“Excellent hotel, cleanest beach area, pampered service!”

Discovery Shores Boracay
Ranked #5 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
philippines
“Excellent hotel, cleanest beach area, pampered service!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The most luxurious hotel in Station 1, Boracay! I stayed at Discovery Shores for 3 nights with family for my father's birthday celebration. Plush Interior and wonderful architecture. We got 2 Junior Suites (3 persons per room): large and very clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds (even the extra bed fixed near the window), and over the top amenities (e.g. radio, coffee maker, ipod cradle, flat screen tv, etc). When we went to our rooms we were welcomed with goodies (cookies and chocolates) and a refreshing Pandan flavored water, and complementary foot spa! Everyday they gave us complementary snacks :).
Great pool with complementary refreshments and towels while sun bathing. Best quality of sand and cleanest area in Station 1 even after the rain and high tide. Quite far from the night life, clubs, shops, and majority of restaurants, which were in Station 2, however, the hotel has shuttle service to and from the other establishments and it is still walking distance so what the heck.
Tried breakfast and dinner (Mother's Day buffet) at Discovery and the food was superb! Great lighting during night time! What an unforgettable experience. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if budget is not a concern :). It is all worth it if you want to relax and be pampered in Boracay! Perfect for honeymoon and celebrations such as wedding and anniversary.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jme-jme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2009

As I gathered my thoughts to reflect on my 3 day stay in Boracay, all I can say is that if there was a 6th star I would give it to Discover Shores. My birthday was on the weekend of my trip, so I decided to treat myself to the best of what Boracay can offer - I visited & reviewed sites such as these and found Discovery Shores as highly rated. I can truly confirm that Discovery Shores is highly rated because if you want paradise - they will deliver you paradise. Don't get me wrong ... paradise will cost you a premium - but its a premium you will be delighted to spend. I was able to book a four day stay on their 1 bedroom premier suite with the private balcony & Jacuzzi. This was my first trip to Boracay & I felt I might need some help. So before I arrived, I requested for a staff to be my main contact person incase if I needed assistance or I have questions or if I need to make some special arrangements. Discovery Shores readily provided me with one & I was so happy that I did. It was Mr. Gubala that offered his services to me & he even gave me his personal cellphone number. On the day of my arrival, my flight to Caticlan Airport got diverted to Kalibu due to some aircraft overshooting the runway. All diverted passengers had to wait on which flight we can be squeezed in - so the only thing I can do was update Mr. Gubala on which flight I would finally be accommodated in. Arriving in Kalibu added another 2 hour trip to get to the resort - but Mr.Gubala took care of everything ... and I mean everything. The moment I arrived there - there was already a staff looking for me & an air conditioned van waiting for me and my party. We did not wait for any other guest - as soon as our baggages were secured, we left. Same thing at the seaport - we did not wait, the boat left as soon as we were seated. A guest commented on this forum about getting wet - lol, if you have $2 - you won't get wet & not even sand on your shoes ... a staff carried me over his shoulders for 15 meters on a low tide to get me to the boat. When we arrived at Discovery Shores - refreshments were already waiting & more staff to greet us. More snacks when we got to the room (btw no dieting in DS pls) & Jay our personal greeter gave us a quick tour of the resort & an orientation on what our suite had to offer. So about Discovery Shores - if you think the resort looks great on the website - wait until you get there ... you'll be taking more pictures, I can assure you that.
Station 1 location - I think DS got the best spot. Discovery Shores will redefine your expectations for beach settings, you'll greatly enjoy - the crystal clear waters, the white luscious sands & staff ready to spoil you. About the food - take the guess work out of it & let the waiter order for you (I basically ordered what they recommended). Homer, our waiter at the Indigo restaurant - suggested the "Golden Crusted Seabass" - it will be among the best seafood you'll ever taste in your life. I wanted to try a private romantic dinner setting with my friends - Jonell at the front desk suggested why not use my private balcony patio to full effect. They will charge you extra but they will be able set the candles, tables & provide you with a private waiter so the services at the Indigo can be brought to your room. Marvin, our private waiter, I also basically let him order for us. World-class dining is all I can say for the ambiance, the food & the quality of service. But to top everything else (I thought the dining experience was already tops) when I got the bill to sign for the dinner - Marvin, happily told me that on behalf of DS management they waived the dining set up charges & the private waiter fee because they just found out that in an hour or two it will be my birthday. WOW - just simply wow, I don't know how they found out but they did. I was deeply moved, so I still wrote in the charges & gave it as an extra tip to Marvin for his excellent service. Going the extra mile I guess is a habit among the staff here. On 2 incidents I told housekeeping no need to clean my room because it was hardly messed up - they'll smile & say yes - but as soon as your not in your room & they have a reason to go in (like setting the private dinning & the other, I wanted my bag returned to my room) - there's like a Special-Op housekeeping unit that will rush & tidy up your room anyway. For my birthday at 2AM in the morning - I just wanted to be at the beach, enjoying the sea breeze, the stars, a couple drinks & my MP3 player for music to keep me company. At that time, I swear if you have someone you love with you - the place can produce magic !!! The beach was well secured even at that time of the day - you can easily see the security officers at a distance. I reserved & paid for a 4 day stay but I had to cut my trip a day short due to an unforeseen family emergency. Guess what DS did? They understood my situation & did not charge me the 4th night. That's a business management with a heart if you asked me. So for my experiences - that pretty much closed the deal for me ... that when I will be in Boracay - there's no other place to stay but Discovery Shores. The staff has hands down earned the 6th Star for Discovery Shores.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank SparrowUnit
Manila
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed in Discovery Shores Boracay last May 10-13, 2009 and truly loved the place and the people. We booked a two bedroom suite which had a spectacular view of the famous sunset and cool blue waters of the Boracay. The moment we hit the plush bed, we didn't want to get up anymore! And actually that's what we did on our first night - just spent some time in the suite and ordered room service as we had everything we needed - spacious and comfortable receiving and dining area, cable, wifi, a welcome wine and cheese platter and lots of snacks (dried fruit, cookies, pili nuts) which gets replenished every day. The breakfast buffet was also great and I kept going back for the cheese platter for dessert. The people were very friendly - they often greet you no matter how many times you've passed each other in the hallway.

We often choose to stay in Station 1 as we just want to chill and bask under the sun during the day, and this we did a lot of right after breakfast. Yes, it's true, they do clean your sunglasses and fold your clothes the moment you decide to hit the waters. And there's always something being offered, whether coffee jelly as a snack, or cucumbers and orange slices for the face while napping. I also tried the signature massage of Mandala Spa, which was very soothing and healing.

If there were any hiccups, it's our check out experience. When my boyfriend was settling the bill, the front desk agent was in a not-so-cheery mood as compared to the other staff. Considering that we are checking out and it's the last impression that we'll get from the hotel, you'd expect a smile somewhat. She was a bit grumpy even.

But over-all, Discovery Shores is so nice that I am already looking forward to my trip back next year. I love Two Seasons and Discovery Shores. I think that's about the two hotels I'll ever stay in Boracay.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank vanillarama
Bangkok
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Discovery Shores Boracay is a hotel that defines luxury. Located on the coast of the island of Boracay Phillipines it meets every luxury travellers need, from 7 star living, to pampering service, and more. The rooms are large in size with space and are extremely luxurous. The hotel opened only approximately 2 years ago (it is still developing). Recently the hotel was name one of asia finest luxury accomadations. When entering the hotel it is as if one is entering ultimate paradise. Yes this hotel now is pirced high because of the amount of popularity it had gained in 2 years. The hotel has plenty of attractions around it such as shopping, restaurants, outdoor activties such as ATV riding. After a long day of shopping and outdoor activities nothing can beat a spa by the sea watching the sunset in Boracay. A real lover of luxury and fantasy should visit this calm, eden wonderland. This hotel has earnt its respect and is really worth. I was disappointed when I had the day of checking out had come.
www.discoveryshoresboracay.com/

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — No vegetarian food
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank The7starhoteller
dbinasia
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Boracay is no longer a secret, to be sure, but there are still havens of island grace to be found, such as Discovery Shores. The hotel was under construction during my last visit, nearly three ago. Any concerns I had then about the modern and sizeable construction underway disappeared on first view of the finished product. The design is respectful of it's surroundings, with open sightlines and light colors blending beautifully, and keeping focus on the beautiful beach and Boracay skies.

The tone is set early on, from the refreshing cool towels on the boat to the welcome drink and foot massage upon arrival. The staff is eager to please, and sincere in their efforts. The rooms have all comforts & conveniences, tempting you to nest, but the many windows and natural light remind you what's calling outside your door! Special thanks to Chiqlet in Guest Services whose patience was tested working with airlines to re-arrange our flights when we (naturally) wanted to extend our stay. Also to Rhodalyn, who pampered us at every turn on the beach.

Well done and thanks to all, you have raised the bar! We'll see you again! David & Lyn

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbinasia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Discovery Shores with two friends of ours over Christmas 2008 and had a blissful time. We really wish it wasn't so far away so we could go more often! The friendly service is absolutely amazing - it's seems like there are double as many staff as there are guests (and there were a lot of guests over the holidays!) and they are all so incredibly warm and nice and go above and beyond what is expected (they would wash our flip flops every time they saw that they were sandy - which was a lot!). The beach is beautiful and the ocean by the hotel is really nice to swim in. And there are lots of places to eat when you walk down the beach about 10-15 minutes (go left out the hotel down the beach) which was nice for when you were wanting to try somewhere other than the hotel. The rooms are palatial and the beds are really comfortable. And we loved our terrace too. We really can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jrp9f
Shanghai
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I recently stayed two weeks at Discovery Shores and I had to write this review to let anyone interested in a five star hotel in Boracay know that this is the only place to stay on Boracay. The hotel is very new with wonderfully decorated rooms in a fabulous location with excellent food, wonderful amenities but most importantly and even more impressive is the friendly and attentive staff that is always ready, willing and able to take care of you. The small things that the staff do daily like folding your clothes, cleaning your sunglasses, bringing you desert each night, providing water, cold towels, etc. etc. etc. simply make your stay there better than any other hotel I have ever stayed at. While their rate is higher compared to other properties on Boracay it is absolutely worth the extra money to stay at this wonderful resort. I wouldn't even consider another hotel on this beautiful island. Indulge yourself and stay at Discovery Shores and be prepared for the vacation of a lifetime. Its by far not only the best hotel on Boracay but perhaps the best experience I have ever had at any resort anywhere in the world.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple