“Labor Day weekend”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Labor Day weekend”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My first time in the Philippines and Boracay didn't disappoint. Sunny side cafe was the best most memorable place I ate in. Exquisite food and a very helpful and friendly owners and staff, if I'm there again, I'll definitely visit

1 Thank Hesh E
nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing a review for The Sunny Side Cafe!

We're glad you had a good time at our restaurant and also in Boracay :)

We hope to see you again soon!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“A reason to come back”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went to Boracay for my second Labor Day weekend and was heavily decided on staying in Station 1 near the Sur area. To my dismay, this year, it turns into a rave pit at around 8pm, as opposed to last year's Labor Day when that area was very chill. Good thing my boyfriend booked at Pito Huts (a minute walk from Sunny Side) and it was very refreshing and relaxing to have good breakfast, away from the crowd. The price on their meals are reasonable, considering that they have big servings. In Tagalog: SULIT. We shared a bacon and eggs platter and the classic french toast. Spent around 500 bucks total. Ambiance was chill. Bacon was superb. Their french toast had really good muscovado syrup served with it. TWO THUMBS UP. I even told the owner to open a branch in Manila. I'd definitely come back to Boracay just for breakfast here!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cara S
nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing a review for The Sunny Side Cafe!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and that you find us great value for your money. We're also happy to see that you liked our bacon as we make all of it in-house. And finally, it's great to hear that you think we're a good reason to come back to Boracay!

We hope to see you again soon at The Sunny Side :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of a kind”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A refreshing kind of place near the beach...one of the best places to enjoy breakfast.. not crowded.. their assortment of freshly baked bread and homemadenspread will definitely make your morning a really special one..

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank esmetuts
nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing about The Sunny Side Cafe!

We're glad to hear you enjoyed our food. We hope to see you again soon!

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A rose amongst thorns”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The beachfront near station 3 is crowded with same same bar/cafe/hotels offering awful deep fried / overpriced seafood fare. The Sunny Side is however an exception to this and offers amazing breakfast and lunch fare - we're from Sydney and I have to say it's as good if not better than some of our favourite cafés there. The owners and all the staff are extremely friendly and obviously passionate about bringing modern, healthy and tasty food to Boracay. Of particular note is the great coffee there, they do a mean espresso with two options for the type of beans - an exception to the usual nescrappy goop that I've been offered in other cafés on the island. The food is spectacular, the eggs are cooked to perfection and the bread is artisan style and very flavoursome. This is only our third day of seven but I think I've already found my usual breakfast spot whilst on this magical island.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank warrencammack
nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing a review of The Sunny Side Cafe!

It was great to have you and your family in our restaurant and we are humbled by your kind words. Thank you for coming over and having breakfast/lunch with us every day of your stay on the island. We hope we were able to help make your trip a memorable one and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Boracay.

We hope to see you again soon on The Sunny Side!

Nowie
“Your Boracay must visit cafe ;) ”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Try their massive pancakes, flavorful drinks, and savory breakfast foods! Try the beef tapsilog and espresso pancakes :) Meals are served in big portions and the staff & owner are friendly and accommodating, this place will definitely bring a sunny side to your Boracay experience! ;)

2 Thank Stephanie B