“old”

Ranked #75 of 218 Hotels in Cebu Island
manila
“old”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I travel to Cebu every month and stay for an average of three nights per trip. I also like to stay in different hotels and compare hotels that offer the best value for travellers.

Here are my thoughts on Castle Peak:

Lobby was small but front desk people were accommodating and friendly.

Hallway going to my room had a distinctive odour which I can only describe as an old smell. There was an empty cart and some other stuff also in the hallway which were sitting there and becomes an obstruction and an eyesore. That empty cart and other stuff did not move for the two nights I was there.

My room was around 10 to 12 square meters. It was cozy enough but could use a rearrangement of the furniture particularly for the TV and the table for it was partially blocking the closet. To expound, if you want to put your stuff inside the closet you have to do it sideways.

Toilet and bath was OK but the shower was a bit low for me and it did not have hot water. Apparently the hot water in my shower was broken according to the front desk.

I was also greatly disappointed with housekeeping. I went out at 6am and came back at 12nn. At 1pm before going out again I personally told the front desk to send some one to clean my room. She acknowledged my request by smiling and asking for my room number. When I arrived at 8:30pm my room was as it was when I left it. I did not bother to call housekeeping or the front desk for I was tired and wanted to rest.

Sleep quality was ok for the bed was firm and so were the pillows. Noise from the hallway was greatly reduced for my room was at the end/corner of the hallway.

The daily buffet breakfast was great. You get to choose four main dishes unlike with other hotels where in they let you choose from three.

Overall you get what you pay for and I think that if I had hot water in the shower and my room was made up by the time I get home I would give it another shot.

Room Tip: Get corner rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank maku0207

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a hotel for those who are conscious with their budget but still expect great customer service. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly, helpful and courteous. It was something I'd expect from an expensive hotel.

I specifically chose this hotel because it was the closest one to my client. It's not that far from the airport and quite near the Ayala area. A lot of taxis pass by the area so you won't have a problem with transportation.

Rooms were what you'd expect with the price you paid but it was always cleaned by housekeeping. One thing I noticed though is that the walls are quite thin that I could hear the vacuum cleaners on the hallways sometimes.

Overall, my stay was great and I'd definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Philippines
Reviewed January 9, 2012

If you are budget-conscious but still want to stay in a hotel, this is probably the best option for you in Cebu.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have stayed 4 times every time for a month or more it is my home in Cebu good security staff safes in all rooms electronic doors.
The staff are very helpful friendly staff never looking for tips like in other hotels.
It is located in a great position close to Ayala not to far from the airport is has comfortable clean rooms good size beds fridges cable TV hot and cold showers in a great position ask for a front room nice views.
I was last there in November and the new extention was not finished just booked for one month in Febuary in the new section can,t wait to see how it turns out owner told me they are trying to keep rates the same as the original if possible.Rooms are made up each day with clean towels and bedding car parking is available in the lockup basement.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have good views if a couple order a room with one big bed it give you more room o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank john m
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I very often travel to Cebu and stay at different hotels every time. I like to be able to compare, until I find one that I really like.
I decided to stay in 2 different hotels this trip: first at San Remigio Pensionne Suites, then here at Castle Peak Hotel.
I was VERY happy and pleasantly surprised with San Remigio Pensionne Suites, because of the quality of the room and everything.
I was expecting Castle Peak Hotel to be better, but alas, it was much less than I expected, given it had so many good reviews.
Comparing the 2, San Remigio had more than twice the size of the room, much better quality and much newer beddings, comforter, big closet space, a dresser, huge LCD TV, a baclony, huge windows and majestic morning sunlight that would wake you up pleasantly. Castle peak had none of those. It only had a room, cheap beddings, old pillows, a small a small excuse for a window, an old CRT TV, and obviously old small bathrooms - an encased in a cramped small space for a room - which is actually typical of a BUDGET hotel. So I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that after comparing my stay at the 2 budget hotels this trip, my exoectation for the quality of what a budget hotel can offer has increased vastly! And I don't recommend this one.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel? Unless you like it really average.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank elcarbonell
Dauin, Philippines
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Probably one of the best place to stay where one could get their money's worth! The location is accessible to most places of interest in the city, the food is good in the restaurant and the service is great. Has well appointed rooms that are spacious and clean. Staff are accomodating and there is an in-house massage service for the weary travellers! The price is reasonable for such a place to stay in the queen city of the south.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MuymuyPaka
Iligan, Philippines
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I had the chance to stay here last August 2011 for my Cebu weekend trip, (thanks to groupon I had a discount deal :), the place is a bit old but its clean. The staff are also nice and with great customer service. From my reservation till I check out, i had no problems and they're quick. The rooms are clean, towels looks clean, they also have safety boxes in the room, cable tv and a fridge. It is also near to ayala and sm and taxi is accessible outside the hotel. Another thing I love about the place, is that no public jeepneys outside, so it's not noisy and you can really have good night sleep!..

I would will probably stay here again, Nice place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo