Ariel’s house (a.k.a. Boracay Beach Club) is a warm, family owned accommodation just 10 steps away from White Beach. We loved every moment of our 4D3N stay at BBC. The staff did a tremendous job of spoiling and taking care of our every request and need! The place is new, and probably not more than 2 years old.
Pre-trip: We booked a 4D3N package directly thrgh the hotel’s website and received a 10% discount off the total price. They replied within 48 hrs, and only required a non-refundable deposit for about half the amount of our package (most places require full payment that is non refundable).
Further more, when I was trying to book our connecting flights at MNL to get to Boracay, the staff kindly called up the airlines for me to find out the min. connection time recommended, and whether Cebu Pacific operates only in one terminal (makes the transfer easier – if you’re not taking Cebu Pacific you need a short cab ride which is hard to get at 4am in the morning!).
Already, I felt that our every need would be taken care off…
Arrival/Departure: We arrived on time and were met by our cheerful guide/driver, who assisted us with all the necessary transfers (short trike ride, followed by a boat transfer to go from Caticlan to Boracay). Thereafter, he drove us to Ariel’s house. On our departure out, he also drove us back and escorted us all the way to the airport (part of the package deal); even stopping to get us mangoes to bring home!
We arrived at 930am, and having caught about 2-3 hrs of sleep while waiting at MNL airport from 4-7am for our connection, we were utterly exhausted. The BBC staff had a room ready for us to rest and freshen up, and we were super thankful for the chance to do so!
We took a nap, and showered up to check into our own room after it was ready (conveniently located on the first floor, so no dragging suitcases up and down the stairs since they have no elevator) by noon. At that time, we were given our itinerary for the package, which included
- 10 free drink coupons (abt 1000 php worth, super good deal cos we used them while relaxing on the beachfront area along White Beach while we had breakfast and worked on our tans =P)
- dinner coupons worth 800 php (we used it to order room service for the 1st night as were still exhausted), 1 hr massage in the room (these masseurs were the BEST! We had massages every day elsewhere and these two hired by BBC were the BEST!)
- sunset cruise (beautiful cruise with your loved ones – mind you, it’s more like a wind powered catamaran so don’t have visions of a motor powered boat that can take 20 passengers and give you ice, drinks and a deck to stand on), and
- banana boat ride (super fun, we loved it!). Definitely go for the package if you have a chance – we did some sums and it was well worth the incremental price that we paid!
During the stay: We made a few requests, including late check out (till 230pm on the day we left, cos of our late aft departure), transport to NAMI resort for spa and dinner (Mimi, the wife of Ariel, is a good friend of the owners of NAMI), plenty of beach towels, change in massage timings and extra linens to drape our bed while we were getting in room massages (not from BBC for that time round – as an aside if u get an outside masseur to give u in room massage they have to pay 50 php to enter the premises so rem to pay your outside masseurs a lil extra). Each request was promptly met with a smile and quickly attended to!
Security: There’s a guy who’s stationed there 24 hrs, so you feel safe and secure. Always greets you with a warm smile and opens the gate for you (we avoided going thrgh the restaurant with our sandy shoes!)
Lounge/restaurant: We ate at the beachfront part of the restaurant every morning, and it was perfect, watching the waves just 20 steps away and enjoying a gorgeous blue sky morning with your loved ones. We did wait in the lounge area beside the bar/restaurant at the main building for one of our activities, and they have a neat fooz ball table there. Just ask the counter staff for the ball! Also, one of the nights, after returning from our NAMI spa and dinner, we came back to see that the restaurant tables had been cleared and a salsa party was ongoing! We jumped in and danced a couple of salsa tunes before heading back to our room. It was fantastic, spontaneous fun and absolutely great!
Location: Simply perfect. 10 steps from the beach, so you’re shielded from the noise and activity that goes on till 2-3am in the mornings, and can get some peace and quiet. They also have a small pool that’s perfect for chilling out and relaxing near your hotel room. We didn’t use it but saw plenty of guests who did. Also, Station 1 is a good location ‘cos it’s quieter compared to Station 2. Ariel’s house is only a 10 min walk away from the action at D’Mall and Station 2, and you have less touts at Station 1. Perfect location (and just beside Jonah’s milkshake, reputably the best fruit/milk shake place in town!
Other tips/great memories:
Food: Eat at Aria’s at D’Mall, Station 2. We had our best meals there and went back twice despite the numerous food/restaurant opportunities. For the best nachos stop by Manana restaurant located along the beach – the best nachos in the world! For dessert, go to Zuccini (greek restaurant) near Station 1 for their molten chocolate lava cake (takes 20 mins to prepare).
Spa: romantic dinner experience: Head to NAMI and tell them before hand so they can put you in the exclusive cabana (we were told it used to be part of an outdoor spa, which unfortunately was blown away in a typhoon some years back!). Try to get there in time for sunset – the view is 180 degrees and to die for. We missed it ‘cos we arrived for our massage late =(
Travel: Go thrgh Cebu Pacific. Their planes are new (better than SE Air, which we took for Caticlan-Manila leg). Also, you can just stay within Terminal 3 as all Cebu Pacific’s domestic and international operations are in the same terminal. This will help you to avoid a cab ride (albeit short) and lugging your stuff in and out of airport terminals. Also, you can probably do all the necessary boat/trike transfers, but if it’s your first time in Boracay just ask the hotel and they can arrange it for you.
We have decided that we will return to Boracay in future, if only for a longer period of time (at least a week!). We can’t think of a better place to return to, and are already looking fwd to coming back to Ariel’s house (we want to visit Ariel’s point this time!) and the warm hospitality of BBC. Thanks to Leahlyn, Hazel and all the staff at BBC for our absolutely unforgettable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boracay Beach Club is a family-owned and operated 27-room resort located just footsteps away from Boracay's famous White Beach in Station 1. Listed in Travel + Leisure magazine's "Top 25 Secret Seaside Getaways," the Boracay Beach Club features a beachfront lounge (across from the main property), a family-friendly swimming pool with cabanas, and a full-service restaurant. Additionally, all 27 rooms have laptop-compatible digital closet safes, in-room refrigerators, flat-screen cable television, and thick European-style duvet comforters. The Boracay Beach Club is your home away from home in the Philippines! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA and Orbitz so you can book your Boracay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boracay Beach Club Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Beach Hotel