We recently went to Boracay and stayed in Discovery Shores. The place was recommended to us by a friend who frequents Boracay and has high standards in every aspect of a hotel stay. We went with 3 of our little toddlers.
We ABSOLUTELY LOVED the place!!! We were RELAXED. All i remember is my kids playing in the beach by the HUGE beach chairs in the shade all day long. the water was shallow so even my 2 yo could walk out pretty far. (depends on the weather and the wind) The sitting area has alot of trees so kids played so happily.
I'm not sure if this will be permanant but they constantly brought out complementary bandan drinks and sometimes ice cream and chicken skewers through out the day while we were on the beach. it was great because we were there the whole time with our little kids!
the transport from the airport to the hotel absolutely BEATS FRIDAYS. you don't need to think or do anything to get to Discovery. just show up with your bags and the Discovery ppl will find you and take you. if you were headed to fridays, you would have to catch a ride (and pay) and ride the crowded non airconditioned boat. each time you'd have to tip the bag people from one point to the next.
Part of the restaurant opens to the powdery beach so we let the kids run around while we ate. They do have the kids lunch menu. around 100php i think. not too expansive. breakfast was included in the $210 rate. and it was good. not GREAT or not POOR. i can't complain. kids were happy with the food. and we were as well.
the pool area could use alot of trees. it is just way too sunny to swim in the pool with sun shining directly down on you...
if you want some privacy i would ask for the upper area, which is far from the pool and the beach and would have to take the elevator. otherwise, ask for the lower deck.
There were some inconsistencies in service. my friends got foot massages. i didn't. my friends had "personal beach assistants" and i didn't. seemed that some were created with a traditional dancers, we weren't. i think basically if you go during the weekday when it's alot less crowded, you'll have a superb service. if on weekends, alot less.
nw, i would DEFINATELY go back. it was awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel