“A Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“A Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

I just returned to Japan from 8 days in the Philippines and 4 nights at the Boracay Beach Club, with my wife and teenage son. We arrived there on December 21 and left on Christmas Day. We stayed in a suite room at what we felt was a reasonable price. The hotel was beautifully designed, the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly and always helpful. The owner, Ariel, and his wife were great hosts, adding a personal tough to the trip. They invited everyone staying at the hotel to attend the Christmas Party for the staff gratis with abundant food and drinks and even gave everyone Christmas presents. What a surprise for the night of our arrival! The location was fine, an easy trike ride to anywhere and right across the street from the best beach we have ever experienced (This was our 4th trip to Boracay). A beach front building was due to open any day now, across the street from the hotel and restaurant. That would make the place even more attractive. The only caution I may give is for those not familiar with the Philippines. The hotel does its best to make arrangements for snorkling, or etc., and they will tell you the price. However, both times we did that, there were unexpected add ons. Don't be upset--that is just the way it is there, and it is not the hotel's fault. The funniest was the water-skiing one. We asked for training because our son was an absolute beginner. Two people, one the "teacher" were on the boat. Once on the boat, we were told it would cost us another 500 pesos (over the 1500 pesos for 15 minutes, which we anticipated) if we wanted him to jump into the water and help. Don't ask me how he could have helped from inside of the boat. Of course, we felt we had to pay it. There is no sense getting your blood pressure up over such things--just get rolled with the waves! What a great place Boracay is, overall, and what a great hotel BBC was!

• Liked — The beauty and cleanliness of the place, the staff, and the free wireless internet access.
  • Disliked — Nothing worth mentioning.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank SParr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2008

I think what I liked most was that it was, for a small hotel, very well run. I expect friendliness as a given (especially in Asia) but the staff here were good and everything ran very smoothly.
We stayed in a family room and it ticked all the boxes - decent beds and linen, clean and spacious. Only criticism was the shower (no bath) which sometimes had poor water pressure and the bathroom toiletries which were not promptly replenished.
Facilities were fine - there is effectively a nice residents lounge and a pretty decent pool.
Location is good, you are almost on the beach although the strip with the best choice of restaurants is actually on the other side of D'mall which is quite a long way - we tended to get a trike back each night after eating.

• Liked — Well run
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Ginch
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

I went to BBC last May 2008 with a couple of friends since we had a convention on the island. Overall, the resort was great!

Location - The location, which is Station 1, is the best place to be in Boracay. Station 1 has the best Boracay sand and the widest shore. You will still get to enjoy the island both during high tide and low tide... The resort however, is not beach front. Because you have to cross the street from the resort to the beach, you do not get to have a good view of the beach ... or better yet, (because BBC does not own a space beachfront) you couldn't have the pleasure of sitting in front of your resort to lounge on shore. The resort however, is a 1 minute walk to the beach. So you can just bring your own towel / mat and create your own space in the beach!

Facilities - It is a new resort. Everything is new, the furnishings are new, the bathroom is the best! Seems like the furnishing were picked out very well. There is also a pool where you can lounge around if you do not want to swim in salt water. There is also a bar in the resort called Ariel's House. Probably the only air-conditioned resto/bar in the island.

Staff - Very nice and accommodating.

Price - Very affordable (compared to all the beach front resorts in Station 1).

• Liked — Facilities
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Doralicious28
Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at the BBC for three nights and we love it!! Nice, small, friendly family operated hotel for the right price. Our room was spacious and very clean. I liked the location of the hotel right across the street from the beach. The staff took a picture of me and my girlfriend as we were checking out. To my surprised, I was given a copy of the picture, framed!.
Nice touch guys !!

We'll be back!!

• Liked — Staff, clean large room, location, price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank akCharly
west sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

It was really important to me to find a nice place for me and my boyfriend in Boracay as it was both our first time over there. I have been to the philippines many times because my family is from there but my it was my boyfriend's first time and i wanted him to really relax... and we really did!

I was practically booking the hotel from blind as i have never been to boracay before. When i was looking at hotels and various places to stay, the boracay beach club were so helpful and informative. Very detailed and prompt. The hotel staff were soooo friendly when booking online and very accommodating when it came to putting a deposit for the trip. They were working in Pesos and Dollars but we sorted out a deposit no problem from our UK bank to the paypal account.

When we arrived in boracay, we had someone to meet us off the plane from the hotel and all the transfers were smooth and fun for my other half as it was his first time in a tricycle! The place was really nice and as we came in low season we had the place mostly to ourselves. We could swim late at night and were given fresh towels when we needed them for swimming or heading out to the beach, which is about 1 minute walk from the hotel!!We could not fault the service, the breakfast etc - yummy.

Booking extra activities was easy with them and worked out cheaper than trying to go with some places.

All the thingsincluded in our package was such good value! Sunset sail, banana boat ride, massage etc etc. We would definately come back again and we are looking to go again around the time time next year. The place, the people and the island made a memorable impression on my boyfriend and im so glad that he wants to come again with me. We stayed for 5 nights, 4 days but still that was not long enough!

• Liked — value for money and amazing customer service
  • Disliked — view from our room but then you spend most of the time out!! so it did not matter soo much
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pinayling81
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

Stayed here with friends who had kids and this was undoubtedly the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed at - nothing was a problem for them to organise and it really felt like we were geuninely welcomed.

The hotel is great value for money espeically if you get the pacakges with boat trips, dinner, sunset cruises etc. It's not 5* but very clean and has everything you need at hand.

It has a nice little pool that is great for chilling around but is also across the road from the fantastic white sand beach where they also have sun loungers and parasols etc for guests.

Big bonus too was that they will come and meet you from the airport on the mainland and accompany you - which is great for 1st time Boracay visitors.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Charleyquant
Nytram
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

Although not my first time in the Philipines, this was my first trip to Boracay and I have to say that the hospitality shown by the management & staff of this establishment was exceptional, this included all the staff from the front desk (even prior to my arrival) bar & service staff & housekeeping, they were so helpful & friendly and made me feel a part of the "BBC" family, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Boracay Beach Club and will most certainly make ever effort to return, thank you all for a memorable week in paradise.

Martyn Kirk.

• Liked — The great service & attention offered by the management & staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo