“Ignore the whingers!”

Ranked #98 of 322 Restaurants in Boracay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I find it hard to believe some of the negative reviews describing this as the worst place to eat on Boracay. I mean, do me a favour! There are many places with bland, tasteless food and bland pizzas from the likes of Shakeys, made with processed ingredients.
Yes, the service could be a bit quicker but the food was absolutely delicious. I have been eating curries for many years and it was one of the tastiest I have ever eaten. What people fail to grasp is that if you act like the whole world owes you a favour then you will be treated accordingly and rightly so.
I had the chicken madras which does come with the bones in but that is simply how they prepare chicken in the Philippines. It was extremely tasty and spicy (not dumbed down for the foreigners at all.....thankfully!), as was my wife's mushroom dopiaza. She asked for it to be made a little more spicy than the description and the chef did precisely that. The waitresses were courteous and helpful, explaining that one rice dish would be sufficient for the two of us. If they really are out to make as much as they can out of guests, as wrongly claimed by some aggrieved reviewers, then she would not have taken the trouble to tell us.
All in all a beautiful meal and as I am still in Boracay while writing this, I can't give it a better endorsement than by saying we intend to eat there again before we leave.
I didn't think the cost was excessive either so ignore the negative reviews and get yourself some delicious, tasty, spicy Indian fare at True Food.

2  Thank raybrahms1964

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Good indian restaurant beachfront, nice atmosphere good food and good service. I will be back soon!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2  Thank alex1974italia
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Honestly not the best indian i have been eating and the fact that all the tables outside were empty should have warned me. Price was reasonable, food not so bad, drinks so so but the service very bad.

2  Thank Bernardi C
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have to agree with yofobubu along with the other people who gave this a terrible review.
There is literally not one good thing to say about the place.

To begin, the service was terrible, we waited about 30 minutes before a woman came to take our order and even then she was ignorant about it to the point where I felt like saying "I'm sorry for making you do your job"!!!!

Next the starter came, we ordered samoso....it was like a cold ball of pastry, horrible.
Then the main meal, firstly the naan bread (pretty simple thing to get right) was not naan bread, it had bag of sugar added to it so it was like eating a cake.
The rice was cold.
Now for the curries, talk about deception, anyone who eats Indian food will know they are supposed to be kind of tick sauces with a blend of spices etc: what we got was, and I am not lying, a bowl of oil, chunks of tomato and bony chicken (philippine style)???? it was supposed to be madras.....this was the same principle for all the meals.
Out of the 4 of us, we all took a bite and left the diners after us.

Again back to the service, since my friend could not finish his uneatable meal he asked for a glass of wine, 20 minutes later he had not received it so he asked for the bill and then she brought the wine (only because she wanted to make the money).
When we got the bill we left the money in the book and got up to leave, the waitress ran (almost sprint like) from the counter inside out to the beach where we were to get the book, she was well able to move quick when she wanted.

Then for the real sucker punch, the PRICE.
It was the most expensive place we had all ate in the philippines, i think the final bill came to something like 5500peso for only 5 glasses of wine, two starters, two naans, four curries and two shared rice. The four of us ate together every night and the bill never exceeded about 3500pesos.

So to some up, it was the worst food I ate in all of the philippines, the service was the worst service in all of the philippines, the price was the most expensive in all of the philippines.
Do not go there, save your money and go somewhere else, I might suggest Ole up by Q-mall

2  Thank Hoffog
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The food was nice and we really enjoyed a meal a bit away from all the noise in crowded station 2. You sit, lay or whatever you like in big pillows on the floor which is perfect after a long day in the sun. It is great for vegetarians as they have a lot of nice veggie dishes. Having been in india several times i found the food to be authentic. Only weird thing is that they have several dishes that have nothing to do with the indian kitchen. We will defenately come back.

2  Thank feddersan

Been to True Food? Share your experiences!