My first time to Boracay and I came with my 13 yr old daughter. Our flight to Caticlan was canceled and we had to take another plane to Kalibo. Do not fly to Kalibo, 90 minute bus ride on a road with a lot of curves. Not the hotels fault but I called the resort when I found out and they had someone meet me in Kalibo to let my know the staff would be waiting in Caticlan. They were and that was nice because it was 10pm. They hired a boat to bring us across the bay. They had a shuttle bring us to the hotel. They had a welcome drink as we arrived, walked us to the room and checked us in the suite. Great service the entire 3 night stay. Room service was good, we both enjoyed breakfast in the outdoor café each morning. My only complaint was that there were a lot of flies, they need to work on this. We loved staying at the resort and lounges on the beach. The attendants were great, good service and watched our stuff while we went in the water. They helped arrange a 2 hour snorkeling trip on day for us which was fun. We took the shuttle each night to the D mall for supplies and dinner. The room was very nice but I thought the couch was not that comfortable. The Wifi was hit and miss, driving my daughter nuts! They need to work on this. Out on the beach the wifi worked better! We would stay again but it is pricey so I wonder what the difference is if we paid half that price as most resorts were charging? You are paying for great service and they did deliver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel