My daughter and I got in to the resort at a bit before 11 am this morning. The transfer from the airport was painless and we were warmly welcomed with Pandang water and cold refreshing towels on arrival. Our Guest Relations executive then took us to the bar by the beach. He said the normal check in time in 2pm but there are some guests who are about to check out and we should get our room soon. So we waited. And we waited. And we waited. And we asked. But our room was ready only at 1.50. Now I understand that it is not always possible to accommodate all early check ins, but if they had only told us we would have gone to D'Mall or something. We were just forced to wait in clothes totally unsuitable to the beach.
We had lunch at the sands restaurant and it was awful!!
Anyway we go into our room, which is lovely (even though it doesnt have sea-view, apparently very few right at the back have some views) and the room is all set up for the welcome massage. There is a welcome note with instructions laid out with some complementary snacks. And the note is in RUSSIAN!!! Hello!!! You have our passports. You know we are not russian!
After a comfy snooze we leave the room at about 5 putting up the refresh our room sign. Now we come back, and the breeze has turned the sign to Do Not Disturb and there is a note under the door saying we couldnt clean your room because of the DND sign!!! And to top that our keys wouldnt work. We had to trudge all the way back and get them reprogrammed.
The property is very nice in a modern sort of way. Station 1 is close enough to all the action and yet is quiet and peaceful. But I dont know about the so-called fab service. Maybe I got them on the wrong day.
Very disappointing Day 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel