We searched the internet for good hotels around station 1 and 2, but since it was summer season, most of the hotels we wanted were fully booked or can not accomodate such a big group of 10. We saw the website of Microtel, and their service was great. Manila Booking office was very helpful in helping us get a great deal since my family and my sister's family totals 10. We were fetched on time and staff were friendly. We were able to get around because Microtel provides free shuttle service from the hotel to D'Mall area in station 2. This is were the action, fun, shops and restaurants are located. The problem was that the location is quite far from the main white beach. We were 10 jampacked into their van and summer is quite humid and hot. It takes around 20 minutes to reach D'Mall and the van is not airconditioned. We can smell the fumes of the tricycles too. So for first timers, I would suggest that you get hotel accomodation that is located in either station 1 or 2. Eventhough you have to pay more for it, it would be worth the travel time.
Regarding the beach front that is advertised by Microtel, I don't know why their beach front is that way. It is steep and inorder to prevent the sand from eroding, they have placed sandbags on it. It definitely does not look nice. Eventhough it was far, we can walk from the beach front of Microtel to Station 1 and station 2. Some parts are cemented walkways to enable the tourists to travel from beach to beach. Although it is tiring, you are able to see all the nice hotels and resorts along the way, like Fridays and Discovery Shores. Microtel is located at Diniwid Beach, and beside it, is Nami Resort. It is an experience to go up their elevator. The food is great at Nami Resort. We also went to Spider Cove, you have to pass thru a cave. Go there for the experience, but not the food. Its terrible. There is a way to just walk over to the other resorts, because they are interconnected along the shore line. Microtel food is just ordinary. We tried Boracay Steak House at Station 2, and it is truly delicious. Food at Andok's is reasonably priced and delicious too.
Microtel has no ref in most standard rooms, but drinking water and ice , you can get at the ground floor. They also provide 24 hours free coffee and tea.
Microtel chiropractic beds are really comfortable. But are the rooms clean ? It might look clean on the surface, but I killed a big cockcroach in our bathroom on our 2nd day. I would suggest that Microtel personnel be trained to really do the proper way of cleaning and sanitizing the rooms and toilets. My sister saw the bath towels being used to dry the toilet floors. Don't they have rugs for that purpose ? The supervisor replied that the girl was an "OJT" on the job trainee. And she also was folding the new towels on the sink, before placing them on the towel rack !! Are these industry practices ? We must remember to always bring our own towels next time we travel.
Anyway, we had a great vacation. Its not only the hotel, but the fun company that your are with, coupled with a sense of adventure that makes a perfect vacation. We definitely will go back to Boracay, with its oh so powdery white sand beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel by Wyndham Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel by Wyndham Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel