“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stumbled on this place by accident and we were glad we did - the place we were looking for didn't look quite so great when we passed it later! Food, wine and service was all top notch.

2  Thank Phil S
Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

I am glad you had a great time in Dos Mestizos, we try our best to give our guests the best food and service. We are very happy you appreciate our efforts.

There are newer reviews for Dos Mestizos

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Really great food. Very warm place. Must go. Liked the place. The location is a little difficult but surely worth the find. Good wine too. Must order the deserts.

2  Thank Tkedi434
Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for finding us. We are glad you enjoyed our food and ambience and we are grateful you took time to leave a positive review for Dos Mestizos.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

On a previous review I mentioned that I rarely give five stars, but I feel I have to do it again!

My wife and I turned up last Saturday night after hearing good reports about the place. On arrival we were told they were fully booked but if we didn't mind sitting at the bar then we could do that...excellent! I always like an excuse to sit at a bar!

From the moment we sat down the bar staff took over, we didn't need help from any of the waiting staff as these two lads made sure we had everything we needed from drinks to food, even when they were busy. This is the kind of service I value.

Food wise we decided to take up the buffet offer. The selection was relatively small but had variety and tasted amazing. I'm not sure that spaghetti carbonara is an authentic Spanish dish (not when I lived in Spain) but I'll forgive it ;-) and it would have been nice to see mixed olives amongst the selection too, but that I can forgive.

In closing I'd recommend you try this place out.....and go sit at the bar!!

2  Thank Bansheeragger
Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for trying out Dos Mestizos and I am glad you had a wonderful time. It was a busy holiday season and I am happy the staff stepped up and did their best to give you top service. Will inform the two bartenders about your positive review. Yes, carbonara is not Spanish but we try to include at least one pasta dish in the buffet and we like to try other things for those who eat here regularly, I hope the Spanish can forgive us for this. Again, thank you for taking time to leave a review and for giving us 5 stars.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The live band was great. It took 25 minutes for us to get a basic appetizer that they kept telling us would take 2 more minutes. It started raining, we went inside. Great. The fish they brought out to me was warm and overlooked and the rice was cold). Ended up spending close to 80 minutes here for a meal that was so so.

Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

First of all, thank you for trying out Dos Mestizos and I apologize that your experience was not so favorable. Thank you for leaving this review so I can take it up with the staff so we can further improve our food and service.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

For delicious and beautifully presented cuisine, go to `Dos`. The service is professional and friendly, the atmosphere cool and the decor with its many photos is interesting. For such excellent quality, the prices are reasonable too.We all enjoyed the live music and of course we`ll be back.Thanks to all of you for yet another very pleasant evening.

2  Thank onkelgali
Universaltraveler09, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for taking time out and leaving a positive review. I see that this is your second time to leave a review for "Dos" and I am glad that you still find everything special and worth it. Thank you once again and I hope we get to meet each other personally on your next visit.

Niña and Binggoy