“Miraculous Church”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Miraculous Church”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ive seen Simala when it was just a small church. now its so huge and beautiful like the churches in europe. its orderly as well and clean.

Visited November 2012

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Majestic & Miraculous!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The heat and the long lines were discouraging. So we just went inside the church, prayed and got rose petals. The church is beautiful. It is on the way going back to Cebu from the Oslob Whale watching experience.

Visited July 2012
8 Thank mcmina
Cebu
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Solemn Place for worship”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The place is very solemn and someone who wishes to enter must wear a proper attire as a sign of respect to our Lady.

Visited July 2012
7 Thank Eduard C
Iloilo City, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“The trip that would forever touch my life”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My mother's friend was the one who told us about the miraculous Simala shrine located in Cebu so I decided to take our family there. We spent overnight at Cebu City and early in the morning we traveled to the Citylink bus terminal. This is where you'll find buses going straight to Simala. We arrived there around noontime. The place is visually magnificent and sacred. We were able to attend the mass which was so solemn that you seem to get lost in the moment. I personally witnessed a miracle during the middle of the mass when I smelled the fragrance of roses. At first I thought it was the scent of the perfume coming from one of the churchgoers but as the mass went on, the scent of roses became very distinct.
After the mass, we went to visit the sanctuary of the Virgin. We have to fall in line as there were throngs of people going to the same place. In spite of the numerous people, the atmosphere remains solemn and sacred. We also took time to view the different images of the Virgin Mary located in the sanctuary on the second floor and purchased souvenirs to share with family and friends.
I consider that trip as something I would never forget in my lifetime because I was fortunately touched by the Blessed Virgin My family is looking forward to go back there every year if possible.

Visited October 2011
20 Thank Cel77
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“good place for worshipers”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

it's a good place for worshipers of Mother Mary to give offering and prayers. It's better if you bring your own vehicle because its far from the highway. However, their are local transportation available if you'll just commute. The place is wonderful to look at if you're 2000 feet above the ground (for pilots only of course).

Visited December 2011