We have just stayed for a week and had a second room with family staying too. For us the hotel was too far away from everything and the roads are so crowded with shuttles, ATV'S, and tricycles the island is too commercial and overcrowded.
Well maintained hotel
Good free wifi
good cheap laundry service
Good selection of TV channels for rainy hours
Location too far from d'mall
No local bars
Ants in the room
Flying ants in the reception
Bugs around the sink
Dirty beach (every hotel cleans its section except microtel who had a light tube, beer bottles, rubbish, poly cups from the hotel all over outside the hotel)
Noisy new air con as split units not used. If you keep on low it it is fine.
Rubbish restaurant not run by hotel (wanted to charge 300 paso to microwave a tub of food even when we had just bought some poor quality food from them)
Bar that has no customers and closes early
Nescafé machine for free drinks churns out cups of sludge would prefer kettle in the room or a machine that offers better coffee as all the buttons produce the same dark nasty coffee.
Small stretch of mud from the hotel to the road. I have no idea why they haven't covered this or made a path because after it has rained you need to cross a lake to get to road and the small local shops. This is easy for the hotel to fix by concreting it from the path outside the hotel to where the road is, it's a few meters.
Poor old TV's which seemed to have a habit of the sound going up and down.
Tricycles in this area will want to charge you 100 Passos per person to go anywhere if your not Filipino and some wont take you to the hotel. Thankfully my Filipino partner sorted the prices with me out of sight so we paid 20-30 per journey.
The massages are 350 paso per hour but expect the women to give you 40mins at the most if they can be bothered, go somewhere else for one.
Overall for the price paid I would stay somewhere closer to the action or your always having to get shuttles to and from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel by Wyndham Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel by Wyndham Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel