“Nice hotel, okay food, beautiful beach...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay
Ranked #21 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice hotel, okay food, beautiful beach...”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The hotel was very nice and an excellent option for families with children. The room was large and clean, although the walls are very thin and I had a family with a baby that cried all night in the adjoining room. I didn't complain because, I get it- babies cry. The pool was nice and the beach area was beautiful. The guards on the beach were always very helpful in getting fresh towels, setting up my beach lounge chair or even moving my umbrella. I was disappointed by the restaurant as many of the dishes I ordered were not available and the ones that I got were just okay. Upon check out I was charged for room service that I never ordered and although they ended up figuring out they had put another rooms orders to my room it took them 45 minutes to do so. Free Wifi is available in the lobby area but even after using the provided password it never worked. They offer free shuttle to White beach but several times when I tried to book the shuttle it wasn't available so I had to wait another hour. The hotel is far! So I would recommend it only if you just want to spend most of your time laying on the beach and away from the action. Otherwise, its location is kind of a hassle. I booked the shuttle for airport transfer upon check out and it was definitely worth it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Biviana929

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Düsseldorf
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed in a suite with a sitting area & pull out bed, microwave, fridge & sink during Christmas time for 5 nights. The staff were always busy making sure the place was clean. Maintainance was great! The hose in our bathroom came off & after a couple of minutes the maintainance guy was there to replace the hose. The pool is kind of small but its good enough for the kids. The beach is well kept, towels & sunbeds are for free! With a sunset view like that, you pay so much money for in Europe!

Lovely location far from the busy central area. The beach is not so crowded, which I like. The only thing that bothered me a bit is that there are not a lot of restaurant selections near by. But they offer free shuttle to D' Mall, just make sure you have enough time. Breakfast was ample & they change the selection everyday!!!! I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Spacious rooms as well.

Room Tip: Suites have sitting areas with pull out sofa bed. Sink, Microwave & fridge.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank keyistoenjoylife
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 5, 2012

It was December 27th, in the middle of the Holiday Season when the 33 members of our clan travelled together from Manila to Boracay, first by plane to Kalibo, then 2 hours by bus to the port of Caticlan. Here we were met by a Microtel Inn representative who, amidst the chaos in the very crowded ferry station, efficiently gathered us together, made sure we were boarded in the same ferry with all our luggage without getting wet, and accompanied us to the pier on Boracay Island where we were three shuttles were waiting for us to finally take us to our hotel.

We were met with leis around our neck and welcome drinks; checking into the 13 rooms didn’t take long, and soon we were settled in. I had stayed at the Microtel Inn in Puerto Princesa before, and knew what to expect. No nonsense hotel which provides you with the barest necessities, but prides itself with good service. The beds are large and comfortable and the linen, clean and white. But don’t expect a ref and mini bar in your room, nor shampoo, bath gel, and a toothbrush.

We seemed to have everything we needed. There was a lobby lounge which felt like home with free flowing coffee and tea and wi-fi (very important to the young ones among us). There were books and games, an outdoor playground for the tots, a swimming pool, restaurant, and bar. And the beach front, lined with comfortable lounge chairs, was shared with only a few other resorts, private and quiet compared to the famous White Beach of Boracay, and yet not too far to walk. And if you didn’t feel like walking, or were too young or too old, then you could take the regular shuttle to where the action is. And no, they didn’t have a spa, but we could call for a relaxing two hour hot-stone massage for less than $20.00, within the privacy of our room.

Our stay in Microtel wasn’t incident free. When we checked in, one of the bags in our group was missing. CCTV cameras were used to identify the roomboy who took the bag to the wrong room (also from our group). And I lost my sunglasses on the beach, but another guest had picked it up and given it to a security officer. And I got it back within the day.

It’s not easy to please everyone in such a big group with diverse needs, interests and expectations. When We left on December 30th we all agreed that Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay provided us excellent service and contributed a lot to what made our 4 day, 3 night stay on Boracay a holiday vacation to remember.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vinchu L
Subic, Philippines
Reviewed December 25, 2011

have before use Microtel in Palawan, and though it was the same standard, but no.
Bought suite with garden view,but NEVER found the garden, but off course you think that 3 flowers is a garden. Service also reception was lausy, our rooms was dirty so they needed to clean again twice.
Breakfest NOT eatable, even the supervisor told us it was bad as it is not the same manemagement.
Beach where ?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kmittag
microtel-boracay, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for posting your experience during your stay last July 2011. We are deeply concerned to hear about the kind of service you received from our front desk, housekeeping and restaurant. We have discussed this matter to the concerned supervisors and we are taking corrective actions to avoid a repetition of similar incident.

It was unfortunate that your visit fell during monsoon season where our side of the Island experienced frequent occurrences of strong winds, high tides and big waves which sadly eroded our beach sands. But just like in the past, as soon as the season was over, the same forces of nature providentially brought back the sands. Please check out photos of our beachfront posted by our most recent guests here in this site.

We are hoping for your kind understanding in this regard. Thank you.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We went there last Nov 29- Dec.1 to celebrate my baby's 2nd birthday together with my husband and my friend...All of us are just first timers in Boracay, so we really want best experienced. It really took me so long before decided on what hotel to go but with the help of trip advisor I finally had peace of mind to choose Microtel Inns and Suites. We really had a long trip since we just had the Kalibo route but friendly staff of Microtel were there at the Caticlan's jetty port to accompany us and help us on our baggages. Finally we arrived at Microtel and to our surprise some of the staff are already waiting for us gave us leis and welcome drinks. We really felt so welcomed. We chose the double room, it's simple but elegant I should say worth for the money we pay since they gave me 60% off.We rest for an hour then went down to check the place the ambiance looks romantic at night. We even saw foreigners having romantic dinner. Then, we went to the main beach to see the place and have our dinner. It's indeed nice place also. D'mall has lots of boutique especially for souvenir items.On our second day, we woke up early to experience the sunrise and their free breakfast. It's an English breakfast.They have assigned dish for a specific day so you cannot select what you want.The only thing you can are the type of egg,type of drinks and two categories for the processed meat.I enjoyed it so much even w/o rice since I am very much concern about my figure. But my hubby and my friend did not enjoy the food since they really prefer heavy breakfast. They are not satisfied with the little serving of the food. After breakfast we went upstairs again to decorate our room for my son's birthday. We put balloons straight from Manila so those are customized.They also prepared birthday cake and balloons for my baby due to my request. The cake was brought by 5 of their staff then sung birthday song. What a memorable birthday experienced for my baby. After the celebration went down to experience Diniwid beach. Very private and very beautiful, we spend our time there and rest with their very comfy couch with umbrella.
Feels like heaven or should I say like paradise being there in microtel resort...perfectly located in station 1..very private and serene afar from the busy and crowded place from stations 2 and 3. The nice and beautiful beach is just in front of the hotel over looking in their premium rooms, which we really enjoy because of the calming and refreshing view...When we are there I really feel the tranquility I have been looking for after the all the stressful work in Manila. I feel all my stress were gone and wanting to stay there for a long time. We will surely go back there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ghie17
Thank you for the chance you gave our team to help out in making your son's birthday celebration a memorable experience for him while the whole family enjoy a stress-free stay with us. We are also grateful for your time to post a review and your high ratings on our location, staff service and facilities. We took note of your comment on our breakfast menu and please be assured that we will take action to improve the quality.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had the best experience staying in Microtel in Boracay. The rooms were very clean, excellent staff, very good food at "Mama's Fish House" plus excellent service. The beach is very nice and quiet. They have a nice, clean pool. Very family friendly. We'll surely come back here!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Maggie K
It is our team's pleasure to know that you and your family had a wonderful time while staying with us. We thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience and for posting excellent ratings on our location, service and facilities.

We look forward to having you and your family soon at Microtel Boracay!
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Small hotel but clean. Staff are friendly and kindly. It takes 10 mins to D'mall and hotel provides free shuttle bus. There are less people on the beach. I made a proposal there and hotel helped me set up a sand sculpture and romantic beach dinner. That's a great experiance.

Room Tip: Beach view room is better.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles888
Thank you for giving us opportunity to be of assitance in making your romantic proposal a great experience for you and your future bride. We appreciate that you took time to post a review on your visit. An excellent rating from you, a TripAdvisor senior reviewer, means so much to me and our team.

Again, thank you and congratulations!