“Unexpected!”

Ranked #1,149 of 1,494 Restaurants in Cebu Island
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to Lakwatsa for a dinner few months ago to claim our Groupon a la carte meal. The place was cool and I can feel the elegance while we were seated. The meal was sumptuous, delicious and recommendable. But wait, there's more! They also have a cultural show and it was very good! Entertaining! Food, show and the friendly staff... Lakwatsa is the place to be!

2  Thank roelski

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I specifically chose this location for my reception dinner as we were throwing a wedding at Chateau De Busay. My husband and I wanted the perfect venue. Lakwatsa topped our expectations and delivered more what was bargained for. We booked our rehearsal dinner on a Thursday and negotiated to give my party a great price for our party of 40. They gladly obliged and gave us a great selection of food to choose from the menu. Special thanks for Roan C. Monsanto (booking agent of Resto Lounge) for helping us book our wedding rehearsal dinner.

The food was amazing and out of this world, the cultural show was the underlining of our night as it was educational, fun, and entertaining. My guests had a great time at the show and almost as fun as our wedding the next day! 5 stars for Lakwatsa Resto Lounge! We will be back again next time we're in Cebu.

3  Thank applesomoza
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Learned about this restaurant from Groupon, where they offered discounted rates on their a la carte menu.I reserved a dinner scheduled at the same time as their cultural show and it was a wonderful experience. Much more than the good food, the show was a real treat! It offered a glimpse of Filipino culture, music, dance from various provinces and different generations. The presentation gave a modern twist to the traditional Filipino cultural shows. A must see for someone who wants to have a Filipino cultural experience in a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank salutjf
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Lakwatsa is located on the 5th floor. It has a huge signage on the parallel to the building BUT its located very near the 5th floor. With H. Cortes St. a narrow road, it takes a little strain in the neck trying to look for it for the 1st timer. It would be good if the owners can make a signage that is perpendicular to the building and the road just as how gas stations and other common restaurants like mcdonalds would position their signage.

We went on a Saturday and they have the regular show plus a live band. The show is unique as it presents the different "native" cultures of the Philippines. The singers were good, sometimes pitchy, but good enough. The songs were mostly cebuano or filipino, I do not know how the korean? guests comprehended but it seemed they enjoyed it. What is very nice is that the show has a lot of audience participation. Especially on the part of the tinikling. However, for this particular night, those that went up on stage to do the tinikling were locals, how I wish the Koreans were enticed more to try it. It would have been interesting to see koreans do the tinikling.

They also had this snake charmer who would do some magic tricks in between the cultural show's multiple presentation. What really is crazy with this snake charmer is when (it looked like) he stuffed the snake's mouth and head into HIS mouth. Damn! That was crazy.

The live band that came after that was also very good. This band also interacted with the crowd and a girl even went up on stage to sing and dance!

The whole place's design is simple. How I wish the owners would try to add more design to the place. The walls are and even the steps on the stage plain white color and makes the stage set look sparse.

The buffet spread is few, but tasty.

How I wish I can give 5 stars, but as of now, 4 stars. 5 stars is achievable though, as shown by other reviewers.

3  Thank al22tecc
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Lakwatsa Resto Lounge is of course a very nice restaurant, if you want to dine out with friends, family or with colleagues. They serve nice Filipino food, right as it should be. So this alone is a good reason to grab your phone and make an appointment.
But there is more: They have a great show, so, while dining, you can appreciate a high level performance. And when you know Cebu, and of course the world famous Sinulog festival, you know that they have a big reputation to uphold. In Lakwatsa, they do. After all, it's not so big as Sinulog, but it gives a real good taste of the popular Pilipino performance quality. When you are in Cebu during the Sinulog festival, you need, besides of the festival itself, go to Lakwatsa, to look at their performance from very close.
At all other times during the year, you'll miss the Sinulog, of course, but even then, Lakwatsa gives you the real feeling of the Cebuano soul.
If there is one thing you need to visit for sure in Cebu, it's Lakwatsa.

4  Thank Teknologo