“Great hotel in Cebu”
Review of Wellcome Hotel

Wellcome Hotel
Ranked #63 of 221 Hotels in Cebu Island
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 12 days at the Wellcome Hotel. The staff were excellent, the breakfast was very good, and was changed most days. The pool was a bit small, but was a welcome cooling dip as Cebu can be quite hot. There is public transport nearby, and some quite good eating places. We would be very happy to stay there again. The room was excellent with a comfortable bed and we were given a balcony room.

Room Tip: Look for a balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steam_driven_aussie
wellcomestaff, General Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thanks and Best Regards, Sir, from the Management and Staff of the Wellcome Cebu...All the Best!

There are newer reviews for Wellcome Hotel

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed at the Wellcome Hotel for 12 days in August. The service was excellent, from the reception desk staff to the cleaners. I would be more than happy to stay there again. It is fairly close to major shopping malls, although it is a distance from beaches.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoffrey H
wellcomestaff, Front Office Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Sir Geoffrey, we really enjoyed having you with us. We are so glad you had a great time, not only with the hotel and the staff, but also with your journey around Cebu. Simply, our best regards...

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Booked a deluxe room through Agoda and stayed 10 nights in August with my wife and son (age 10). It proved a good base in Cebu, was great value and generally had good service. Maids sometimes folded the new towels into origami-like animals to the delight of my son and his companion Woody! A nice touch! Breakfast buffet was included for mum and dad, just 100 pesos a day for my son. Room service was good despite not having some items on the menu on a few occasions. Pool is small and only 3 feet deep but we only shared it once or twice during our stay and it was relaxing and refreshing. As first time snorkelers we also used it to practise before hitting the beach! Front desk staff very friendly and efficient but need to be more proactive in providing information. A tiny photocopied map of the hotel vicinity is provided but it is inadequate. I got a good street map of Cebu and Mactan Island from National Bookstore, Ayala Mall, for 99p. The mall (2 money exchanges, countless places to eat, tour-day trip agents) is a 10 minute walk but the streets are not much fun to negotiate with kids and not recommended at night. Use the free shuttle - it has no timetable and leaves whenever you want - just ask the front desk. To return just call the hotel and it meets you at the pick up point. The only phone I found in the mall was at a linen stall just outside Marks and Spencer's store. Just pay the vendor 5 pesos. Shuttle to the airport on Mactan 600p. Regular taxi to resorts on Mactan for the day -275-300p using the meter..it is cheaper that way.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel. Easier access to the pool. If radio...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
wellcomestaff, Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Sir Kuriac, we are really glad your kid enjoyed the trip - and it is all that matters most to us, not just at the hotel but at the beach and all the places you wnet here. Thanks and regards to the family...

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I made my reservation through their website months before our stay and I was attended to by the staff, ever so promptly, accommodating my requests and immediately responded to my inquiries. I booked a Deluxe Room with one queen size bed and one single bed for Php 2400 a night. The rate comes with complimentary buffet breakfast for 2 and free wifi access which works great in almost anywhere in the hotel premises.

The room is spic and span and spacious. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the sheets smells really good! The colors in the room though are a bit monotonous and bland since its mostly white. I guess a little splash of color, perhaps artworks or more dramatic lighting could help, but the room, nevertheless is pleasant and welcoming. One more thing I love about the room is that it has a lot of available power outlets. There are also specific buttons for laundry, DND (do not disturb), etc, and every switch inside the room is within reach. Very helpful for someone lazy like me. :)

I asked Bruce via email to prepare a little surprise for my mom. I noted that he could prepare either a small balloon arrangement, a cake or a bunch of flowers. We were all happy to see this in our room as we enter. My mom was delighted. :)

Breakfast buffet is served in their mezzanine restaurant called Yollees Resto. I added an additional Php200 for buffet breakfast per day since the room only provided 2 complimentary breakfast. I failed to take a photo of how the buffet spread looked like but its not that much. Just the staple Filipino breakfast, bread with jams and spreads, pancakes, fresh fruits, fruit juice and coffee. In my 2 day stay, I saw chicken adobo, hotdogs, ham, and scrambled eggs to name a few viands.

The hotel also has a free shuttle service to and from Ayala Center and SM Cebu. Just inform the front desk folks that you'd be needing to go to those places and they will courteously assist you. Speaking of the staff, I think what made my stay in this hotel a good one is the service. I love how the front desk and the rest of the staff attends to any of my requests and did it promptly. Superb customer service!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jssica_wabbit
wellcomestaff, Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hi, Maam Jessica. We were glad your Mom was delighted by our little preparation. Thank you so much for being with us. (BTW, we will be transferring our buffet breakfast to the roof deck anytime soon so we can have more choices of food.) --- you will always be "WellCome", also your Mom :)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

For its price, you can't beat the quality, cleanliness and service you get.
I stayed at the hotel for a night and will definitely book there again when I visit Cebu in the next coming months. The staff, although very friendly, did not feel she knew what she was doing and it took her awhile to complete the check-in. Still, this is nit-picking as she could have been new, still very highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
wellcomestaff, Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

SIr Philipp, we are so glad for your review. We are also honored for having you with us. About the check-in, we have new trainees whom we are transitioning in the frontlines, sorry for that, but we will make certain adjustments. Thank you so much...

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I booked this hotel through agoda but picture are not really what you aspect to see.
All the hotel is very tiny from the room, to restaurant ( where you will have your breakfast) to the pool......which is more of a bath size.
Staff very friendly and welcoming, and position of the hotel is just 5 minute walking t
From Ayala mall.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
wellcomestaff, Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Every day of our hotel operation, we really make it a point to painstakingly satisfy each guest that comes to stay with us - mostly beyond what we are expected to do. Beyond that, it's really a matter of opinion, of looking at things at a greater perspective....

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself, staff, food are all great put into one. Value for our money, very clean and spacious room, attentive and courteous staff. If I would visit Cebu City again, i will definitely and without hesitation book at Wellcome Hotel again. Great staycation!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
wellcomestaff, General Manager at Wellcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Maam Joy, we were really glad to have you with us. Good luck in your future endeavors. You'll always be Wellcome with us...