“Two Thumbs up for Two Seasons”

Two Seasons Boracay Resort
Ranked #30 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Chicago, Illinois
“Two Thumbs up for Two Seasons”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This review is more than the resort, I will provide additional information about my opinion on the island that may help a first time find the best place to stay and where. I am laying out overlooking the beach as I write this review. Now that’s LIVING!!!!
Two Seasons is located in Station 1 towards the end of the other end of white beach stretch. For me this station is the best location if you want quiet and upscale. I don’t know why but the beach is so much nicer in this area. The sand, the water and the atmosphere is just better here in my opinion. Station 2 is where all the action is its right smack middle of the white beach stretch. Station 3 is quiet especially towards the end where you can find the place called the rocks where there are huge rock formations by the shore. Its quite peaceful there too. Station 2 and 3 may have cheaper accommodations and it’s more crowded that’s why I like Station 1. Some of the nice resorts close to Two Seasons would be Discovery Shores and the newly opened Ambassador prince where the kayaks that are for rent are just outside this resort. Seawind occupies a wide beach area and the deluxe rooms have the local nipa hut flair. I checked out the rooms of the Ambassador prince and it was simply divine, most of the rooms have a beachview and their standard room is spectacular but it comes with a price. Residencia has basic rooms that are good enough but the rooms don’t have a refrigerator or a safe in the room. One thing I realized in this trip is that we were NEVER in our rooms except when we sleep so we were only in our rooms for 8 hours average per day. The residencia might have been good enough for us.
Everywhere in the stretch there are people trying to sell you something, its vendors galore but I feel the towards the left and right end of the island has the least. Make sure you bargain for the best price and don’t just jump in the first person who offers you something. For example we did parasailing and the ticket price is 2500 PHP per person. I was able to bring it down o 1900. The ATV is 2500 and I was able to take it down 50%. Try the parasailing its such a wonderful experience but its not for the faint of heart.
Originally we planned to stay in boracay for 3D/2N but after our first 3 hours of laying outside we decided to extend for a totall of 5N/6D, yes its that beautiful and it could not have been more perfect. We flew into Caticlan through Seair, and booked our package through them as well. It was 600 USD (30000 PHP for 2D/3N for 2 pax). When we extended we paid a rebooking fee of 20 USD and the rooms directly with the hotel for 7000 PHP net per night. We just came back from Phuket and phuket cannot touch boracay. From the beach to the food and most of all the price, its a better bang for your buck. The water is so clear that its just like water flowing down your faucet and into your tub. I love the fact that you can easily hail a tricyle which is equivalent to the tuktuk in Thailand and go to the different stations for less than 50 cents per person one way. One thing about flying to/from caticlan, it is more expensive and there is a chance that your flight will be diverted to kalibo which is what happened to us. In the future we will just fly from Kalibo. I felt ripped off when our flight was diverted because we paid the price for flying to/from Caticlan.
Now for the property, We first stayed in room 306 which was a superior room. It’s a small basic room on the uppermost floor, it had everything we needed and most importantly it was quiet. Unlike the Avista resort we stayed in phuket where you can hear every single thing, this resort has good soundproofing. During our extension they gave us a choice to upgrade to a deluxe room because the superior rooms are fully booked. The only thing I don’t like about the deluxe rooms is that they are on the first floor where all guests pass through for their entrance but they did say that the rooms are sound proof and there is also a sign outside that says Silence please but I did not want to take the chance. If you decide to stay in the deluxe room, stay in the middle and not the one close to the staircase or the one beside the pool. We ended up being upgraded to the junior suite which was quite a room. It overlooks the pool and it is huge. The only thing I don’t understand is why the junior suite have no hangers for clothes and the refrigerator is smaller The superior had all these plus it has a terrace where you can enjoy the breeze at night. One thing about this hotel is that only one room has an ocean view but you have to pay the price for that. So just get a superior room and lay by the beds outside the hotel because it is BEACHFRONT. The water pump is in the roof so be aware that you can hear it when it tries to pump for water, it maybe annoying for people who are sensitive to sound like I am but it wasn’t going on at night so it didn’t bother me and then at some point it just became white noise for me. The resort has a restaurant you can choose to sit by the chairs and tables or by the cabanas, there are 4 cabanas. Just outside are the sunbeds and there were only a few. It wasnt an issue for us since there are a lot of Filipino guests in this resort and 98% of Filipinos don’t want to go under the sun. This might be a potential problem when there are more foreigners in the hotel, I can see them running out of beds. There was a resort beside 2 seasons I think its called SUR that plays loud music all the time. It kinda ruins the peace and tranquility but I just try to drown it with my ipod. Most of the people who work in this resort are very friendly but a few are worth mentioning. Arlene is the manager , Danilo works the front desk at night and JR or RJ is one of the servers who is really friendly and helpful. There is wireless connection by the restaurant area and cabanas but only wired connection in the rooms. The price we paid included breakfast, I really wasn’t impressed with their breakfast at all. If there is an option for a price without breakfast, just go for that and get breakfast somewhere else since there are a lot of really great places to eat in the island. They also have a free shuttle service to go to different stations, use it. I only tipped them when they picked us up and dropped us off. It just doesn’t make sense to tip them everytime I use the shuttle to go from one station to the other. The tricyle ride is 7 pesos so if I tipped more than that then whats the point from a cost efficiency right? I would recommend this resort and hopefully we can be back soon.
Favorite restaurant – Escondido – yummy crabs, prawns and Filipino cuisine
D Talipapa – shop here instead of the mall where you can get great bargains for almost the same stuff
D Mall – restaurants, bars, name it they got it there.
If you want the ultimate place to stay where u can relax and be left alone in total exclusivity then Boracay Shangri-la is the place for you. If you cant afford to stay there then take a tricyle and have some cocktails at this place. It is a resort fit for kings and queens. We cant wait to go back to Boracay, this time we are staying for an entire week or even 10 days. While I was ready to leave phuket after 4 days, I had to drag myself kicking and screaming leaving Boracay.

9 Thank AlexisRF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
newdelhi
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I went with a friend and stayed in for 3 nights over all experience was just satisfactory.

breakfast which is included in the package is very limited and not much choices.
standard rooms and beds in rooms are very small and can hardly sleepin two people.

swimming pool is very small in size and is at the rear of the hotel

pluses are it is at a very nice location ...isolated from the busy market and from crowd but one can reach the main street in tens min's walk.

service and staff is excellent and very hospitable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank bharatkh
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2010

The entire Boracay experience was pure bliss! The journey from Caticlan Airport to the private van to the private boat ride to again another private van and finally to our Two Seasons hotel room was a memory I will always cherish. The hospitality of the staff was nothing short of amazing...Ronald, JR, and Chris, our waiters catered to us hand and foot. Ulysis, Two Season's front desk staff's recommendations of what areas / things to do was right on target and surpassed our expectations. Although the room was a bit dark, it was perhaps because we stayed on the ground floor and closed our curtatin for privacy from the hallway BUT the room had a stone foot massage shower design-absolutely brilliant!
What could be better than laying on our beach beds under a white umbrella drinking beer, nibbling on prawns and crispy pata? The only thing i can think of that can beat that is either (1)having fresh lobsters and calamari on the beach in Station 2 at Paradiso for candle light dinner under the moonlight or (2) sailing in the ocean during sunset or (3) having a foot / leg massage while sipping a fresh mango shake in a cabana or (4) laying in my beach bed during sunset and getting a full body massage......all of which my partner and i did in bora and/ or Two Seasons.....
Our baggage was transferred safely and carefully without us lifting a finger.....literally....
Filipino hospitality is the BEST!
Prior to going to Two Seasons, we checked out of Makati Shangrila. When returned to Manila, we checked back into Makati Shangrila. The only 2 down sides to Two Seasons is that our room was a bit dark, and it was difficult to reserve the room since they didnt accept credit cards to book the room (luckily, i had my cousin, a total angel, who lives in manila advance the payment for me-for those without that connection, reservations are difficult). Nonetheless, coming from Shang Makati,we preferred the service at Two Seasons Bora. Hospitality at Two Seasons was more down to earth and there was no pretentiousness. We almost booked at Shangrila Bora and are so happy we stayed at Two Seasons. The positives far outweighed any negative.....Thanks to our cousins for booking us at Two Seasons! You guys are the BEST!

3 Thank newyorker55555
New York
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Overall, we had an excellent stay at the Two seasons. We stayed in a deluxe room with king size bed. The room is very nice and clean, with excellent, large bathroom (no tub). These rooms are located on the ground floor, which brings up the only drawback of the room - it is a bit dark - as the only window that could bring in daylight opens at the ground floor level right next to the corridor. The first night in our room, we felt that the bed was a bit too hard. The manager arranged for the addition of several mattress pads that made a huge difference.

The hotel is in an excellent location right in the middle of station 1. We had a great time visiting the restaurants in surrounding walking-distance resorts (discovery shores, kasbah, sea wind). The beach is fantastic, though, as mentioned in other reviews, there is a slight shortage in beach chairs.

Overall our experience was excellent - the service was very good. we would have ranked service as 'excellent' but for a few very minor issues:
* During check out and the settlement of the final bill we had specified our use of the minibar two days before check-out at the front desk. It would have made sense if at this stage use of the minibar would have been included in the bill. However, when we were ready to take our bags out of the room and go the van - one of the hotel staff did a final check of the room, called the front desk, and we were asked to go to the front desk again to pay for the mini bar separately. This delayed our departure by 15 minutes. Our usual experience is that hotels include mini bar charges on a daily basis and that mini bar charges are included in the final bill.
* While the hotel is not cheap (we paid 8500 peso/day), they tend to be a bit 'stingy' with relatively small things. Example: my wife's dress made some light stains on a beach towel. Rather than clean the towel, we were charged for the cost of a replacement towel (500 peso). We have never experienced this before - one would assume that hotels have an insurance policy or are self-insured to cover for the cost of these types of things.

Anyway - aside from these minor issues - our overall experience was positive. We would heartily recommend this hotel, noting that the service orientation is excellent - a few minor improvements could still be made.

3 Thank dutchinny
Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Service was exceptional from the start to the finish!

Arrived from Kalibo to Caticlan and Two seasons like alot of the resorts have a private boat and van so no need to go on the public ferry...
Stayed at the ocean view room and although a little small was beautifully outfitted... tv was nice with alot of channels and balcony was superb!
Location was one of the best on station 1 and alot less hawkers than station 3!!!

The restaurant and drinks weren't the best and overpriced compared to station 2 and 3 but that was to be expected.... the location is awesome with the water and sand quality and privacy worth the extra money... hotel and bar staff are great!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have just returned from a stay at Two Seasons and I highly recommend the place. I would add that I stayed in their Suite Heaven room so experienced non of the issues that others highlight with noise. The room is fantastic and very unique on White Beach. It is very spacious, has a nice sized private plunge pool, lounging area and wonderful views from every part of the suite.........it was well named as suite heaven. I would have some concerns at staying in some of the rooms that have no view or are on the ground floor near reception, but my experience was very good. Service was great, up to the typical Boracay standard or better, breakfast is cooked to order which I like and the location is perfect near boatstation 1 but in walking distance to all the action.

It is a great place and I would recommend it. The suite room is expensive, but I think I got a good deal and it is worth it for a unique Boracay experience. I have stayed in Fridays several times before and I do like that but this room and experience is a step up from that.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Manila
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I travelled alone to boracay and the hotel staff took care of me the moment i stepped out of the plane. Since my flight was diverted from Caticlan to Kalibo, the hotel staff called me through the cellphone saying they were already there waiting to pick me up at the Caticlan port. Upon arrival, all i did was to ride the shuttle to the resort's private jetty port (not the public jettyport), which makes it less crowded, much cleaner. The boat ride and the shuttle ride to the hotel was okay. At the hotel, i was able to check in immediately. I got the superior room (the cheapest) and was satisfied with the facilities. Very modern and clean. Room had a modern bathroom (no tub for the superior). Decent TV, dvd player, A/C, safety deposit box. There was a brief power interruption but the hotel had standby generator. (About 1 minute to re-start the electricity). They also had free DVD movies for rent.

Staff was very good. They made sure they attended to my needs. Since i was travelling alone, i asked the security to look after my things when i took a swim. Security was also present at the two entrances (both front and rear) especially at night when i go out.

I only had breakfast there. The food was average. Maybe they should increase the serving size. I didn't try their other menu for lunch and dinner since i found them too expensive.

Location of the hotel was perfect. It's in the end of white beach, near the Class AAA resorts like Fridays, Discovery Shores, Sea Wind, Waling Waling Pearl of the Pacific. Mostly foreigners and upper class people stay in this area. Not crowded. However, Two Seasons does not have a big frontage unlike these other resorts. Two Seasons has about 15 meters beach front only since the property is situated lengthwise from the beach. That's why it can accommodate only about 8-10 beach beds. (I had to wait until some guests left so i could soak up the sun in the beach bed.) In any case, you can stil enjoy the wide wide white sands in front, just lay a towel and you're good.

They had internet ports in every room, and a WiFI internet at the lobby, up to the dining area and cabanas. The only disappointment was the WiFi signal couldn't reach the beach beds. They should improve on this.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle and pick up to and from any point in the beach strip. You just call them when you're ready to be picked up. Again, the staff were very very attentive.

They offered massage services which was more expensive than those you can get from Station 1/2. You just call the front desk and within 15 mins, the masseuse was there. You can take your massage inside the room (which I did on the first day.. I felt so relaxed and sleepy immediately after), or in the cabanas (which I took again on the second day!), or in the beach beds outside.

Checking out was also efficient. The staff will take care of you from the hotel, to the jetty port, even to caticlan, and directly to the ticketing office of your airline for a quick issuance of boarding pass. Service was really great.

Overall, this is a hotel i would recommend.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo