“Amazing and Lovely.”

Discovery Shores Boracay
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel makes me proud to be Filipino. The staff was amazingly humble, generous and classy. My beautiful girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a magical experience. The beach was the best among the entire White Sand stretch. The beach side pampering was amazing. Rex was the best beach side host. Bee Jay was the kindest breakfast waiter. We absolutely loved our stay. I so much miss the hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Fernando B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 lovely unforgettable nights at the Discovey Shore. The best part of this resort is that it has only few rooms compared to humongo resorts so the facilities are well maintained and restaurants and the pool/beach aren't crowded. Staff is friendly, always smiling and hard working. We stayed at a room with a fabulous view of the ocean. Once we arrived, there were snacks and beverages prepared in the room and a nice lady came to give us relaxing foot baths. One thing I remember is that when I was lying beside the beach the hotel staff came to clean my sunglasses ! Also if you order food while at the beach they prepare a romantic table for you on the sand right beside the water. Dinner buffet on the last night is complimentary. The theme of the buffet changes everynight, I had Australian which was quite tasty. Breakfast is also high quality but not much variety. Again, I hate crowded hotel breakfasts but you can have a quiet relaxing breakfast here. The structure of the resort is unique; entire resort is on 2 levels of ground, the beach and restaurants on the lower level and some rooms on the upper level surrounded by lovely garden and fountain. The hotel`s complimentary van takes you and picks you up whenever and wherever you want to go on the island. The massages at the resort spa is expensive and ok quality. Also their private boat picks you up and takes you to the mainland which is very convenient. Overall I highly recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxing luxurius vacation at Boracay!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 나랑 홍
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Would highly reccommend...we had a fantastic stay in a beautiful location. Service was excellent. Loved it and would go back. Rooms were beautiful and setvice great. What a nice place to visit. We loved the really nice older gentleman at the front desk, he went above and beyond to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mllj03
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Let me start by saying that I should have listened to my wife on this one. Secondly, I am about as country as anyone can be so it is not hard to me impress me! My wife insisted that we book Shangri-La and me being on the frugal side when I booked decided to go with Discovery Shores. Discovery Shores is just okay, but it is nothing like Shangri-La!!! It is like comparing prime cut steak to spam...just no comparison. My buddy listened to his wife and booked Shangri-La... needless to say we spent all of our time at Shangri-La and only used Discovery Shores for sleeping. For what you get between the two...the price difference should be more significant. Discovery Shores is overpriced in my opinion. The main differences: Shangri-La has elevators to your room...Discovery has stairs(not good after a few drinks). Shangri-la has too many pools to count....Discovery has 1...When you enter Shangri-La...you are completely WOWED by the experience...(the layout of Shangi-la absolutely Breathtaking) the staff and the measure of securtity....ABSOLUTELY NO WOW FACTOR AT DISCOVERY SHORES....The room was not at all warm or inviting..it was not cozy and we felt like the blinds offered very little privacy and let in too much light.(easy for peekers to see in). Oh yeah my buddy had a tub and shower and we had a shower only.Breakfast buffett was below average! Only 1 reason in my opinion when you would choose Discovery Shores over Shangri-la: and that is that your only concern is that you want to be close to all the action and not have to use the shuttle to get where u need to go. So if you are just partying..then go to Discovery Shores...Don't make the same mistake I did!

Room Tip: no tips to offer
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Timothy H
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay in Discovery. Compared to Shangrila, Discovery's location makes it a notch better. With the white beach just a few steps away really makes a lot of difference. Ice cone and pastry available all morning side pool is a big come-on and high up there in likeability for children. Rooms are cleaned twice a day. Sweets and cookies are replenished everyday in your room. Shuttle is available any hour. Call for pick up wherever you are. We went to Regency to see the tunnel aquarium not at par with Hk or Sing or Us ocean parks bt its in Bora so that will do. We were there and picked up by Discovery van. Will definitely go back

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank franchesca112
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Arrived after hours but staff are waiting and ready for us including midnight snacks. Our party was 80+ for a family reunion occupying probably 20 units. This resort is world class in amenities and quality of service. Our 2 level Family Room is super spacious and kids enjoyed the balcony spa. The poolside was so inviting and we stayed there all day. Spa was best among the rest. The resort organized a white party in a custom tent built in front of the hotel by the beach. Program includes fire dancers as other tourist stopped to watch our private party. Food was delicious and fresh. Liquor and beer was flowing. The band was awesome. I am still missing the customary greeting where staff place their right hand in their chest. It was a memorable experience and highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank royramos0706
Reviewed November 2, 2013

a poolside junior suite could have made our stay perfect. otherwise everything is worth the cost of staying here. great welcome service, good breakfast spread. only downside is that they left the complimentary afternoon snack at the patio, the banana fritters were full of ants when we returned from a stroll.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family