“nice food, service and atmosphere”
Review of The Ranch - CLOSED

The Ranch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cebu City, Philippines
“nice food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Four of us went to The Ranch the other day for dinner and had a wonderful time. The menu offers a good choice to satisfy everyone's taste, the food was very good as was the service. The Cowboy atmosphere was fun, music was good and at the right volume. We will all be going back. We spent about 2 hours eating and drinking and enjoying and the bill for the 4 of us was about 2,500 pesos. Good value. One of the better places in town.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jim h

Goulburn, Australia
“Great food, service, atmosphere...”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I like The Ranch.
The food is very nice. I have dined here twice with my family and we have thoroughly enjoyed it both times.
I had burgers both times and they were great. My mother said the roast beef was "superb".
I enjoyed ice cold beer served in a frosty cold glass, and then some very good Australian red wine.
It is obvious that the owners of this place are true professionals who have worked very hard to achieve what they have. To them I say: Well Done! And thanks for having us. I'll see you next time I'm in Cebu.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 6hhgffghggg
Cebu City, Philippines
“Very homey and cozy”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Before a day of going out with friends, we planned to eat lunch at this place just because I haven't been here. I thought it was just another ones of those grill places in the city.

We had the honor of being served by the owner nonetheless, and he was very accommodating and hospitable. It was raining that day and he personally made sure the customers were cozy and well taken cared of.

The food was GREAT! There is value in the money we spent here. And you can obviously attest for the hands-on technique put into preparing and serving the food. Not much wait time for the food to be served.

The decor was fitting for a place called The Ranch. There were authentic items which really makes you feel like you're a cowboy. That's one childhood experience scratched off the list.

Will suggest The Ranch to friends. More power, James.

1 Thank incursionist
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“Excellent food at The Ranch”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I came in to The Ranch for lunch with a bunch of friends with little expectations. I have heard of this place but I had nary an idea of the type of food this restaurant is serving.

True to the restaurant's name, its walls are embellished with all things that one would see in Westerns, from lassoes to horse saddles to pictures of cowboys. The place has such a homey feel to it. When we came in, we were greeted with the beaming smile of the owner, James Tsekiri, who has been nothing short of gracious throughout our entire dining experience.

The Ranch has a wide selection of mostly American food to choose from. You get good value for your money as they give a generous amount of serving on your plate. I had their lemon fish with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables on the side. The fish was cooked and seasoned to perfection with just the right balance of lemon for my liking. I also did get to try their pasta in marinara sauce. The words divine and delicious don't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed the pasta. The apple pie is also a must try.

After our wonderful first time at The Ranch, I could definitely say that I am highly recommending this restaurant to everyone looking for good food in Cebu. I am already looking forward to our next visit.

1 Thank boyscout47
Cebu Island, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food awaits you at The Ranch!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I decided to try on this restaurant as we heard from several people that this place has good food. And as a food fan, I was expecting for a real treat.

As we entered the restaurant's indoor dining area, we were greeted by a smiling man (James, the owner) who I thought at first was a customer (since it is kind of unusual here in Cebu to have foreigner-owners to be running their place themselves). I was impressed that James himself brought us to our table, handed the menu, and even took our orders. We even had a small chit-chat with him.

So for our food, I ordered the Marinara Pasta and my friends ordered a burger and a fish fillet in lemon sauce. When my order arrived, I was happy that the portioning was large (compared to other resto's here with the same price range), even more when I took my first twirl of pasta. My, it had a homey feel (which I really like in a pasta) and that everything was all right. I even offered my pasta to my friends a couple of times since I haven't gotten over my happiness yet on the pasta.

As for the place, it had this western feel (with cowboy hats hanging around) that at the same time made me feel at home and that it did not pressure me in any way to act all prim and proper. The place was clean and decent as well. The place could do a little improvement on the aesthetics of the place, but well, we could just let go of that. ;)

We even had a complimentary slice of apple pie. Yum!

Overall, this is definitely a go-to place when you get to visit Cebu. :)

1 Thank Dan Michael S