“Great place to stay in boracay”
Review of The Strand

The Strand
Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed May 7, 2008

From the White Beach, its located in the northern most tip of the Station 1, around 2 more minute walk to the north of Fridays Resort. Its a short walk at the back of Boracay Terraces and Punta Rosa Resort. NOT beach-front. The road in just outside the resort is not yet paved so its a little awkward to walk there when it rains.

The hotel/resort itself is great because its very quiet, staff are extremely nice, place is immaculately clean, very homey, its like your home away from home, the resort mascot (dog) is very friendly too. The resort-in-the-middle-of-a-garden effect is great and i loved it. There is a small viewing deck at the top of the resort (ask the staff for the way there) and the view of white beach is terrific. I only eat there during breakfast because it comes with the package and I thought the food is not bad. Our company stayed there for our summer outing and the resort staff are really helpful and attentive. The pool is also great, they said its salt water pool but it didn't taste salty at all. BUT its very refreshing, to the point that you'll want to just stay in the pool and avoid the beach :D

Though the resort itself is great i have some cons like the shower is not that strong, but they said that the whole island is having trouble with water supply so they will just bring in water to our room (in very big buckets/containers). I thought not bad as long as i have water when i needed one. Then the other not so problem i encountered is, its far from the main D'Mall area (for shopping & restaurants & night-party). The resort's shuttle is not free (i guess around P250/one-way) but the tricycles outside the resort (go to beach area) is P75/one-way to D'Mall area (center of Boracay). But if its raining hard, he price goes upto P100/one-way. Alternatively it's a leisurely walk if its not too hot (mid-day) to center of boracay. OR hire the shuttle of nearby resort Punta Rosa for only P150/one-way *wink*

For some Boracay Pictures you may want to visit this site: [--]

Over-all we all loved our stay there and I'll definitely comeback with my family. It's also perfect for honeymooners by the way :D

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank superkatol
There are newer reviews for The Strand

Reviewed March 29, 2008

The Strand was just as relaxing and pretty as the photos on their website. (http://www.boracaystrand.com/thestrand1.html)

The staff was really nice and helpful, but also let us have our privacy and relax. The location is a bit off the beach, but it's really easy to hail a motorcycle and sidecar, as well as a short walk along a stunning beach to get to the busier boat stations. But I thought is was extra relaxing to be a bit removed from the hustle and bustle, so it was ideal really. It was really easy to rent a boat right from the strip of beach closest to the Strand (which was also really quite and private) and go snorkeling or just sail around.

We only ever had breakfast at the Strand, and I thought it was really nice. Nothing amazing, but good--and it was such a great way to start the day buy having it brought to our private balcony! The pancakes and yogurt/granola breakfast were both good, and the guava juice yummy.

The pool was really great too, and even though it doesn't look massive, it is plenty big enough to share with other groups. The fact that it's open all day and night is really great too.

Mainly, the grounds were stunning, the rooms clean, simple, and elegant, and the staff were really, super nice. We aren't big party animals (and Boracay is a bit of a party scene), so we found the relaxing atmosphere of the Strand absolutely perfect--close enough to get in on the action, but a bit more private and quiet than being right on the busy beach near the boat stations.

I would 100% recommend this hotel. It has a nice family feel to it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kate_portland
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Just spent the weekend there, and really can't find much bad to say. Super clean, super friendly, super quiet!!!! I could go on for awhile but I think the point is made. Seriously, the rooms are great, nice spacious living room with fan and A/C, great bedroom with an extremely confortable bed... I think the only critic I could find was the shower which had rather low pressure. At the same time, it is essential to conserve water so in the end it is probably not soo much of a bad thing. Breakfast served by the pool or on your terrace.
I fully recommend it to anyone who wants some peace and quiet during their sleep time. I emphasize sleep time as being a little bit outside of the main D-mall area didnt stop me from long nights of partying but did allow me some sleep when that is what I was longing for. I will go back ASAP.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seroshk
Reviewed October 4, 2007

It's a beautiful place and a real resort with trees all around the estate...not like the cement structures you can find in the more populous areas of Boracay.

Kinda far from the hub of station 1 but once its infinity pool's running, you don't need to venture far, unless it's to forage for other cuisines. Service-wise, couldn't ask for more...it feels like hacienda living with very, very attentive and warm staff. I love them!

The beach is a minute or 2 away, but the sand quality seems much better than elsewhere, whiter and finer. Cleaner beach too and more private.

They have a multi-cab you can use to drive you places or a trike terminal less than a minute away if you want cheaper transpo.

September's not the best time to go to Boracay though, if you want to swim on the beach and sunbathe, but best for boogie boarding, skimboarding, kiteboarding and other "strong-wind" activities. ;)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam A
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Not on the beach but close to it. At north end of White Beach,
which has the best sand and is quieter than the rest of White
Beach. Must take a tricycle or walk a bit to restaurants but
I didn't mind this.

Modern building, clean. Nice garden. Friendly staff. Veranda is
great. Stayed in one room suite, which has a bedroom and
living room. Living room is sunny with high ceiling. Great for
lounging. Bed is quite comfortable.

Enjoyed my stay very much. Highly recommended. Got a low
season discount of pay for 2 nights, stay for 3 nights. Very
good value for money.

Only drawback was the pool was under construction while I
was there. But still I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Boracay.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkiem
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I was initially apprehensive about staying here because this resort was at the end of Station 1 and seemed too far, but I got a promo rate similar to what other low-end budget hotels in Boracay offerred, so I decided to try it out. And, boy, did they exceed my expectations! Most times, photos in the hotel websites look better than the actual things. This time around, the actual thing was waaaay better than those pictures.

ROOMS: The rooms are new, very clean, and furnished excellently. The decorations are tasteful, done in this minimalist European style. A lot of Boracay resorts tend to scrimp on their bed linens, but here they have brand new, high quality linens and even a duvet! There were a lot of times we went back to the room planning to just change then go out again, but ended up napping because the rooms and beds where so inviting!

BATHROOMS: The bathrooms are also very clean, with quality fittings. Water pressure was very strong & the shower head has those massaging features, which was very good for my sunburn! There is hot & cold water in both the shower & the sink. They provide towels (also new and still very fluffy) as well as basic toiletries.

SERVICE: Excellent! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they even anticipated our needs. A few minutes after boarding the boat to the Boracay pier, I got a call from the staff so that they could explain to me how to get to the resort. It rained the first day we got there, & before we could even ask if we could borrow umbrellas, someone was already waiting to lend us umbrellas and even a flashlight in case we got back late. The next day it was sunny, and as we went down from our room to go to the beach, they were ready with beach mats and towels to lend us. You can also borrow DVDS and books for your beach reading.

FOOD: We only had our breakfasts there since there were so many restaurants to enjoy in Boracay. Someone would wait up for us each night to ask us to choose our breakfast for the next day, + what time we planned to eat, and they would prepare it right before we eat. I would rate the food 4/5 -- it's nothing special, but it's prepared fresh and ingredients are fresh as well so I still like it. You get juice, coffee/tea/milk, your selection of main dish (ex. tapsilog; or sausage with toast, butter, jam; or muesli), and some fruits. There is a sari-sari store on the road outside the resort for cheaper items.

LOCATION: Normally, I would stay in a Station 2 resort and troop to Station 1 daily since the sand is better there. This time, the best part of White Beach is just 1 minute away from The Strand! The sand is very fine, the water is clear, and you have the beach to yourself! For reference, it is next to Fridays resort, at the back of Boracay Terraces Resort. Just around the cliff is Diniwid Beach if you want to explore it.

If you want some action, you can always walk or take a trike to Station 2. It is about 30 minutes walk to D'Mall. Transportation is not a problem since there is a trike station right outside the resort, where you can get trikes for rent (you have the trike to yourself so this is a bit more expensive). If you want to save money, you can take one of those public trikes that ply the main road regularly -- we normally walk from the resort and cut into the main road through Waling Waling or Sea Wind resort. Fare is 10 per person to get to D'Mall.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank schmux
Reviewed May 9, 2007

We have been to Boracay on numerous occasions before. Most often, we would stay at beach front resorts close to the center of White Beach. This time around we thought of trying something different, and must say that we were all very pleased.

The Strand is located on the northern tip of White Beach. All it takes is a few minutes stroll to probably the best area on White Beach. Here, you will find no crowds, a lot of privacy and a fantastic front seat to bora's world renowned powdery white sand and crystal clear waters. After all, it’s the beach that makes this island so unique and beautiful.

We were a group of 3 families that each booked a one-bedroom suite. The beautifully newly built units were unusually spacious and could comfortably accommodate our family of 5. The sizeable master bedroom probably had the most comfortable bed, pillows and linens in the whole island. The shower had strong hot and cold water (uncommon on the island). I liked the idea of having a small living room/kitchenette which doubles as a bedroom for the kids at night. Right outside is a private veranda with a ceiling fan where you can also relaxingly hang-out. The Strand is located in a lushly wooded area with tall shading trees perfect for a lazy afternoon siesta in a hammock or a massage in the veranda.

The staffs were all courteous, friendly and more than willing to please. Each request was politely acknowledged and attended to promptly. Breakfast was freshly served in generous quantities. The kids most especially loved the European style cheese omelets, breads and imported jams.

Our group’s overall experience at the Strand was very positive that we plan to return with a bigger group next year.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family