“Stop looking, you've found the right place to stay.”

Discovery Shores Boracay
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hands down the nicest place to stay in Boracay.

Location: It's on the best beach on the island, close enough to Station 2 that it's easily accessible but far enough away so it's quiet.

Rooms: Bright, spacious, modern, well kept, amazing bed and pillows.

Staff: So friendly and attentive. They've obviously gone through rigorous training to get their positions and it's clear they take pride in their work.

Facilities: Great spa, nice pool but the hotel is set on one of the nicest beaches ever so what more do you need?

Extras: Definite attention to detail everywhere you turn; from the personalized welcome pack in your room to the sweet snack left at the 5pm turn down which is different everyday.

Kids: Very kid friendly and my hat goes off to the rocket scientist that came up with the idea of starting both the kids activities and happy hour at the same time (4pm daily).

Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Supermodified
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear supermodified,

Thank you very much for posting this in Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you took the time in pointing out what you loved about Discovery Shores Boracay. It is always nice when people notice and appreciate the big and little things that we do for our guests. Our staff will be delighted to learn that all their hard work will always be rewarded.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Leeds
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent Service... Cozy and awesome suite room...
We've been to Boracay many times and have stayed in several new and good resorts at station 1, our last visit was this April with my husband and 8 more friends who are also couples. We are fascinated by the service of Discovery Shores, the moment we arrived in Boracay . Just like the other first class resorts in the island , Discover Shores has their own private shuttle and boat to transport their guests via private port . Cold towels , drinks and snacks are served when you board the boat. Upon arrival at the resort, we are greeted again with a welcome drinks. Each suite has a personalized welcome greetings , sweets, ( which is replenished daily) pandan water, that is really refreshing and a basket of fruits. They also give a complimentary sunblock ,shampoo ( of good brand ) and a bag which me and my friends find very useful. An invigorating foot scrub is also done upon checking in to our room, free of charge. What so amazing is that they clean the rooms at least 3 times a day without the need to request , every time you get back to the room it's always tidy and fresh . Just Relaxing at the beach area will satisfy your stay, with the attentive staff giving beach towel and setting up the beds for you, serving cold water , and will even give fresh cucumber and orange to refresh your face while chilaxing at the beach. A staff will even clean your shades and sunglasses for you. They also serve complimentary pica pica at the beach area. The room includes free buffet breakfast which offers many food varieties from appetizers down to desserts. All the staff of the resort are warm , attentive and helpful. Though a bit pricey ,I can say that you really get your money's worth in this resort. If budget is not a factor , this resort will be a great choice.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but those on the 2nd or 3rd floor have more privacy since the resort is modern an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sheng_Reforma,

Thank you very much for your post. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that your Boracay experience was memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Yours sincerely,

Leeds
Resident Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Comfortable. pleasant. clean. We had the best time in Discovery. I would definitely go back to Discovery next time i visit Boracay!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank yangning
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I took days researching where to stay in Boracay, looking at many locations and price ranges. Finally I made the call on the Discovery Shores largely because it was my girlfriend's birthday so decided to splash out a little (SGD$530 / GBP265 per night after taxes). I can honestly say it was the smartest move I made!

Upon arrival at Caticlan Airport we we're met by the hotel staff, fast-tracked out into a waiting private mini-van and taken to the private jetty to get the private boat (with drinks and cold towels). Within 40 mins from touchdown we were at the hotel.

At the hotel we were personally greeted and taken through the hotel complex to the beach-front restaurant area to wait for our room. Despite check-in time being 2pm our room was ready for us at 12.30pm. Once in the room there was a 'happy birthday' sign and cake for my girlfriend and a foot wash for us both - very nice touches.

The hotel layout is a little confusing at first - stairs, walkway, lift but finally you get to the pool and beach area which is stunning.

The room itself (Junior Suite) was located at the top end of the hotel and had a partial sea-view from the balcony. The room is huge with one of the biggest and most comfortable beds I have ever seen and slept in. The place was spotlessly clean with a great bathroom.

Breakfast was pretty good and the one lunch we had was very nice. Also there's happy hour drinks on the luxury beach front area from 5pm every day.

The location on Station 1 is excellent - it seems to be the best bit of the beach, sand is great and it's away from the noise of Station 2 but only 10-15 mins walk along the beach to D'Mall and the centre of everything. Oh, and the sunsets are magnificent.

Anyway, enough rambling. The gf was delighted with the hotel and was an absolute pleasure staying there (even if it was only for 2 nights before we had to downgrade to a cheaper hotel). I can't speak for the Shangri-La (which was just out of my price range) but if you are also undecided and want something a little cheaper and more central, then Discovery Shores could be the place for you!

TIP: Go right along the beach and walk the path to Diniwid Beach (10 min walk). It's a very quiet and beautiful little cove with shallow waters. On the far side are 2 hotels - The Nami and West Cove - the latter is great place to have a beer and watch the stunning sunset!

Room Tip: I requested a balcony and views and was given exactly that - was put at the top end of the hotel on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My review is long overdue but I cannot miss to review this amazing hotel in Boracay. Excellent service starts from Caticlan airport where we were provided an airport coach transfer going to Station 1. In the hotel a relaxing foot wash/massage with welcome drinks and cakes was provided and the atmosphere and impression made me look forward for our 2N 3D honeymoon stay. The room is very spacious with a very elegant interior, very comfortable bed, lovely pillows, nice bathroom. The food was loovvelllyyy! I haven't been in the Philippines in a while so having a traditional Filipino breakfast is something i look forward to. The fruits especially mangoes were to die for. We also had our buffet dinner there, a friend of ours from London came with us and He loves the food to the very bits! Every single penny paid to this hotel is all worth it! Will definitely come back and highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A beautiful, comfortable hotel with impeccable service and excellent facilities. We stayed there for a family wedding which all went to plan and I believe exceeded my brother in law's expectations. Our children loved the pool :o) My only criticism was that our smoked glass bathroom door had quite a violent self closer. I managed to crush my thumb in the middle of the night, and it was painful. The food was fairly priced although the room prices were pricey. Apart from that I really can't criticise!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Discovery Shores was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was top-notch, from the moment we arrived at the airport to the moment they dropped us off at the end of the trip. Our stay began with a foot massage for every member of our family (6 people!) in the room, which really helped start our vacation off on the right note.

All of the staff are very friendly and accommodating, but the best by far was Jigs, a waiter on the beach who consistently went far above and beyond in his efforts to help us. When a drink I wanted to order was not part of the happy hour deal (2-for-1) despite costing the same as other drinks that were included, he spoke to the bartender and came back to announce that it had been added to the deal. He remembered each of our names the first time we met him, and always greeted us with a smile when we went down to the beach. Jigs was undoubtedly the best part of the entire stay, and I cannot thank him enough for making our trip so enjoyable.

I should also note that the spa at Discovery Shores is one of the best in all of Asia, having won many awards, and the massage we received there was absolutely phenomenal.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The layout of the hotel is wonderful and even the rooms further away from the be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family