“Friendly staff”

Ranked #68 of 213 Hotels in Cebu Island
Cebu City, Philippines
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

When I visited this hotel. Front desk staff are friendly and approachable.. With a big smile pa...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Oslo
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This place could have future potential. The employees are very nice, no mess about if you bring in food from outside and (at least for executive) quite big and nice rooms. I was very happy for the in room safe, it was very good. For the price it is quite ok cleaning standard. The personell who got tip also seemed surpriced and happy, not counting on it. That makes it much more fun to tip for me at least! Pool is on its way, although 6 months late I think.

However - to be a truly good hotel it is some things that need to be fixed:

Construction is going on. I did not get much rest here. Trying to limit the disturbance for the customers is good, pinning the worst noicy rooms on the poor people who are too kind (or in my case, too tired from my trip) to complain is not quite as nice.

From my own experience I could not get answer at all through their web page and the one answer I got by mail took 2 weeks I think. My advice - book through Agoda, and call castle peaks instead if you need to talk to them.

Web page - it is a very, very nice hotell on the webpage, only problem is that I did not recognice it. For me it looked like a brand new, spakling hotel - Castle peaks is a good budget choice, but not a contender to the Shangri la. If people expect the pictures from the webpage they might be quite disapointed.

When the constuction nice is gone, and they have their little "dipping pool" I expect this to be a very interesting hotel!Also think that making the web page look less good might actually be good for buisness and the reputation of Castle peaks.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!!! :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
manila
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I travel to Cebu every month and stay for an average of three nights per trip. I also like to stay in different hotels and compare hotels that offer the best value for travellers.

Here are my thoughts on Castle Peak:

Lobby was small but front desk people were accommodating and friendly.

Hallway going to my room had a distinctive odour which I can only describe as an old smell. There was an empty cart and some other stuff also in the hallway which were sitting there and becomes an obstruction and an eyesore. That empty cart and other stuff did not move for the two nights I was there.

My room was around 10 to 12 square meters. It was cozy enough but could use a rearrangement of the furniture particularly for the TV and the table for it was partially blocking the closet. To expound, if you want to put your stuff inside the closet you have to do it sideways.

Toilet and bath was OK but the shower was a bit low for me and it did not have hot water. Apparently the hot water in my shower was broken according to the front desk.

I was also greatly disappointed with housekeeping. I went out at 6am and came back at 12nn. At 1pm before going out again I personally told the front desk to send some one to clean my room. She acknowledged my request by smiling and asking for my room number. When I arrived at 8:30pm my room was as it was when I left it. I did not bother to call housekeeping or the front desk for I was tired and wanted to rest.

Sleep quality was ok for the bed was firm and so were the pillows. Noise from the hallway was greatly reduced for my room was at the end/corner of the hallway.

The daily buffet breakfast was great. You get to choose four main dishes unlike with other hotels where in they let you choose from three.

Overall you get what you pay for and I think that if I had hot water in the shower and my room was made up by the time I get home I would give it another shot.

Room Tip: Get corner rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank maku0207

Travelers are raving about these Cebu Island hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a hotel for those who are conscious with their budget but still expect great customer service. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly, helpful and courteous. It was something I'd expect from an expensive hotel.

I specifically chose this hotel because it was the closest one to my client. It's not that far from the airport and quite near the Ayala area. A lot of taxis pass by the area so you won't have a problem with transportation.

Rooms were what you'd expect with the price you paid but it was always cleaned by housekeeping. One thing I noticed though is that the walls are quite thin that I could hear the vacuum cleaners on the hallways sometimes.

Overall, my stay was great and I'd definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Philippines
Reviewed January 9, 2012

If you are budget-conscious but still want to stay in a hotel, this is probably the best option for you in Cebu.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have stayed 4 times every time for a month or more it is my home in Cebu good security staff safes in all rooms electronic doors.
The staff are very helpful friendly staff never looking for tips like in other hotels.
It is located in a great position close to Ayala not to far from the airport is has comfortable clean rooms good size beds fridges cable TV hot and cold showers in a great position ask for a front room nice views.
I was last there in November and the new extention was not finished just booked for one month in Febuary in the new section can,t wait to see how it turns out owner told me they are trying to keep rates the same as the original if possible.Rooms are made up each day with clean towels and bedding car parking is available in the lockup basement.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have good views if a couple order a room with one big bed it give you more room o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank john m
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I very often travel to Cebu and stay at different hotels every time. I like to be able to compare, until I find one that I really like.
I decided to stay in 2 different hotels this trip: first at San Remigio Pensionne Suites, then here at Castle Peak Hotel.
I was VERY happy and pleasantly surprised with San Remigio Pensionne Suites, because of the quality of the room and everything.
I was expecting Castle Peak Hotel to be better, but alas, it was much less than I expected, given it had so many good reviews.
Comparing the 2, San Remigio had more than twice the size of the room, much better quality and much newer beddings, comforter, big closet space, a dresser, huge LCD TV, a baclony, huge windows and majestic morning sunlight that would wake you up pleasantly. Castle peak had none of those. It only had a room, cheap beddings, old pillows, a small a small excuse for a window, an old CRT TV, and obviously old small bathrooms - an encased in a cramped small space for a room - which is actually typical of a BUDGET hotel. So I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that after comparing my stay at the 2 budget hotels this trip, my exoectation for the quality of what a budget hotel can offer has increased vastly! And I don't recommend this one.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel? Unless you like it really average.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo