We stayed at the Discovery Shores for 2 nights (almost 3 full days) in the beginning of March for our first trip to Boracay from the States. We had planned 5 nights in Boracay and spent the first 3 of them at 7 Stones on the other side of the island (see separate review). Discovery Shores was a bit pricey for us which is why we did only 2 nights, and we felt it was well worth the splurge and loved our time there. It was a beautiful resort, location was great, the staff were amazing, and we loved our room. Everything about the resort is top notch as others have mentioned - the lounge chairs, the service by the ocean (we never went in the pool, can't comment on that), and walking through the resort everyone is so friendly. I was happy to see that they also did happy hour buy 1 get 1 drink every night which we took advantage of watching the sunset. The only thing I will say is that you could literally stay at that resort for everything and not really get a sense of the true "boracay" as it could be a beautiful resort anywhere, and since we were there during high season it was pretty crowded however we only really noticed it the days we came down late for breakfast (which was also very tasty!). I'd suggest going down the beach for some meals, which we did for dinner, to explore d'mall and the more "touristy" section and then coming back and loving the peace and quiet!
All in all, we would definitely return to the Discovery Shores again and were sad to leave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel