I was really looking forward to our delayed summer holiday in Boracay last July. Instead of staying at the Shangri-la Boracay as was our wont, I was convinced by a friend to try Discovery Shores instead since its location was less isolated. At first it seemed okay. We arrived on the first flight from Manila and were allotted a "freshening-up" room which we could use until our rooms were available. Our original room was located over the hills and far away. Upon our request, we were relocated nearer the beach and we even had a jacuzzi on the terrace. One of the managers overheard a conversation between myself and my husband about how we chose Discovery Shores over Shangri-la Boracay. He expressed his pleasure and sent over a free pitcher of margaritas. The food was so-so, and so was the spa. The toiletries were generic. What really stuck in my gut was that Discovery Shores charged us a lot more than Shangri-la Boracay offered. At first the service seemed so promising, especially on our first day. When we checked out, we were left to fend for ourselves. No one at the front desk was particularly interested to assist us in bringing our luggage from reception all the way to the back where we would be collected for the trip to the airport. We were left to fend for ourselves. The package which we got included breakfast aside from another free meal, which we did not always avail of. On our last day, we opted to have lunch there since it would take some time before we reached Caticlan airport. Although we arrived first, we were served last. Despite repeated reminders that we had a flight to catch, the wait staff just didn't care. It really seemed to me that they were only interested in getting our money and once they had done that, they couldn't wait to boot us out. Discovery Shores cannot even compare to Shangri-la. From the moment you are fetched from the airport to the moment you check out and are driven back to the airport, you are completely pampered in Shangri-la. For the prices they charge, they should top the level of service and attention that Shangri-la offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel