“Inefficient Reservation Officer”

Ranked #68 of 217 Hotels in Cebu Island
Philippines
“Inefficient Reservation Officer”
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I reserved a Standard room for one night over the phone. The reservation officer listed down all my details. My mobile number, type of room, breakfast details, and check in/out time. I highlighted that our check in time will be late because we will be coming from Malapascua Island.
When we arrived there around 4pm, the reservation asked my name and look it up on the list. To my surprise, the front desk told me that I don't have a reservation. She keep asking my name. There are four ladies in the front desk and can't tell what happend to our reservation. I was really tired then and starting to get irate. Instead of getting us a room, they told me to wait for a call to confirm my reservation. I waited for the call but no to avail. Obviously, the very inefficient reservation officer listed my booking details in the air. After 5 minutes or so, the front desk told me that they no longer have standard room, even superior with double bed. It was really a waste of time and effort to go there and yet to received such welcome. Net, we leave the hotel and proceed to Sarossa which is just few meters away from that unfriendly hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joanjean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Tielt-Winge Vlaams Brabant
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My girlfriend was booked this hotel. Our room and bathroom was small. There was no sunlight in the room. The staff was nice and friendly. The brekfast was good but ..... allmost the same every day, no meat or cheese or jam .....

• Liked — The location and the price
  • Disliked — the room and the brekfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Cebu Island hotels

quezon city
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Their shampoo & conditioner makes your hair stiff and the soap makes your skin feel so dry, its like you went to the beach and has salt water all over your body. Also, their toothpaste tastes yucky and the toothbrush is so hard, it made my gum hurt.

Food downstairs isn't the most impressive but I did like their chorizo. There's a breakfast buffet and they serve lunch and dinner but it takes 15-20 mins for the preparation, so order early.

Other than that, its an average hotel. Nothing gross about it and its clean.

I'll probably recommend this hotel for those people who are on a budget.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2008

An excellent choice for a reasonable rate. Close to Ayalla mall and Banailad area. Friendly help. Resturant is only draw back, not so good...but I hardley ever eat at the hotel no matter where I stay.

• Liked — affordable cost good return
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank bk555
Manchester UK
Reviewed May 14, 2008

My wife and I chose this hotel using the rough guide recommendation which gave it a decent write up,they obviously did not stay in the room that we did. For a kick off there was no window in the room - well, there was but this only opened 2" onto a maintenance shaft ! There was no natural light coming into the room. Add to this the dodgy bed with its smelly top sheet and stained linen, not to mention the bathroom that was as big as a telephone box and this does not make for a comfortable stay! Fortunately we were only staying for the one night as we were passing through.
The staff, however, were very nice and helpful. The beer was cold and the food we did have was worth a try.
Would I recommend this place ? Not from our experience but if you get a room with a window and you are on a budget, maybe as it is affordable, also near to the mall so that is handy.

• Liked — Cant think of anything
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank beluce
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I turned up at the hotel at around 3am in the morning to find bright happy cheery faced member of staff who looked after me well and efficiently. The facility was not a modern five star hotel, but what it lacked in luxury was certainly made up in character.

I stayed in an executive room on the penultimate floor of which I thought was excellent value for 1,888PHP per night. The room was large and clean, the staff were trustworthy and delivered laundry when they said they would, I was impressed. If you know the Philippines something arriving on time is a real plus.

The hotel describe themselves as a quality economy hotel, that it may be, but everything you might find in a higher star hotel you will find here, with character. The big question is, would I go there again, would I recommend it to others, the answer, I certainly would. I only wish I knew some of the staff members names so I could send a letter of recommendation to management.

• Liked — Great views
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank scientist63
Justine Faith B, Marketing Officer at Castle Peak Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2016
Greetings from Castle Peak Hotel! Thank you for your great reviews about us. We look forward in seeing you again soon. God bless.
singapore
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Two friends of mine recommended this hotel to me for a few nights stay in Cebu. They said it's quite new, it has good location, with good service, etc.

Good location? yes, it is. It's very accessible, near malls, etc.
NEW? uhm, i dont think so. It looks quite old to me. The bedroom was big and spacious and so was the bathroom. The only thing about the bedroom that really bothered me so much were their bedsheets!! I didnt understand why the bedsheets were so sticky. We informed housekeeping the following day and they were nice to say they would change it soon after. But still, on the 2nd night it was the same thing. Had sleepless nights because of this. I hope they do something about it. It would also be good for them if they update the interiors to make more guests come back. Little things such as broken bathtub drainage, broken closet doors, etc. are petty things that still matter.

Good service? yes it was good because they would gladly accomodate a guest right away. But i did not like it when I was informed during registration that my room rate included breakfast and then when it was time to pay (upon checking out), they would still charge me for breakfast meals. If I knew this, I would have gone somewhere else, somewhere I could have gotten better tasting food for my brekkie. That was really upsetting.

I heard there's another hotel (parklane hotel) that serves much better, nearer Ayala mall. and it's newer. have a nice stay in cebu!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business