I've read up on reviews of Microtel Boracay prior to my trip and was expecting average service and experience. This was due to the following highlighted items by most reviewers: location and accessibility.
Some intro tidbits
We were welcomed by a Microtel staff from Caticlan Port (Kuya Dante). He was very alert and quick on his feet. He made the first part of our journey to Boracay so easy by carrying all our stuff and never making us wait for more than 5 minutes. Everything was a breeze from Caticlan Port. Upon arriving at Boracay Island, we took a 15 minute shuttle ride to the hotel. I've been to Boracay before and was able to identify that Microtel was indeed a tad bit far away from the Boracay hustle and bustle. We were welcomed by Security Guards of the hotel who were nice enough to open the doors for us. At the reception, we were given shell necklaces and a glass of iced tea slush for welcome drinks. We weren't able to check in immediately though since we came a little earlier than expected and the room wasn't ready yet.
We got the suite facing the pool. I'd be bold in saying that it was the best room in the hotel given its size and accessibility to the beach,pool,and restaurant. I wouldn't consider staying in any other room in Microtel should we decide to come back next year. The room was large enough to fit the 4 of us. My mom and cousin had to sleep on the sofa bed. We initially thought that the sofa bed wouldn't be big enough for the two of them given the size of my mother and well, it was just a sofa bed. But it was nice to see that the sofa bed was actually a queen size bed. The room had its own microwave and fridge. Perfect for my mom who was too lazy to go out and too stingy to eat out. The toilet was regular. It had the necessities. Nothing fantastic. Although, if someone from Microtel is reading this, I would suggest doing some intense cleaning on the the bath tub. There were mat markings on the tub that weren't too nice to see and definitely uninviting. But again, for the price we're paying, a dirty tub is last on our mind. For the room, compared with its rate, I'd give it 4/5.
There are a lot of aspects of the service that I'd like to comment on:
- As I've said on the first part of the review, Kuya Dante has set the tone of how transportation service of Microtel is run. And boy are we satisfied with it. They have these shuttle services going to and from D'Mall every 40 minutes. In order to get the time you want, you need to schedule your service at least 20 minutes prior to your chosen time. We did exactly as told and found it very convenient to move around Boracay. Contrary to comments about the shuttle trip taking 20 mins, my timer only clocked in 10-15 minutes at most. Perhaps the time of day and season has something to do with it but I think Boracay is less crowded in November than it is on April. So that could affect travel time. I'd also like to comment on how the shuttle service is NEVER a second later than the expected time. It would however be earlier than expected. But we never had a problem with catching the shuttle service since we were very compliant with the expected pick up times. 5/5
- The restaurant staff are very warm and personable. They are also quick on their feet and take the time to familiarize with their guests. I'd like to make special mention of the restaurant staff we got to know closely during our trip: Miel, Febe, and Pearl. 4/5
- We got daily upkeep of our room which is very important for me. I like things kept clean and in order even on holiday. They were also very generous in lending us beach towels. The male staff and guards are also very accommodating to guests who request for beach beds right on the beach. The male staff would have to carry the beach beds from the pool to the beach everytime they guest would need it. I also like how the guards extend their duty beyond ensuring our security. They are also in charge of making sure guests who schedule their trips are fetched from their rooms or somewhere on the beach when it's time to go. 4/5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel