I am also an American and have stayed at Kiwi four times over the past year (last week being the most recent). As stated by other reviewers, the rooms are adequate, with 210 in particular being excellent.
Thee are two aspects of Kiwi Lodge that separate it from just about everywhere else in Cebu.
1) The staff. Anyone familiar with the Philippines knows good service is difficult to find. The staff at Kiwi are extraordinary in this regard. I can barely leave my room with a tray to bring downstairs without staff sprinting up the stays to take it from me. Want coffee at 3am? No problem. Need something delivered to you in Cebu? They'll accept the delivery and store it for you. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the staff.
2) The food is excellent. I live on a small island in the Southern Philippines where the food is really basic. Kiwi is my chance to reacquaint with western cuisine during my visits off island. I've tried every dish on the menu and they've all been excellent.
Lastly, while it doesn't reach every room, Internet access is blazing fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very central location in Cebu City, rooms have air con, en-suite bathroom, HD Cable TV and full 24 hr security with plenty of parking, very close to the two main malls and the Piers. Bar-Restaurant opens at 7am with free wifi and serves great breakfast along with many European Favourites like Fish and Chips, Beef Stews, Roast Dinners, etc. Always cold beer on hand. All the taxi drivers know us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Kiwilodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwi Hotel Cebu City