“Good Location”

Islands Stay Hotels Uptown Cebu
Ranked #249 of 353 Cebu Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for our flight next day around 200.00 from the airport. Place is located just about 5 minutes walk to Ayala MalI which is convenient for eating and shopping. It is on the second floor between Metrobank and Asia United Bank with no lift. No convenience store nearby except the one beside Tune Hotel (7Eleven). We had the medium room, there's 2 of us. The room was clean, small, no place for your stuff. Flat screen tv with cable, split type A/C which is too much for a small room, there's no place for a window type anyway. Good size bathroom with hot&cold rain shower. When you sleep, you would think that you're in a business class flight or a cabin in a ship. No window, only one outlet, I thought there's none at first, found it! You can hear people talking outside, banging of the door. It was just an overnight stay so can't really complain.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I took an exam with my friends during the third week of September in Cebu so we booked at Islands Stay Hotel because it is located in the Cebu Business Park area. Aside from that, we chose the hotel because of the good reviews that we have read from travelers who have stayed there.

In the area, there are many other hotels but they're more expensive. Islands Stay was just perfect for the three of us who were looking for a nice and clean place to stay near our exam site. It's within walking distance from Ayala Center Cebu too.

There are two banks at the ground floor of the hotel building which spells convenience because ATM machines are readily available 24/7. In addition to that, there's also a little cafe at the lobby where you can buy water, coffee, muffins, cupcakes, and the like. If you would like to munch on something for a quick snack, this is the place to go.

Before reaching the lobby of the hotel in the second floor, a quote about traveling will greet you. It gave me a good first impression on the hotel. It's a place where backpackers or travelers would certainly feel at home. There are different quotes, I believe, in the wall of every room in the hotel. The hotel is bright and homey. So far, everything that we needed (plus WiFi), except for free breakfasts, was there. However, because of the location of the hotel itself, you'll never run out of food options. There are many restaurants in the area and there's also Ayala Center right across. If you would like to go to SM City Cebu, walk to Ayala's PUV terminal and ride a jeep (for 8 pesos) which will take you to SM.

The staff was nice and welcoming. They allowed us to have an early check-in that day for a fee because we arrived early (5 hours before the check-in time). Good thing the room wasn't booked! We also communicated with the front desk staff through e-mails beforehand, and they were able to respond to them promptly.

In addition to that, they also allowed us to leave our bags behind for an hour after the check out time because we had the second part of the test until noontime that day.

Overall, it was a good experience. I recommend this place for budget travelers and backpackers who would like to stay in a no-frills, budget hotel in a prime location. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WanderingEray
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Been staying for 3 weeks now bec of work (not pleasure) and quite happy with my stay - chose it because it was like a place i stayed in HK, because of its proximity to the place where i need to be everyday for work, and of course the price, cleanliness and my safety.

it now has a promo of P850/night for a Small Room. (if you are claustrophobic, this is not for you)..they have Medium, Large and Extra Large rooms (just like the sizes of the T-shirts their sister company Islands Souvenir sells!)

Stayed in 3 different small rooms already and its very convenient for affordable basic accommodations - - - though basic, it is very high tech--- free use of the computer in the common area, strong WIFI in the rooms, own digibox for cable tv and has adopted to using the Smart plugs of Fineupgrades Plus (maker of the USB wall socket with traditional socket inside the room!)...

rooms are cleaned everyday and the staff are great - accommodating to my needs even helping me where to buy food (they dont have a resto)

if you know Hop Inn HK, this is similar but with more rooms and with green/orange theme.

their muffins and sandwiches (if there is in the chiller) are enough for people on the go...they also have nespresso coffee on top of instant coffee!

You can go to the Ayala Center Cebu mall by walking less than 5 minutes. Its located on top of 2 banks so its secure. Nearby also is a 711 store (beside Tune Hotel).

Just try it if you are budget conscious and would like to spend more on activities, shopping and food. Did i mention, they have good customer service, great staff too.

Room Tip: if you are a family, choose room 1 --it has a window and its at the corner. There is no elevator so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is definitely not five-star, and doesn't charge like one, and for our purposes I would dare say it was perfect. A colleague and I had several meetings in the city and all we really needed was a couple of beds to sleep in. The location was very convenient and public transport was accessible. There weren't a lot of frills with the room - it had two beds, a toilet and shower, cable tv, airconditioner, bean bag chair - but we didn't need anything else beyond that, so we were good. The room was small but we didnt need a lot of space either; the decor was quaint, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I were supposed to stay here for two nights for his quick business trip to Cebu. We only opted to stay overnight and I had to search for nearby hotels so we can transfer. Both of us did not find the bed comfortable and we were both annoyed with the noise of the people along the hallway...considering this inn only had a few rooms and we were almost at the end of the hallway. We were booked here by his coworker who was from Cebu so we thought it was something good, but we were not happy... I had to search for a nicer hotel nearby when I woke up in the morning and I checked out and transferred as soon as my husband left for his meeting. I understand that this is a budget hotel, but i just think that for the price, i would rather add a few more to get the comfort in a different hotel.. But if you are really in a tight budget, i think this one is okay... I mean the bathroom is clean, the room is clean, shower has a heater although adjustments are below the bathroom sink ( the bathroom was cramped & our room didnt have a window)... The staff were pleasant though, Especially the bellboy who did not mind carrying all my stuff ( including my husband's luggage) to the nearby hotel where we transferred when I checked out by myself.. Overall i would say, this hotel is okay if u just need a place to have a quick sleep and if u are on a tight budget..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

You know what they say, you get what you pay for. Islands Stay would be the perfect example.

First, I didn't stay overnight in this place. I looked for a cheap hotel on purpose because I would be coming from Bantayan Island and I needed a place to crash until my midnight flight back to Manila. But I think i stayed enough hours to get a feel of the place.

It's a quirky, fun-looking hotel that obviously caters to backpackers and budget tourists. So expect the smallest hotel room ever. Since I was with my gf, I booked the room with the double bed. And man, was it cramped! But they were able to cram all the basics in one place. There was a tv with cable, a house phone, and a tiny bathroom. If you take a shower, you'll get most of the bathroom floor wet.

But that doesn't necessarily make it a bad place to stay. Airconditioning was sufficient (even has a tendency to get too cold probably because of the size of the room) and service was okay.

Would I stay here again? For situations where I just need to a place to crash for the night, sure. But if I was looking to stay longer, I'd probably look for a better hotel, even if it means spending a little more cash.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 days. The location is perfect for us since it’s just a street away from Ayala Mall. It’s also easy to call a cab whenever we need to. 7/11 is also near (it’s just beside Tune hotel). There is also a laundry shop in front of the hotel should you want to avail such service.
We rent a large room which is just big enough for us. The water supply is fine. The vibrant color of the room helps lighten the mood. They also clean our room and change our bath towels on everyday basis. The staffs are very accommodating (always smiling) and always willing to help us for our every need. It’s easy to talk to them and gave us enough information/tip of going around Cebu.
Though there are some drawbacks like you can hear the conversations of other guests from the other room. There is also poor internet connection inside our room but once you go to their lobby, you can get connected easily. This is not a 5 star hotel so for us this is just fine.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel for the proximity of its location and good service from their staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family