My husband and I stayed 5 nights at Discovery Shores as a 2nd honeymoon/'babymoon' before our first baby arrives in October. Funnily enough there were about 4 other pregnant women staying at the resort. This goes to show how relaxing the place is. We were very well taken care of. Staff are very polite and helpful. Poolside and beach-side butler service is great. They bring you iced water without request and various complimentary snacks throughout the day, as well as laying out your towel and (oddly) folding your clothes for you when you go for a swim. We spent most of our time on the beach lounges which are located behind a privacy screen. We weren't sure if the screen is for protection from the wind, hawkers or both but it was effective for both these purposes. Some days they had 4 beds outside the screen right on the beach which we tried to nab. The security guard keeps an eye on the hawkers so you can relax without people bothering you.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom premiere suite which has the bedroom upstairs and lounge room downstairs. Good points were cleanliness, comfy bed, the shower (rainfall showerhead), cable TV (English channels are mostly U.S. programming). There is also a jacuzzi and lounges on the upstairs balcony but we only used it once, preferring the main pool and beach. Bad points: small chaise style lounge (not very good for watching TV as a couple) and the air-conditioning in the bedroom blew straight onto our heads. It's too hot not to have it on so we got used to it.
The quality of lunch and dinner at the Sands restaurant was very good with local and western choices. Because we spent most time on the beach lounges we ordered from Platitos tapas menu a lot but you can also order from the Sands and get it delivered to you. We loved the tuna ceviche and chicken toasts for lunch. We also tried Indigo which is their premiere restaurant. Again, the food was very good but it is located off to the side of the Sands, separated by a curtain, and isn't that much better than the Sands for the price. I'm sure it's better in the dry season when you can sit outside on the deck. Breakfast was the most disappointing. They offer a mix of eastern and western options. Eggs can be cooked to your liking which is nice but accompaniments like bacon, sausages and hash browns were very oily and the range on offer was very inconsistent leaning more towards local cuisine. The juice and milk is on ice but because of the heat doesn't stay cold for long so I avoided the milk. There is also no orange or apple juice with only mango, guava or pandan juice on offer.
We were staying towards the front of the resort close to the restaurants/bar so it was a bit of a steep climb up to the back entrance to get the shuttle service. The shuttle is very reliable however. It's available on demand and we only had to wait a maximum of 5 minutes. The shuttle can take you to the local shops at D'mall. There are more food options there but don't expect great shopping or air-conditioning. It's an outside mall. There is a Budget Mart there where you can buy snacks, etc.
All in all, if you're looking for a romantic getaway or family beach getaway Discover Shores is a great place to choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel