“3.5 stars”

Calypso Diving School
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering Diving & Land Safaris along with any activities you may wish to do during your stay on Boracay Island. We make trips to Monkey Island, Maniguin Islands, Panagan Cays & Apo Reef for Diving, Tibiao Waterfalls and Zip line over land. We can also organize any specials trips you may wish to do.
San Francisco, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“3.5 stars”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The dive shop was well appointed, the lady running the front desk was very helpful and informative. Darwin was my dive master. He was patient and did an actual buddy check. After the dive he made no mention of my logbook. I thought that was standard. I shouldn't have to ask for that. But in comparison to the other dive shops, which had truly lackluster customer service, this is probably one of the better outfits in Boracay.

Visited March 2014

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Dive masters are average at best”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We went on two different dives with this dive company and they were average at best. The guys in the dive shop are great but the dive masters would rather be asleep than diving. The first dive was with a dive instructor half Pilipino half Swiss - he seemed like he would rather be sleeping than diving. My friend also asked how to get a refresher and he was completely unhelpful.

The second dive was the worst dive we have been on - we are bot advanced divers with 100+ dives. It was 30 meters and it was a roughy entry and exit because their boat is not for "diving" it is extremely dangerous to enter and exit- though I am not sure it is different than any other dive company in Boracay.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank B K
Paris, France
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great diving school”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took Padi open water course with Calypso diving school : the instructors are very serious, the staff are friendly. Thanks to our instructor, the training was understandable and we enjoyed the divings. We also dived in different locations.

Visited February 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place, Great fun!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Boracay for a week holiday and were thinking of doing a couple of dives having walked up the beach to see what centres there were. Once we saw Calypso we realised it was the most established and professional looking outfit and decided to book 2 dives with them........

3 days later and 13 dives between us we had to stop as we were heading home!

The dive masters were ace and looked after us both and arranged sites for us both to dive on, despite us having different levels of qualification. The staff were incredibly flexible with our bookings and couldn't have been more helpful.

The food served at the front of the shop was absolutely exceptional!

All in all, great place, great staff, wonderful food and a lot of fun.

Thank you to Chris and his team!

Visited October 2013
Kyoto, Japan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of the more established diving centres here in Boracay”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

There are loads of diving centres as you walk along white beach and some look abit dingy and equipment is quite old. As you walk past Calypso though you'll see that it's one of the more established and well equipped dive centres here at station 3. It's at the same location as Calypso resort and I did my peak performance buoyancy course here having not dived in a while and feeling rusty. My instructor as Jed, a female Filipino dive master. She was humorous and knowledgeable and clearly enjoys her work very much. Both dives were off a speed boat minutes from the beach. They have 3 dives a day, at 9am, 11.30am and 2.30pm. If you're considering diving here at Boracay, Calypso is definitely a good choice. :)

Visited December 2013