“Noisy, unpleasant rooms, unhelpful staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Isla Bonita Resort

La Isla Bonita Resort
Ranked #82 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Noisy, unpleasant rooms, unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Unfortunately we had to move to this place for the last night of our stay from the fully booked Best Western Boracay Tropics resort. And what a shock this was: small and shabby room, old and very loud aircon, unhelpful staff, not too clean bathroom and this all for almost the same price as the clean, nice and quiet Best Western with lovely staff. It felt like a proper rip off. My advise - look for other accommodation on the island, there are plenty of much better choices for the price of this "hotel".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CZE-Traveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights on a diving trip to the island. I think the name of this place generates the wrong ex[pectations. This hotel is more of a pension (as they call them in europe) not a resort. The staff are super nice, always happy to assist and the location is well away from the hussle and bussle of station1 - 2nd the hordes of tourists there (evn in the OFF season). It is a good 20min walk to the 'Mall"and all the shops. A nice quiet place to stay here, for the money and staff when i return to Borocay i will stay here again. Its true that the rooms do vary, and mine did smell musty (but i left the windows open anyway. I idnt have A/C but that was good because i didnt want to run the risk of getting a cold when i was there for the diving! The breakfast could do with a lot of improvement - i bought my own fruits from the markets. i reccomend eating out at DTalipapa where you can buy fresh/live seafood and have it cooked up at the restaurants adjacent to this wet market. i ate there often it was fantastic. Also get yourself a HaloHalo at the Talipapa from a little stall right near the main rd entrance - unbelievably good. For eating out try the Big Smoke eatery right up the back of DMall near the main rd - the best philippino food i had on the island :) Oh and the diving was SPECTACULAR - big thanks to Calypso Dive :) Many thanks to the wonderful staff of Isla Bonita - April, Babelene, Flor, Robelyn, Carol, "Vanessa' and Cheryl.

Room Tip: I like the second floor rooms with a little verandah and tables to chill out on
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David S
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I did not stay in this hotel. But I guess that's a good thing. I was on the stage of inquiring for rooms. After browsing their website, I asked through email whether they can come up with a package for my group. I received their reply with the list of their room rates, which I already saw on their website, and bunch of self-promoting paragraphs on why I should consider their resort.

I sent again another email. This time, basing on their promo package listed on their website, I particularly asked for some adjustments to fit the needs of my group. As another option, I also picked a room from the list of regular rates and asked that to be adjusted for my group. Then I also asked them to describe their about to be completed swimming pool.

What I received later is their short response saying that their promo package is only available during the low season. That's it! No other explanations or mention about my other questions. So I thought that if by email they cannot attend to my inquiries, what more if my group were already there?

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jmrolls

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Lancing, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was appauled the first day as I entered my superior room upstairs room. I was greeted by mosquitos, an air conditioned room that was just a fan, a cold drip of a shower and a flithy floor. In their defernce they did give me a hugh can of mosquito repellent. The location on Station 3 was good. After a disgusting breakfast and my daughter arriving from Oz I saw her room, nice - not bad at all and $10 less!!! I wanted to change and got a somewhat better room downstairs and - well I had hot water and it was cleaner, still at superior rates.
So watch out, it all depends on the room - I wish I could remember the good room number. Unbelievably it had a brown corner bath in it. However, it was hotter than hell with just a fan and somewhat musty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Charlotte H
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

we paid 8k for 3 days 2 nights stay ,we got room 304 the room was falling apart, insects were falling from the bathroom ceiling, water costs 50 pesos, wifi costs 200 pesos, heater and aircon , we had to remind the staff twice to turn them on, it was horrible, continental breakfast consisted off 2 dry pieces of bread butter and sour mango! horrid! we should have stuck with casa fiesta in station 1, our friends got to stay there for 7k for 5 days! free water, wifi, heater and flat screen tv with cable! money wasted in la isla bonita!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Aurora P
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed in the La Isla Bonita for nine nights on my trip to Boracay. The resort is at the cheaper end of the market but do not let that put you off I had a perfectly good stay there. The rooms are clean and as another reviewer notes there are some shockingly coloured bedware (is that the word?) to be seen but I always made sure that I slept with my eyes shut so everything was fine. The hotel goes directly onto the wonderful White Beach and there are some free loungers to be had, well no-one charged me.
The breakfast was OK but unremarkable.
I recommend putting your valuable into the hotel safe at reception, not because I think there is a particularly high theft risk but it is great to see how meticulously the staff wrap your stuff and document it. Filipinos seem to be very good a written record keeping and this will illustrate this well. Your stuff is safe, you get to see record keeping at its filipino best and it is only 200P (I think).
Station 3 may be appear to be the quiet end of town but I thought that it was the best place to be so location gets a tick from me too.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank vsi_ian
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at the resort in 2000 and loved it. This is a newer rebuilt resort . The rooms vary but are generally comfortable and good value for beachfront. The hospitality and friendliness of all the staff is oustanding which more than makes up for a few deficiencies.We had 2 stays this time for 7 nights and 5 nights and were very happy there.

Room Tip: I would suggest upper levels in the newer buliding.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple