“Fabulous!”
Review of Boracay Beach Club

Boracay Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I am a frequent traveller to Boracay but this time the hotel accomodation made it even perfect. Hats off to the staff of Boracay Beach Club from our first day (pick up from Caticlan Airport), welcoming staff -greeting you at the reception until the last day of our vacation, they were so accomodating and friendly.

What more can you ask: real nice room, amenities (new & well-maintained), great-tasting food and friendly staff. I thought it would be spoiled on our last night there as the AC bugged down but the reception desk is fast in sending off the maintenance man who in turn fixed the problem outright.

The breakfast is superb! Great tasting food and the serving is to indulge with. Breakfast served right at beach front or at the restaurant wherever you prefer.

I also commend the hotel staff who went an extra mile to ensure we'll be able to checkin for Cebupac flight goin back to Manila. We were running late going to Caticlan airport due to rains. They contacted airport personnel to meet us by the time we reach the gates of Caticlan airport. They made sure that we'll be accommodated in our airport checkin. Great service! Definitely a hotel you'll go back to.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shaigirl

Reviewed November 16, 2010

The BBC van promptly picked us up at the Caticlan Airport, got us to the jetty port for the short boat trip to Boracay; another van picked us up and soon had us at the hotel. The room was lovely, had free Wi-Fi and satellite TV and a welcoming bowl of fresh fruit. White Beach was just across the street, with tables and chairs right outside their club on the beach, "Ariel's House." The hotel restaurant had very good food, but a somewhat limited menu, but there were dozens of other eateries just minutes away.

Our package included a trip to "Ariel's Point," where you can see Boracay as it was fifty years ago. The craggy promontory has walkways carved into it from which you can access cliff-diving points, pristine diving and swimming lagoons, and areas where you can just relax in the sun or shade. Our trip featured a fantastic picnic lunch, including tuna caught by the hotel crew the night before, Filipino dishes, beer and soda. Ariel Abriam, owner of the BBC Hotel, was readily available to chat with and told us how he worked to preserve this area in its undeveloped, beautiful state. It was the highlight of our entire stay.

Other amenities with our package included sunset sailing on a native outrigger, complimentary breakfasts, drinks at the club, poolside massages and more.

We later learned that Ariel was an Annapolis graduate and served as a naval commander with the US Sixth Fleet. He turned down a position at the Pentagon, choosing to return to his native Philippines and build the Boracay Beach Club. He is also very active in the island's affairs, joining with others to develop Boracay in a sensible, sustainable and environmentally-friendly manner, seeking to avoid the stain of overdevelopment and sprawl so evident in other once pristine areas of the world.

As we were checking out and heading for the BBC van to get us back to the port and on to Caticlan for our return flight to Manila, one of the staff stopped us and took our photo. Just as we were boarding the van, Ariel presented us with a copy of the photo, mounted in a beautiful native-crafted capiz shell frame. It's one of our most treasured keepsakes from a very memorable vacation.

Thanx Ariel and Staff !!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank amazondan
Reviewed November 6, 2010

My wife and i did the 4 day 3 night package and it was really worth it, $399.00. Comes with coupons for daily breakfast with very good portions,8 drinks, beach activities, massage, all transfers from airport to hotel and back, and an excellent staff, the owener Ariel and wife always welcomed their guests, wonderful hosts, they even invited all the guests for a filipino dinner on our last night of stay, i don't think you can find anything like that elsewhere. Koi was very nice to us as he made us feel right at home,the rooms was very clean, the bed very comfortable, the massage very good , also a coupon for one dinner per stay, which was very good, and the location just a short walk from a beautiful white sand and crystall clear water beach, one beach that i would say is hard to beat any where, including Hawaii where we came from. also given to us at check out was a picture taken near the pool of the both of us in a beautiful picture frame. Can't wait to return.Again, thank you to all the staff. Ronald and Eufrosina Rezentes

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ronaldrezentes
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We chose Boracay Beach Club as the hotel of choice for our honeymoon and it turned out to be great. We opted for the 7D6N promo that came with landtour, sunset cruise on a sail boat, an hour of massage, 12 drink coupons and 500pesos worth of dinner voucher each. Good value considering most hotels located around boat station 1 were priced at a minimum of SGD200 per night.

We got clean room, prompt service, good meals (breakfast was so-so) and wonderful drinks, which was exactly what's needed for a holiday. It's right in between boat station 1, which made it a good location for long walks towards boracay west cove and close enough to boat station 2 where the party scene is.

Hotel is located one tiny road away from the beach front. Takes you 2 minutes to reach the beach. They also have a beach front restaurant where you can dine, get your drinks and lay in the sun!

Made use of our 500 pesos dinner voucher on the last day, and the kitchen whipped up a fantastic meal for us. We had the steam lapu lapu, fried vegetables (they initially didn't have what we wanted and they customised something for us), and the fried pata (it was very good!) Kudos to you Koy! (no he's not the chef, he's the owner who also oversees the kitchen)

Mimi and Koy, thanks for making our stay so wonderful and memorable!

3  Thank nicmarrymic
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I chose Boracay Beach Club as the destination for my beach wedding in the Philippines for 2 very simple reasons: 1) their rating on TripAdvisor, a reputation well earned which they more than lived up to, and 2) of all the resorts I spoke with attempting to plan this event, BBC was the first (and only) resort to listen to everything I asked for, the first time I asked for it.

When your initial email correspondence with any staff of a hotel is positive, when the staff shows themselves to be thorough and attentive to detail even in your initial contact, you know you're in for a great stay. Between their high marks on this website and my first impressions, my expectations were very high. I am happy to report that BBC exceeded those expectations in absolutely every way.

BBC generously agreed to host a very small, intimate wedding for me on their beachfront. The entire thing went off without a hitch, the setting was gorgeous, the food was phenomenal and the staff was absolutely spectacular. It was only after my wedding, when they asked me if I was happy with the results, that I learned it was their first ever wedding!

It just goes to show that when the staff genuinely cares for the guests as human beings, when they listen and truly pay attention to detail....nothing is impossible.

The rooms are simple and clean, the food is truly fantastic, their bar-staff are some of the best I've encountered in this part of the world, and the owners are gracious hosts who are thrilled to interact with their guests.

Although their pool area is lovely and inviting, and although the rooms are clean and very pleasant, with tasty food and cocktails on an open beachfront that you'll never want to leave....what really makes the BBC special is the staff. You will feel like a cherished family member from the moment you arrive. The day after my wedding it seemed that almost every staffer on the property found their way to me and my new husband to extend their personal congratulations. The ladies who planned and executed the entire event were overjoyed to take part. Although I brought only a few guests with me and most of my family was unable to attend, I felt like our marriage was surrounded by the love of many people...all thanks to the employees of the BBC.

I hated to leave after only one week, but I look forward to repeating my visit sooner than later. Thank you, Boracay Beach Club, for giving us a beautiful wedding and so many wonderful memories.

3  Thank cmarchibald
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We went on a two week vacation to the Boracay Island and stayed at the BoracayBEACH CLUB! I can not say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay! The people at the hotel are incredibaly friendly and accomadating to every need. The food was delicous, the hotel was clean, the location was beautiful and the service was great! Highly highly recommend the Boracay Beach Club!!!
AND .... make sure you do not miss ARIEL's POINT!! This place is just spectacular!!!! We loved it so much we went there twice.....and would have gone more times if we had more time! This is a MUST while visiting!!! Its a day excursion which includes food and drinks! I'll come back and upload a picture from my other computer ...
Can NOT wait to go AGAIN!!!
Nicu

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zenovika
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is our last day of our stay here at the BBC and having stayed here since 2008, each year the hotel has got better and better - not that it needed to improve!!!! the service is still fantastic and this is excellent value for money. The variety of packages suits all of our needs and especially Ariel's Point which is a unique feature to this island and exclusive to the BBC. It is excellent value for money as you have an all you can eat buffet and non stop drinks all day for price of 1200php or 1000php if you are staying at the resort. The owners are fantastic and sooo approachable!!!!!! they really could not do enough for their guests, which just makes this resort so wonderful to stay.

I have read some past comments with people saying that this is not value for money or that it is still expensive which i find quite annoying! we have stayed at various hotels around the world and at different levels of star ratings including various on boracay and this far exceeds many of the more expensive resorts i have stayed at!!!!!!

We would finally like to stay a big thank you to ARIEL and MIMI, for a fantastic stay and we will be back same time next year for our longest stay!!!!

John & Lini