“Quiet property lots of action in the Bay”

Palm Breeze Villa Boracay Hotel
Ranked #10 of 225 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a quiet small accommodation with very friendly and helpful staff. It is a short walk away from White Beach which is chaotic and busy. The property allows for a quick trip to the west side of the island and then a quiet place to return to. Julia the owner was very helpful with tips on getting on and off the island and what to expect when arriving in Manilla. If you are booking the deluxe room, ask for the corner room on the upper deck which has one more window and offers two views. Our inside corner room was a little dark, and tastefully decorated.
Bulabog Beach is famous for the wind kiters. The deck is a great place to watch the men and women and their amazing skills!
I had a massage while at the Palm Breeze. It is more expensive, however, calm, private and professional.
The room has a small fridge which helps keep food from being invaded by the everpresent tropical ants!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you look for a quite and really nicely designed stay on Boracay you should visit this place. 5 rooms individually sized surround an open terasse with a couple of sun loungers and a small pool.

The view is really great. On windy days you can watch a lot of kite surfers moving along the coast. This side of the island is not so crowded and you won't find that many shops and restaurants as on white beach. If you want a little bit more action you have to go to the other side of Boracay. It's only a ten minutes walk.

During our time of stay there has not been high season. So the beach was not very clean and you could see a couple contruction sides getting this part of the island ready to stand the tourist storm in december.

The rooms have been clean, although we found some bugs. But to be honest we found them also in a five star hotel on the other side of Boracay.

The service is just perfect. Ask for something and you'll get it.

Breakfast is simple but very tasty. As many before us we have to recommend the mango pancakes. We wished we could find something similar at home. If you want to have something else, book the jasmin suite. It's equipped with a complete kitchen.

At the end of november the sun goes already down around 6 pm. So if you come back to the plam breeze villa you can enjoy the pool and watch the stars quite early in the evening.

We had a great stay at this side. Thanks again to the stuff who made us feel welcome all the time. If we will visit Boracay again we will also visit the palm breeze villa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed in many places which have in no way resembled the advertising and photos. Palm Breeze Villas has exceed my expectations. The place is top quality and the views from the upper villas are spectacular, particularly sunrise over Bulabog Beach. This is the quieter side of the island but only a short 15 minute walk to the D mall and White Beach where the shops and night life are located. Maracin "the manager" runs a well kept and very clean place, she and all her staff are eager to assist with any request. An excellent breakfast is available, which can be eaten overlooking the bay. I would happily recommend a stay to anyone, and will be returning at the first opportunity. John 30 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I got upgraded to a kitchenette room and it was dark, had no views and no windows that I could open. At night when I came home, the out side area was poorly lit and there was dodgy guys hanging around out the front. My first thought was kidnapping, even the trike guy said he would wait for me to get in safely. The first few days after I arrived the pool was empty and the repair men were drilling down stairs like crazy. Kept me awake. The room had so much clutter and rubbish on the walls and tables as decoration, some may say it was to give it a tropical feel, but to me it was too much and no consistency. The shower was very fancy but too high and not enough pressure to make for a comfortable experience. This place is far away from station 1 and you need to take a taxi or trike to get there. I was there during monsoon period which meant i could not walk to station one as there was a huge flooded area that went half way up my calf. I found another place for my last nigh to stay, it was nicer and cheaper. I booked this place as it cost a bit more so I thought it would be a little better than the others, it wasn't. The staff were very friendly and the internet was also fast. kitchen was fully equipped but who would want to cook in a country that has such cheap restaurants? I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
windswept1, Owner at Palm Breeze Villa Boracay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We are sorry you did not like your accommodation. We thought you would enjoy the free upgrade to the 1-bedroom suite. However, if you did not like the suite, why didn't you inform our staff?? There were three other rooms available and you could have taken your pick!! Also, I do not know why you could not open the two sliding windows in the living room and in the bedroom. Again, if you had just asked the staff, they would have been happy to assist you. Sorry you did not like our decoration. We have had many compliments on it (see other people's reviews), but each to his own I suppose. The large oil painting of sailboats on the wall in the living room was one of several specially commissioned paintings that we have in the villa done of local scenes by a well known Filipino artist. We are also sorry you were disturbed by the essential repair work we had to do in the swimming pool on the day you arrived. This was unfortunate, but we made sure to keep the noise to an absolute minimum and there was no noise before 10am or after 4:30pm. You seemed to get off to a bad start when you saw what you perceived as "dodgy characters" on your arrival at the villa. However, Boracay is a very safe place where you can wander around late at night on your own without fear. Also, Palm Breeze Villa is in a private estate called Sunrise Cove with no through way, so the so-called "dodgy characters" you saw in the evening were either our staff or the pool repairmen on their way home after work, or our neighbours. You were unlucky to arrive in Boracay just after a bad rainstorm which had caused widespread flooding on the island. It did not affect our hotel, but many of the roads in Boracay were flooded at that time. The worst was not the road in Bulabog, but the main road where vehicles could hardly pass. This was unfortunate, but beyond our control.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have chosen a lot of hotels in station 1. Then i picked palm breeze among 15 hotels. I was thinking of romantic, serene, and homey feel hotel away from the beach crowd since my better half is coming from overseas here at bora first time as I do. When we arrived Maricel the manager was so nice and hospitable. She's warm and friendly and always available to extend help in any form from drinking water to transport up to food delivery. My husband was so amazed about the beautiful villa, very clean beach view, quiet like we own it fr four days, and really comparable to a five-star hotel but getting the comfort of beach house too. We only have beautiful memories of our stay here and definitely we shall recommend this place to all frenz we know. Once we come back, there's no other hotel to go than Palm Breeze. I luv the bed, the pool, the beach view( we lie down next to each other watchin view, chillin out as punjabi music my hubby play) it's all ours and we could even imagine in white beach how people manage noisy passersby even in five-star hotel... Bora is nt enjoyed as a beach there unlike in palm breeze, one would feel i should own something like this. Entirely, we say thumbs up!!! We love your place. We could tell the difference afterall my husband came from new zealand ( beautiful beautiful country) and we went Pahia Island in north island nz still both of us find this villa's accommodation and location... PERFECT for us. Thank you to the warm staff, the prompt reply and generous discount of the owner Ms Julia and Mr Norman. Goodluck! Om sai ram! See you again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank P_Cali1008
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent a week at the Palm Breeze and it was lovely peaceful place to stay, far away from tourist crowds. A clifftop site gives it privacy, a lovely pool and garden with a view over the bay. The staff are happy and friendly, the rooms very comfortable with good internet and cable TV.
If you want to be in the thick of the nightlife on White Beach dont go there, but it's only 20 minutes away by trike. looking forward to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent a week at Palm Breeze with my two teenagers on a diving holiday. The hotel, as others have said, is a bit off the beaten track. For me, it was perfect, away from the busy-ness and tourism of the beach front. A lovely setting on a hill overlooking the ocean it was a very nice way to wake up.

The morning breakfasts were awesome, and I loved the banana pancakes. Service, led by Maricel, was extremely good, with assistance to order great Greek food in the evenings, tuk tuks, and advice on where to find things. They guided us to Willy's Diving that really made our trip.

It's about a 20 minute walk to station 2 on the other side of the island, or a tuk tuk can come to pick you up.

Of course, what also made our visit so good was the quality of the diving, the beaches, and the small island feel.

I'll be going back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family