2nd night was in delux room. Not sure how they came to this as the standard room was much better.

Ok if you need to be in Cebu for a couple of nights, but wouldn't stay there much longer.

Bar is nice, very unpretentious and the local expats were really helpful and friendly, which is a nice surprise. Worth it for their advice alone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
honolulu
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I was here a full week and the super deluxe room or something - the "best" room.. room was clean, serviced daily, no problems...yea I would like a safe in the room...I had a travel lock pack from pacsafe I used to lock my laptop and money and stuff...I avoid hotel safety deposit boxes at EVERY hotel...if you do use them put your cash and stuff in a SEALED envelope.

They were doing renovations it looks like on my top third floor where I stayed...half the rooms were gutted but no constructions...less people to make noise on my floor!

It is off the main road a little so not noisy either...staff will run out to main road and get a taxi for you day or night.

Restaurant was good...did my breakfast there with my laptop on wifi...I did get the wifi to work also in my room but low signal.

I would stay there again

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank beautiful-looser
Philippines
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I stay here only one night, and never ever again ! This place is disgusting and the staff is "getting" your money. Yes really ! Never leave your money in the Safe deposit box in their office, it's not safe at all. Always keep an eye on your wallet and your money. Always check your bill in the restaurant and count your drinks. If you had 4 drinks, they might claim you had 6. After what happen to me, I have heard about other people who had the same experience. Just stay far away from this place !

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends