“Two Seasons and Sweet Suite Heaven ~ The Perfect Choice!”

Two Seasons Boracay Resort
Ranked #37 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is a very well operated and managed boutique hotel. The level of service and cleanliness is top notch. All our transfers to and from Kalibo were flawless. All staff from the boat men, drivers, greeters, front desk, waiters, bartenders, room girls, security guards were all very courteous and helpful. Location is perfect being only steps to the water on the best part of Boracay’s renowned white beach. It was also nice and quiet at night and only a short walk to where all the action is. Food was a bit lacking in consistency, but generally acceptable. Try their sweet and spicy calamares served on hot stone, four cheese pizza and eggs benedict with smoked salmon and ham. Excellent! They also have great Mojitos (outsiders where taking them out). Happy hour buy one take one is from 1 to 6pm ($1 sub-zero beers are perfect to quench that thirst on a hot afternoon!). Also try to get a massage on the beach. Completely relaxing and satisfying!

Best of all, we stayed at Room 301 or Suite Heaven. The room most likely has one of the best, if not the best room overlooking white beach! It was pure bliss just laying on the bed and seeing the aquamarine waters, palm trees and blue skies at any moment during the day. Besides the fantastic view, it had its own infinity pool, verandah and sundeck. The room was very well planned and laid out. (See the attached photos). We were a family of four and both our boys (16 & 24 year old) enjoyed the room as much as the beach. Great to be able to bond in our own private room, verandah and pool. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank paragon0418

Reviewed February 10, 2011

We knew we were overpaying when we booked this place. However, we liked the reviews and wanted somewhere in Station 1 and actually on the beach. Two Seasons served this purpose well. The staff was polite and quite helpful. Nice touch to remember you by name. Location was excellent. In walking distance to most places. Cleanliness was up to par.

What we didn't like (as some others noted below).

1. 1st floor rooms are noisy. No outside light so quite dark and gloomy.
2. Internet Wifi was only in the BAR and not in the rooms.
3. Queen size bed was on the smaller side. Some rooms come with small second bed.
4. Breakfast buffet was ok, not great.

What we did like.

1. Literally on the beach. Amazing view.
2. Courteous and friendly staff. They were quite knowledgeable about the local area.
3. Free hotel shuttle rides in AC van anywhere on the island. Very useful and safe.

IMPORTANT ADVICE: If you stay here or any other hotel, make sure to use the hotel airport transportation service from Caticlan to Boracay. It's definitely worth the fee and you'll be sorry you went cheap on this one if you don't do it.

2  Thank ARMANZAND
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Boracay is simply beautiful - the beaches are simply to die for.

This hotel itself is more like a small boutique hotel, with very few amenities (ie. no gym, no meeting rooms, no swimming pool, no recreational facilities such as tennis courts etc).

Two Seasons is located on Station One. To summarise it without glancing at a map, Station One is where the nicer resorts and hotels are located (with Shangrila at the very end of the island).

Station Two is the centre of the island, where D'Mall (the main collection of shopping / eating places) is located.

Station Three is where the cheaper hotels are located. Station Four has the low-end hotels / backpacker hotels, and where the ferry terminal is located (where you arrive after taking an airport transfer if you flew in via Caticlan).

The room itself was slightly above ordinary by Asian luxury hotel standards. The buffet breakfast was so-so. There was free wifi at the cafe area, but the signal was weak and constantly dropped. Internet at the room was also free, but extremely slow.

Would I stay at Two Seasons again? Probably not. Because it is very expensive, and you can get so much better (or the same) for much cheaper. I would rate it 6.5 out of 10, but you are paying about US$400 per night for a normal room.

Would I come back to Boracay again? Definitely. Although this time, I would NOT fly with SEAIR airline into Caticlan (the closest small airstrip), with its completely unreliable flights and terrible service and made us miss our connecting flight.

4  Thank MacGrumpy
Reviewed February 7, 2011

White Beach is amazing. There are a lot of hotels in its 5 kilometer length, probably broadly in 3 categories - slums, mid range and a couple of flasher examples.

Two Seasons is probably as good as any in the mid-range sector. Located at Station 1, it is slightly quieter than the busy station 2 area, but only a short walk.

The suite rooms are quite nice, their superior rooms are fine, but nothing special. If you are in a superior room, avoid 305 or 306, they stare straight at an ugly building next door. And you can tell the rooms on the ground floor along the walk way would be dreadfully noisy at night.

Everywhere in Boracay is expensive for accom, compared to Bali or Phuket, but arguably the beaches make it worthwhile. The suites at Two Seasons are probably good value comparatively, while the superior rooms are a little expensive for what you get.

The staff are nice enough, no one was amazing though. The beach staff are a bit over the top about pool security. They must have had a lot of towels stolen over the years...

The breakfast is quite good, they try to vary it a little. We did even try other hotel breakfasts and Two Seasons was better.

Overall the food in Boracay is average in quality and quite touristy. Kasbah is great.

2  Thank LookingLooking
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Two Seasons Resort for seven nights. We were disappointed for a number of reasons.

1) If you stay in a Deluxe room be aware that it is like being in a dungeon and was depressing. The rooms are situated on the ground floor along the main corridor so you can hear everyone walking past your room. You cannot open your curtains because people can see directly into the room. The other rooms also appeared to lack privacy particularly those that looked out onto the pool.
2) There is nowhere near enough sun-lounges to cater for the amount of guests staying at the resort. We only managed to secure two sun-lounges on two of the seven days we were there.
3) The breakfast buffet was disappointing. We have stayed at so many hotels and the range of western food was very poor - only toast (no other pastries), cereal and eggs. I think it would be good if they offered pancakes and french toast. They do but you have to pay for it. There were also not enough tables at breakfast and on a couple of days we had to share with other guests.
4) Whilst massages on the beach appeared nice we found it quite off putting as they often did the massages between the cabanas which is where people eat and drink. Watching people have dead skin scraped off the bottom of their feet whilst trying to enjoy food was quite disgusting.
5) People trying to get you to buy jewellery and other trinkets whilst you are within the hotel grounds was annoying and it really was constant. The hotel should really not allow this to happen.

On a positive note, the transfers were good and well worth paying for. Overall, cleanliness was good and the bathroom was nice. The staff were generally friendly but after having just spent two weeks in Thailand it just didn't compare although we did find Jose to be very nice! Mandala Spa was really nice!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philandcat
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights in room 201 which is a Junior Suite. Room was big enough for the both of us. I liked the balcony and the window below the TV that looks out into the sea. It was fantastic to be able to see the sea the first thing in the morning when you wake up. Everything was clean. Bathroom was large -- something I truly appreciate since there are some resorts that try to limit bathroom space.

Best part of our stay were the people who worked at 2 Seasons - from Jun, the Manager, Arlene at Front Desk, to Noel our waiter, and the massage therapists, etc. THEY WERE VERY GOOD. They were efficient, pleasant, respectful and attentive to our needs. They're level of service is comparable to 5 star hotels :-) I was impressed with them.

I do have one tiny complaint. But this might be insignificant for you as they said I am their only guest who has ever complained. I am very sensitive to smells, particularly bad smells. I complained that the exhaust from the kitchen below was blowing into the hallway of our room and our balcony. It was nauseating for me. I hate the smell of food, especially the deep frying, or heavy oil. I smelled this sometimes coming in thru the air conditioner. I simply closed the balcony door and air conditioner. ANd whenever we went in and out of our room, we quickly closed the door so the smell won't go in. Again, this might be insignificant to you. But if it is possible, I'd request the room 202 over 201 since it is further away from the kitchen.

I will definitely go back. if I will be going with my kids, I will book the family rooms. If it were my hubby and I again, we'd stay at the junior suite 202 :-)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlene C
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed at the two seasons from the 22-27 Dec. We were very glad that we choose the right hotel for our Christmas get away.
The moment we touch down, everything was taken care of. We were transfered to the hotel by a private boat and Van.

The staffs were very courteous and make you feel at home. We stayed in the Junior suite sea facing room. What a fantastic view, especially when you get up in the morning, we could see the sea through the glass panel from the room. Its soooooo inviting.
We had our compulsory Christmas Eve Dinner at the Hotel. I was not that impressed with the food, however since its the season of giving, I am not complaining much.

We had a couple of massages at the beach, by the hotel Therapist. It was a good experience, however on the last day of stay we went to the Mandalay Spa. Though it was expensive, we enjoyed the serenity and the attention to detail.
All in all we will definitely stay here again, when we are back in Mar.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family