“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Palm Breeze Villa Boracay Hotel
Ranked #9 of 229 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We spent 3 great nights at the Palm Breeze Villa. Enjoyed a lovely, comfortable, well appointed room. The entire property was neat and tidy with wonderful views of the island, beach and ocean. The staff were warm, friendly and efficient and we found the Resident Manager to be very helpful in arranging transportation and assisting us during our stay. Would definitely recommend the Palm Breeze Villa. It was a nice relaxing break from the more hectic pace of White Beach.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I think it a worthy recommended villa in Boracay !
A nice view and sunshine in the morning, though it spent a longer
distance to the beach road, but it just need 15 minutes.
Friendly and polite staff here, an impressive travel here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for five days from 4 to 8/Apr.

It was a very good experience even though there was a small trouble(forgetting to reserve tricycle on departure day)

Very good view , delicious breakfast and kindness of staffs.

I want to return here as quickly as possible.

And I'll try to write a review in Japanese to introduce this hotel to Japanese.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

With all the choices of places to stay in Boracay, I had trouble at first settling on something. But once I found that Palm Breeze was available, it seemed a pretty easy choice. Once we arrived, my choice was confirmed pretty quickly. This was absolutely the best choice for our family. We traveled with kids and stayed in the two connecting rooms upstairs. It just worked out great. We all appreciated (even my kids) that we were away from the noise and chaos of D'Mall and White Beach. The furnishings were plenty nice, and the air conditioning worked well.

We arrived at night and had yet to see the views of the island. When we awoke the first morning and stepped out on to the balcony, it was a stunning view. We stayed 4 nights and Maricel was there waiting for our late arrival, which I appreciated. She provided daily water bottles, fruit and a shell necklace on arrival, and pretty much did anything she could to make our stay enjoyable. The staff works throughout the day to keep the place clean. My kids really enjoyed the pool, which is shaded in the afternoon. Maricel and staff took great care of us and helped us with knowing how much things should cost, where to go, etc.

If I had any complaints at all, it's that the breakfast seems extremely overpriced, even for the resort area of Boracay. It was delicious, for sure. But it was on par with US/Europe pricing which I felt didn't match the demographics of the area at all; nearly $50 for my family of 5. We did not receive any child pricing. More than once it was actually my most expensive meal of the day, which seemed odd! We wound up bringing food from the market and eating in our room a couple of days to save a few bucks.

Note, this hotel has a backup generator, which is important considering Boracay still suffers from regular power outages. Many smaller hotels don't have this feature, and we were happy to have air conditioning into the evening when the power was out for several hours one day. Well worth the choice and any added cost. They also have reliable wifi internet, which we enjoyed.

There are several tindahans (small family-run street-facing stores) right nearby, and you can walk up to get sodas and snacks very simply.

Another note: the hotel is near the top of a pretty steep hill, and the local tricycles can have trouble getting up if loaded. The upside is that the view is awesome; flip side is that it's not an easy run for trikes. My family wound up getting sort of ripped off when we took a trike home one evening, despite the fact that I speak Tagalog. He only made it partially up the hill, leaving us to walk the rest of the way, but still wanted full payment. Instead, if you're in decent shape, I recommend that you take the stairs to the beach and make the short walk into/from town. We did that most of the time and it was no big deal. It only takes a few minutes and will save you pesos plus any hassle of the trike not making it up the hill.

There's presently tons of seaweed washed up on shore at the private beach, which made it a pretty stinky experience to even traverse. It was still faster to go through it and up the stairs than to walk up the street. You wouldn't want to spend any time there, for sure. I'm told that as the winds shift in the next month or so, that will all be remedied and the beach becomes usable again. It's too bad that the barangay (local government unit) doesn't do more to care for the beach area. The White Beach side was as well covered in green algae, which my kids thought was disgusting. Up at Puka Beach on the north shore, however, there was no algae, seaweed, or garbage, which was nice.

The road to Bulabog Beach area is still under construction, but they were pouring new concrete sections daily and I doubt it'll take too much longer before it's done. I didn't find it too inconvenient; we normally walked along the beach anyway.

The highlight for our stay, for me, was the private couples massage on the secluded beach cove right before we left. It was just great. You can get massages cheaper at White Beach, but they aren't the same experience. Having it close, private, and 75 minutes, made it well worth the premium price on property.

I would definitely stay here again if returning, and would easily recommend to others. Thanks Julia and Maricel and staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank klinebch
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 days at the jasmine suite with my mom. Beautiful place to stay at. Away from the noise of station 2.

You will reach d*mall 10-15 mins walk. Staffs work from 8am-5pm only. Hope you won't meet any problems in the night. They only have like 4-5 fixed breakfast menu which is almost the same rate for buffets.

Loved the fully furnished kitchen. Rice cooker available on request.

Just a regular bathroom, no bath tubs. No bath robes available.

Only one thing disappointed me. We stayed for 5 days, they will clean the room but i think you have to tell them to change the linens. I believe ours were not changed even once.

A very peaceful villa.

• Stayed: March 2013
Julia W, Owner at Palm Breeze Villa Boracay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. The reason that TripAdvisor lists us under the B&B/Inn category and not the Hotels category is that like other accommodation of this type, we do not have 24 hour reception staff. For a small place with only 5 rooms to rent, it would add an enormous cost to have staff sitting at a desk all day and night for the very occasional enquiry. Our full team of staff are on duty from 8am to 5pm, we have someone on call until 9pm every night, and several staff who live on site and are available for emergencies all night long. Our breakfasts are freshly made upon ordering each day. We use only top quality ingredients and do not make any profit on the meals. We are glad you also enjoyed having the fully furnished kitchen in the suite. We clean the rooms every day, change the towels daily, and the bedsheets are normally changed every three days (more often if dirty), which is standard practice for international 5-Star hotels. (Perhaps she didn't notice, but your mother was actually there in the room on the third day of your stay while your bedsheets were being changed.) We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Horizon Suite located next to the pool and had an overall very good stay. While overlooking the Bulabog Beach bay and tucked away from the road, the bed-n-breakfast is pleasant and refreshing. It is not like the hustle-n-bustle at properties on or near White Beach. As you can see from their website, the views of Bulabog Beach and property grounds are beautiful.The room was spacious, clean, and well-maintained. The bathroom was large and luxurious. Staff was very professional, responsive, and courteous. Each morning, we ordered breakfast from the kitchen, and the dishes came out quickly. The portions were just perfect and food was delicious. I'm savoring the mango pancakes as I write. My only complaint is that the road most direct between the restaurants, clubs and scene at White Beach and Palm Breeze was under construction, and you had to maneuver around active construction equipment, potholes, and the motorbikes trying to move around you. It should have been closed off at times, especially when crews were working. Thus, the tricycles had to take the long 15 minute route around the island to make it back late at night, and asked you for 200php or more.

Bottom line, I recommend staying here if going to Boracay after the road construction is completed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

quite place, nice sea-view, room is clean, breakfast is optional, staff are nice and friendly, they arranged anything we asked: micro-wave, stitching, late checkout etc, 20 mins walk to the white beach, but the crossing path is under constructing. we spent very nice time there & strongly recommended to all others.
PS: little suggestion, better change door room lock, i easily opened it by using my gf's hairpin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple