“Nice little family run economy hotel”
Review of Kiwilodge Hotel

Kiwilodge Hotel
Ranked #44 of 220 Hotels in Cebu Island
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We really like this place. First stayed there in 2000 and they treated us like family. Stayed there again this year and it was a bit of a construction site but still a great atmosphere. It is located walking distance to the two major shopping malls and all the taxi drivers know the place. We met some interesting expats with excellent knowledge of Cebu and made friends who we will visit on our next trip. The staff were really good and the food is quality kiwi/aussie style. Most of the guests were aussies, kiwis and english guys with filipina partners some with kids. My wife, myself and our teenage kids were all made very welcome by the owners, staff and the expat crew that hangs out there.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank kanodong
There are newer reviews for Kiwilodge Hotel

Reviewed April 28, 2009

I have stayed in Cebu before at the Metro Park Hotel in LaHug always clean and welcoming but decided to try the Kiwi Lodge this time as it is close to family in Mobolo, what a mistake, i arrived tired from KL straight from the airport to Kiwi Lodge, as soon as i arrived there was construction workers making so much noise, i thought ok no problems, then i walked in to the 'Foyer' actually a run down bar, expats and prostitutes drinking, once again i thought no problems, i would not be drinking there anyway, then i walked upstairs to my room, it was not fit for a sewer rat to reside in, paint peeling, mattress looked as though every hooker in Cebu had used it, i walked straight down the stairs, lost my deposit and went to the Metro Park Hotel and enjoyed my stay there. I recommend that you do not stay at the Kiwi Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank regi64
Reviewed April 17, 2009

From the standpoint of value, Kiwilodge is on par with being one of the best values in Cebu. Rates are equal or lower to similar priced hotels such as The Diplomat Hotel & Castle Peak Hotel. I think the location is great, very close to Ayala mall, fairly quick to get to many places of interest. Nothing much in walking distance so prepare for a short cab ride to get you to locations. Another great thing for me was the free wireless Internet in all the rooms. Unlike many other hotels in Cebu of the same price range wich either do not have it in room or charge an insane fee for access (80pesos / hour at diplomat).

The one major issue I have with the place is that the Bar and Cafe downstairs is just plain crazy over-priced. The average meal is about 3X what it would be in the other hotels and restaurants in Cebu. Dropping 280 pesos for a hot dog for example is just bizzare. Same dog in Diplomat is 90 pesos. So watch your bar tab or like me your bar tab will cost 3X the price of the room and is of only mediocre quality. Mostly fried/ brit expat fish and chips and such.

The atmosphere in the cafe is great though. Better than any but all of the more expensive hotels & resports in Cebu.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Shadowtill
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed in a Deluxe room for one night (P1100; £16). It was exactly what we expected and whilst nothing special, was the cheapest room we stayed in over 3 weeks in the Philippines. There was plenty of hot water and a good size shower. The bed was very big and the whole place was very clean. Overall, this is a good, basic accommodation and very good value.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fieldsendchris
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I'm a filipino who married to a European guy. My husband and I were coming to Cebu for a short visit and I tried to booked a stay in kiwi lodge since I have read a good reviews about it and was recommended by a friend who is their regular guest but I did not realize that filipinos are not welcome! I booked online stating on the form that my nationality is a filipino, I got a reply from "MERLYN" saying SORRY but we are fully booked this coming .......! but when my husband booked since he got a reply in a split second with a confirmation. I'm so disgusted and sad that my fellow people treat me this way :-( and for the record they should put in their website a big sign saying "locals not welcome"

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Phanu2
Reviewed March 22, 2009

enjoyed my stay amongst the expat old farts, they do seem to keep to themselves, but what the heck!! room nice and tidy but boy I would really like to take them flags down in the bar and give them all a good clean and why your at it, a bit of a dust around the bar might help too. apart from the dusty expats and bar, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank chas13
Reviewed December 28, 2008

I must admit i had that trepadation, strange country,hotel,language and of course the peso! hey!! you get to kiwi lodge and are wellcomed very warmely, regisister after your first beer while your luggage makes it way to your room. A good mix of English.Austrailians, european and of course kiwi;s. great food ,service at all times and safe. if you happen to have a problem ,it will be resolved instantly. Yours a satisfeid customer ,who left knowing more friends than before i went there.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BANDIT28England