“3 C's: Cozy, Clean, Convenient!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Boracay Beach Club

Boracay Beach Club
Ranked #8 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
“3 C's: Cozy, Clean, Convenient!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the BCC back in March this year (I know, why review this just now?! LOL!) for a friend's destination wedding. This was where most of the guests were booked so we decided to get ourselves booked for 4 days there, as well. Good thing we did!

We booked their airport transfer so the moment we got our luggage and stepped out of Caticlan airport, we were immediately taken care of by a hotel rep. This made the otherwise stressful transfer from the airport to the jetty and on to the island then to the hotel...completely smooth. The guy took care of buying tickets and paying for fees for us so we just sat and waited to be herded on to the next step.

The hotel.
Pretty small, but definitely big enough for Boracay standards. It's on station 1 but it's not beach-side so you would actually have to cross the street from the hotel to the beach. We didn't mind it...at all!

The room.
Pretty big, which completely took me by surprise given the standards of most Boracay hotels. My friend and I had a queen-sized bed each. But the best part was that it was VERY clean!

The Bathroom.
Very clean, as well. Hot/Cold shower with plenty of water!

The Bed.
Comfortable and cozy. The duvet was just enough for a great nights sleep after a partying all day and all night.

The Staff.
Friendly and accommodating. They were just so nice to us!

The Food.
Other than breakfast, we didn't really get to sample any of their food. But their breakfasts were really nice...offered on the beach at their beach-side cafe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelling_Noypi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Emerald, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Absolutely the best place to stay for a vacation in the Philippines. Our small family were made welcome from the moment we walked into the reception. The food is well presented, both Western and Filipino styles. Our room was spacious, comfortable for the four of us and had all the amenities of a good hotel. Being located across a small road from the beach, and a short trike ride to D'Mall, was a blessing as you will get a good night's sleep. We enjoyed a swim in the pool before going to bed. There's plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance, even a large amusement park and Go Karts you can ride up a nearby hill for a fantastic 360 degree panoramic view of the island. The resort will also take you to Arials Point in their large boat where you can jump into the sea off jumping boards built into the rocks between 3 and 15 metres above the sea. I suggest you wear sandshoes for walking on rocks, and you will get wet getting on and off the boat. The all day trip included drinks and BBQ lunch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I spent seven days with the great folks at Boracay Beach Club. We've been all over South East Asia and the people at BBC have been by far some of the friendliest and most accommodating hosts we've had. Paul picked us up at Caticlan airport and quickly got us to the boat launch, on the ship and to the hotel with great speed.

BBC is right in the middle of White Beach, an easy walk on the sand to d-Mall and other busy spots or up to the quieter end of the beach near Friday's. It can get a little noisy once the nightclubs next door get going (Guilly's and Cocomangas). You can hear their doof-doof-doof from the rooms at BBC, so be aware of that. Also, there is construction happening as they build their new bar on the beach. (One thing about Boracay—there is always some sort of construction taking place and they don't bother to stop at peak hours—say lunch or dinner times—not sure why as it is very irritating when trying to have a nice meal.)

No, they are not right on the beach, but they do have a bar and resto beachside (that's just across the street, not far at all—you can even have your meals out there).

Our room on the second floor was cleean and spacious, though it didn't have a view of anything but the tin roofs next door. The food was great (definitely try the vegetable chips and the tuna with mango salsa from their dinner menu) and they were very accommodating for substitutions on our meals.

The one thing we weren't impressed with was the wireless internet connection. They have free Wi-Fi in-room, poolside, in the lobby/restaurant and beachside. Unfortunately, the connections constantly drop out (if you can even connect at all). Part of it is bandwidth (breakfast and cocktail hours are the hardest, middle of the night is the easiest to connect) and part of it is just weak routers/signals. Just be warned: if you absolutely MUST be connected for work, this will be very frustrating for you.

It's not a resort on a secluded beach, but for the price it is easily value for the money. The hospitality and accommodating friendly staff are what give BBC it's unique vibe. Grace, Nermal, Markee, Steve, Paul, Doy, Hazel and the rest of the staff are the main reason we'll be back to Boracay Beach Club on our next trip to the island.

- Amazing and friendly staff
- Value for money
- Good food with great flexibility on your orders
- Private beachside bar and restaurant

- Construction ongoing at beachside bar/resto (as of Oct 1, 2012)
- Wi-Fi connection is intermittent at best
- The clubs nearby can get a little loud

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms get more sunlight.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffWRich
Quezon City
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a wonderful 4Days/3 nights stay at BBC.We arrived early in the hotel because we have an early flight to Caticlan from Manila.They offered a room where we can stay since the room that I booked is not yet ready & check in time is at 2PM.I think that it is a very nice gesture from them since we have to wait 6 hours before our check in time.Our first day is also my birthday, the day was not wasted because we were able to rest/sleep first and enjoy the rest of the day

The location is great eventhough it is not a beachfront hotel,You just have to cross the road and the beautiful beach of Boracay is there.They have a bar located at the beachfront where you can stay and order food (you can eat your complimentary breakfast there) or if you just want to relax and watch the sunset or the beautiful blue green water.It is very near Willy's rock,which according to them is the most photographed landmark of Boracay.A church is also near the Hotel.There are also sari sari stores,restaurants, & fruit shake stand near the place.

The pool is not big but for me is just about the right size especially for our two year old kid.We specifically chose a hotel with a pool because right after swimming in the sea we also want to take a dip in the pool before going to our hotel room.As you enter the hotel building,our room is the second room on the left which I called a room with a private pool because the pool is just a few steps away and no one was swimming everytime we were using it,probably because it is a lean season. .

The check in was fast.We were just asked to fill up some forms and asked to wait in their restaurant where they gave us a welcome drink & cold towel.After that we were assisted in our room.The staff at the reception was courteous and always smiling.All the staff smiled & greeted us everytime they see us.The check out was fast and easy,since we were also leaving early on our last day they provided us the bill statement the night before for us to be able to settle it early morning before we check out.Markee,the staff at the reception assisted us in our check in and check out and I would like to commend him for making it smooth & hassle free.

The value for money is ok & I think it was worth it because the room was big (we stayed in a deluxe family room with two queen beds) and comes with a breakfast ( great selection of breakfast with a complimentary congee & fresh fruit everyday).Though I can only say that about the value for money during our stay since we came on a lean season.I think they have much much higher rates on a peak season.

The room was clean,housekeeping came everyday to clean our room.The hotel is quite new compared to the ones I stayed before.The pool was clean & the restaurant serve delicious food.The wi-fi signal in the restaurant is strong but on the room I wasn't able to connect the whole time we were there.If you stay here you will get a discounted rate in Ariel's point, it is one of the perks in staying at BBC.

I think it is also worth mentioning the surprise birthday cake that they gave me on my birthday.It was very thoughful of them and also very sweet.I can say that as mentioned by other reviewers because it is family owned ,you can experience a homey feeling when you stay at BBC.I was the one who chose to stay in this hotel,my family seemed to agree that I made the right choice and when we go back to Boracay we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor is much accessible to everything (reception,pool & restaurant), more c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Prior to our Boracay trip, I had a hard time researching and deciding which hotel to book because I wanted this trip to be perfect and seamless. Boracay provides limitless options for accommodations (from budget hotels suited for people who enjoy backpacking style to the very luxurious hotels & spas for people who want to be really pampered & can afford the enormous price that comes with it). I wanted somewhere in between. And Boracay Beach Club was the perfect choice for what I had in mind. While our room cannot be considered as overly luxurious, it was squeaky clean & very spacious, was furnished tastefully and had everything that we needed.

I really loved curling up in bed with their heavy European-style duvet comforters and I think The Husband did too. I suppose our restful sleep each night were mainly because of their comforter and of course the very comfortable mattress. I also appreciate the short but comprehensive guide that they put in your room. This booklet contains information about what to do/where to go in Boracay. It’s really helpful especially to first-time visitors of this island and yes even to second-timers like us.

Another amenity that I really enjoyed in this hotel is their swimming pool. Of course we did enough swimming in the beach but during the night-time, we’d usually head off to the pool for a nice little dip. One downside though is it isn't very child-friendly as there were no lifeguards around. Parents must monitor their children at all times.

I also liked their roof deck which is a good spot if you are looking for another peaceful & quiet place apart from your room.You can also opt to eat your meals here (either you bring your food or order from their in-house restaurant, Ariel’s House).

The hotel staff were also very attentive, polite and friendly and always had a ready smile — from the receptionist to the servers, the guards and even the workers of their beachfront restaurant that’s currently being constructed. But yes, the on-going construction of their beachfront area is quite an eyesore and isn't good for background when taking photos.

All of our special requests (like having breakfast earlier than their designated time) were granted without the slightest hint of irritation. They also greet us by our first names and promptly notified us that Southwest Tours Boracay had called to confirm our pick-up time for our departure. Even the billing statement we received was personalized and was written like a thank-you letter. I appreciate small but thoughtful gestures like these. We felt well taken-cared of without being fussed over. I can say that we had a very wonderful stay in Boracay Beach Club and I would love to stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: the hotel is not beachfront so don't expect to have a beautiful view of the beach. However booki...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Micah E
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I chose BBC because of the great package they offered. 3 nights 4 days, breakfast, drinks, banana boat ride, sunset sail boat and in room massage all for two people at a very reasonable price. It was an amazing trip, not only because Boracay is absolutely beautiful, but because BBC made it so. We didn't have to worry about getting to and from the airport because they took care of it all. We really just had to enjoy our trip and not worry about a thing. Just the way a vacation should be. We visited in February 2012 and BBC's bar was under construction, which was disappointing. I'm not sure if it's fixed by now. The hotel is located across the street from the main strip, which is nice because it's quiet. GREAT service and friendly staff!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went to Boracay for vacation in June with a group of friends, one of whom booked the Boracay Beach Club based on Tripadvisor reviews. This hotel definitely earned it's good reviews. We unfortunately arrived a day when it was storming, arriving at the club exhausted and drenched. Club staff were waiting with towels for us and juice drinks. Rooms were very clean and high quality, and an excellent value for the price. The staff is very helpful in providing advice and booking for fun activities on Boracay, and their laundry service is really quick. It's located at station 1, and most of the bars and clubs are located at station 2, however it's not a far walk and it's much less noisy than the hotels in that area. I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends