“Disappointed!”

Ranked #141 of 1,862 Restaurants in Cebu Island
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I used to like this place growing up. Haven’t eaten here in years and since I was back in town, I thought I’d order from here. Ordered for their pork sinigang and adobong kangkong via food panda and my goodness it was a disappointment. The pork sinigang that came had only two pieces of pork that was mostly fat, hardly any meat and soup - that was it. For the amount I paid for it at full price, it was not worth it at all! I would’ve probably been better off getting food from a carenderia stand, it would’ve been way cheaper! It wasn’t even wow, how could it be when all I could have from the meal was just soup.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (192)

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Traditional Philippine food very fresh and big variety of seafood,and chicken.
Their crispy parta ,is the best as are the baked scallops. Always a friendly weight staff and eager to serve
Worth the stop just good food

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

A very good option to eat authentic Filipino food if you are around the Mactan airport area. Good product, good service and good portions. The lechon is tremendous! You can pay with credit card

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

This location is just a walking distance from the hotel. We decided to have dinner here and was very disappointed. We ordered gintaang mongo, escabecheng taguige, pinakbet and ice cream. The mongo was sweet and I just can't stand it. Instead of calling it escabecheng tanguige they should call it sweet and sour tanguige. The pinakbet was also very sweet. I wonder if the cook that night had some sweet cravings because everything was sweet. We couldn't even finish eating because it was just awful. My experience in this location was not great at all and it is below average. I felt I just wasted my money on this location! Would never come back on this location ever again. I should have went to Harold's Buffet for the price I paid there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018

On Sunday 27th I was on a date and decided to come to the Golden Cowrie. Very bad choice.

We ordered 3 dishes: tuna belly, cooked vegetables and a salad.Tuna belly was overcooked and dry as hell. The vegetables had non seasoning and taste really blunt.

But what was really shocking, it was a long black hair that we had in our salad. We questioned the manager why the staff is not using hairnet in the kitchen and she said she would investigate. The best the manager could do, it was to cancel the order from our bill, no sincere apologies whatsoever.

What happened is really not acceptable, no respect of the hygienic and sanitation rules and no respect for customers. They really need to improve and raise their standards. Service was very slow too.

Date of visit: May 2018