“Going down hill”

Cuisines: Mexican
Darwin, Australia
“Going down hill”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I've spent a lot of time in this place , yes the food is good but the menu hasn't changed for years and really needs overhauling , the beer is cold and the girls are warm which is great but turns over a lot of staff so there's usually one or two inexperienced girls there , but hey half the fun is educating them. I think Neal needs to get out of the business , been there to long , becoming a grumpy old man and certainly not doing the place any favours, very few locals patronise the joint for this very reason.

1 Thank Mullomatic

Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“quality”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have to agree with Al B. But I would not call the Banana Moon a dive. I have been there several times. The quality of the food is excellent. The portions are large. The cost is reasonable. A good value.

• Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Food in Cebu”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hard to believe, its a dive, but there is no better "Tex Mex" or really better food than this place makes. When I go to Cebu I stay on Mactan island just so I can eat there. I have tried many other places and there just isn't anything better.

Its run by an American who has been here a long time, and has put gobs of time into developing food that could stand on it's own anywhere in the world. FACT not FICTION, you go to Cebu you make sure you search this place out and enjoy. The Margaritas are fabulous, and as I said about Skips Beach Resort the calamansi really makes the difference in this island version of a Margarita or a J & C.

They also serve Philippino food as well, and it's good, much better than the other Philippino restaurants, that's what my Philippino GF says. We go there all the time like many of the locals.

Neal, the owner also has hotel rooms and motorbikes for rent, so you can do the whole thing in a one stop shop fashion if you like. The one time I stayed there I was nosey and looked at the kitchen at the end of the day I was invited in, and I was impressed with the cleanliness, organization, and the skill of the cooking. I have seen other kitchens on this island and well, all I can say is "no comment".

Directions ~ Ask the taxi to go towards Mactan Doctor's Hospital, and then it's about 150M further down the road on the right side, easy to miss, but worth finding.

• Visited May 2013