“Great food and atmosphere.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dos Mestizos

Dos Mestizos
Ranked #9 of 295 Restaurants in Boracay
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila, Philippines
“Great food and atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Really great food. Very warm place. Must go. Liked the place. The location is a little difficult but surely worth the find. Good wine too. Must order the deserts.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Tkedi434
Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for finding us. We are glad you enjoyed our food and ambience and we are grateful you took time to leave a positive review for Dos Mestizos.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Great place to wind down and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

On a previous review I mentioned that I rarely give five stars, but I feel I have to do it again!

My wife and I turned up last Saturday night after hearing good reports about the place. On arrival we were told they were fully booked but if we didn't mind sitting at the bar then we could do that...excellent! I always like an excuse to sit at a bar!

From the moment we sat down the bar staff took over, we didn't need help from any of the waiting staff as these two lads made sure we had everything we needed from drinks to food, even when they were busy. This is the kind of service I value.

Food wise we decided to take up the buffet offer. The selection was relatively small but had variety and tasted amazing. I'm not sure that spaghetti carbonara is an authentic Spanish dish (not when I lived in Spain) but I'll forgive it ;-) and it would have been nice to see mixed olives amongst the selection too, but that I can forgive.

In closing I'd recommend you try this place out.....and go sit at the bar!!

2 Thank Bansheeragger
Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for trying out Dos Mestizos and I am glad you had a wonderful time. It was a busy holiday season and I am happy the staff stepped up and did their best to give you top service. Will inform the two bartenders about your positive review. Yes, carbonara is not Spanish but we try to include at least one pasta dish in the buffet and we like to try other things for those who eat here regularly, I hope the Spanish can forgive us for this. Again, thank you for taking time to leave a review and for giving us 5 stars.
Dallas, Texas
“Wanted a lot more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The live band was great. It took 25 minutes for us to get a basic appetizer that they kept telling us would take 2 more minutes. It started raining, we went inside. Great. The fish they brought out to me was warm and overlooked and the rice was cold). Ended up spending close to 80 minutes here for a meal that was so so.

Dos M, Owner at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
First of all, thank you for trying out Dos Mestizos and I apologize that your experience was not so favorable. Thank you for leaving this review so I can take it up with the staff so we can further improve our food and service.
Xinbei, Taiwan
“Very Special Indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

For delicious and beautifully presented cuisine, go to `Dos`. The service is professional and friendly, the atmosphere cool and the decor with its many photos is interesting. For such excellent quality, the prices are reasonable too.We all enjoyed the live music and of course we`ll be back.Thanks to all of you for yet another very pleasant evening.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank onkelgali
Universaltraveler09, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time out and leaving a positive review. I see that this is your second time to leave a review for "Dos" and I am glad that you still find everything special and worth it. Thank you once again and I hope we get to meet each other personally on your next visit.

Niña and Binggoy
Shekou, Guangdong, China
“Best Spanish cuisine in Boracay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Awesome Tapas, great ambience and cool owners. The place had a personalized feel to it which makes one feel at home and relaxed while having great food.

2 Thank audiowitch
Thank you for leaving a favorable review. We are happy that you felt at home and enjoyed your visit. Thank you again for helping us spread the word about Dos Mestizos.