Discovery Shores has quite a bit going for it looking at it from a distance or from a walk down the beach, but once you compare this hotel to the Shangri La there is NO comparison. The Shang makes the Discovery look like a run down motel compared to the beautiful Shangri La, where even the pricing is comparable.
We were picked up quickly at the hotel and after taking a 10 min van ride, 5 min boat ride, we were whisked away to Discovery. Five star hotels (which this used to be, but should be given a 3.5 now) is all about the details. The reception offers you wet towels and a cold drink upon arrival and then quickly leaves leaving you with your hands full and wondering "where do I put this?" Sounds frivolous but that's a tip of the iceberg. Rooms are quite nice and spacious. This is the redeeming factor of this property.
Beach area is well kept, but the property itself seems to had better days, suffering from poor construction and inadequate drainage. Our last day there we experienced water everywhere.
Food was less than desirable. You can get much better meals at Aria where D Mall is. The breakfast buffet was a five on a scale of 1-10.
The pool was nice, but nothing special.
Again for the money, go visit Shangri La. Much better value for your money. This property is listed as a Small Leading Hotel, which I have no doubt used to be, but should be reviewed by the association once again. Not in my book. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel