Discovery Shores Boracay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fridays Boracay(Boracay)
1,496 results
All reviewspandan waterindigo restaurantfoot washevian waterfoot massagejunior suitecaticlan airportturn down servicecold towelsbreakfast buffetlittle thingsboat ridewhite beachfree shuttle serviceprivate boatbeach barjetty port
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm not sure how anybody can give a poor or terrible rating for this resort. The rooms were top notch for this area of the white sands beach. They do not have microwaves in the room but I think I have an idea why. Most of the local people we talked to outside of the resort said Discovery Shores has good customer service & are friendly. The staff there was very good to us and enjoyed having our 2 little boys (3 years & 6 months) around them. They always great you when you walk by and always looking out to make sure you enjoy your time there. The manager Victor was really polite & down to earth type of guy. I was able to have few nice conversations with him. A nice helpful gentlemen named Jigs helped out with all the outside activities on the island. The food was a little pricey but I expected this so it never bothered me as the more upscale the hotel the higher the beverage & food prices. The free morning breakfast was one of the best I have encountered in my trips to the Philippines. There are so many places to eat along the white sand beach & D'mall that you will have a hard time deciding where to eat. It is getting very busy in Boracay so this is something the island is going to have to start to look at as being over crowed can be a pain (mind you we went in early January). There is lots to do on the island if you are into water sports. My favourite beach was Puka beach because of the big waves. Be careful with your children around this beach as it can get deep and when rough dangerous. The white sand beach in front of Discovery Shores is perfect. The water depth & sand quality is the best I have every encountered. There are enough security there to keep outsiders away. I picked this place because it was close to the D'mall and had a long white sand beach you could walk along. Is it perfect no, but very places are. Would definitely go back if or when we visit Boracay again. Boracay should be on everybody's list of beach places to visit in my humble opionion.

Just want to add a note, my favourite place for fish and chips is Tilapia'N chips at one of the D'mall entrances closest to the street. It is the American/Canadian style fish & chips that I finally found at Boracay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Jonda1,

On behalf of the Management and staff of Discovery Shores, I would like to thank you for a very thorough review of our resort, and of Boracay island. I cannot help but smile while reading your post. I am also planning to print this out and post your review in our employees canteen so that our people will know that their efforts do not go unnoticed. Thank you for inspiring them.

Yours sincerely.

Rosanna

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went there in Oct and stayed for 4 nights. As I touched down at Caticlan airport, I had to book an additional land transfer which took me to a jetty about 2hrs away. I took a 5min boat ride (resort's boat) to the island and travelled by another 20min via van. Upon arrival at Disovery Shores, I was immediately ushered to the Junior Suite room & did my check in there. The room was spacious and it overlooked the pool. There was even a small balcony. In addition to the welcome desserts and drink that was prepared by the resort, the icing on the cake was definitely the in-room welcome foot massage by their staff, Christine. Breakfast is held at the Sands Restaurant, which literally allows you to enjoy your meal with powdery white sand between your toes! They have an area on the beach with sun loungers which allows you privacy and yet at the same time, be so close to the gorgeous sea. What's notable was also the beachside butler service. One of their staff, Jigs, was particularly helpful as he not only gave me tips on places to check out, he was also very attentive like preparing water, folding my beach towel, sweeping the sand off the sun lounger and constantly checking to see if everything was ok. There were a couple of security staff who patrolled the area. What I liked most about Discovery was its friendly and attentive staff. The Asst F&B Manager at Sands remembered how I like my coffee prepared, the driver of the resort shuttle service was super helpful in helping me find out where I could get Polvoron. The resort is located away from the main area Station 2 but it provides a shuttle service to drop you off at popular places like D'Mall (about 10min ride). It was such a joy to be able to wake up everyday to the sound of waves, having your morning coffee with the shoreline just metres away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pamthl
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is a perfect place to base your self when staying in Boracay. It's at the quiet end of the beach so you can walk out with being hassled by people selling stuff. Its a short walk along the beach to restaurants and all the nightlife attractions of Boracay. The rooms are quite large and the amenities are great. The beds are huge and so comfy! The breakfast buffet was great, huge selection of freshly cooked omelets, pancakes, and waffles. If i returned to Boracay i would stay at this hotel again.
Try the Mochacolada at the beach bar! So delicious!

Room Tip: Get a pool side room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dewith87
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is our second stay at Discoverys and its right after Yolanda (typhoon).

Nothing has changed as infrastructure goes. They haven’t done anything new in the last two years since being here.

We previously stayed in a junior suite right next to the pool and we thought that location was excellent. This time we stayed in a 2 bedroom premier room and it was magnificent! There were tons of room, plenty for 5 adults and 1 child. There were two bedrooms 3 bathrooms. The two en-suites have baths in them and the third bathroom only has a shower.

But then reality kicked in when we had to walk down to the beach. There are stairs, and lots of them. There is an elevator but unfortunately it was not working and even if it was working it was only going to eliminate a quarter of the stairs.

Last time I stayed here I could not fault the service, but this time it has changed dramatically. It could have been because of the typhoon and that’s why I put up with it. The complimentary foot wash that we were all looking forward too took forever to get there. I ended up calling them to see when they were coming to give us the wash as we wanted to go and get lunch and enjoy the few minutes of sun left. Finally it arrived after about 15 minutes of the phone call.

While we were there I noticed that they were lacking in pool and beach towels. I stood around for a while dripping wet waiting for someone to hand me a towel or anyone that I could ask one for, but there was on none. This happened a few times.

There was an incident that we were not too happy about. My uncle, who is a Filipino, was with us and my husband had noticed that although the staff would bow and greet us they would not do the same to my uncle. My husband on the second or third day had to have a talk to management about this and it was rectified. Although it mended it had put a damper to our stay and had made me rethink about my opinion of Discoverys.

We did not like the food here at all. It was pricey and not at all very versatile. There are plenty of Filipino foods which I liked but was very pricey and other dishes were not very nice at all. I think they may need to rethink their menu. I liked the fact that you could order the exact same things in your room that you could sitting on the beach, pool or restaurant.

The breakfast has changed for the better though. The last time we were here there wasn’t much variety to the food but this time the menu changed daily but still kept the staples eg, breads, eggs, noodles and cereals.

In total I love Boracay, but I’m not sure if maybe next time I should try another resort. I guess time will tell.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank aprad140303
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel makes me proud to be Filipino. The staff was amazingly humble, generous and classy. My beautiful girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a magical experience. The beach was the best among the entire White Sand stretch. The beach side pampering was amazing. Rex was the best beach side host. Bee Jay was the kindest breakfast waiter. We absolutely loved our stay. I so much miss the hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2013